Hey DoUgIe.... What about US at USAirways

1AA said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not take the press releases to heart. The Unions leadership are the ones who welcomed the merger not the membership. Since this merger and MOU's were announced I have had many conversations with mostly AMT's but pilots, flight attendants, ramp and ticket agents as well. I can tell you that a vast majority did not support the merger. This tells me that the unions leadership got a piece of the pie that stopped at the top and never made it to the members. Who in their right mind would give up profit sharing for a measly 4.8% raise? The TWU did. Which union of the three on the property negotiated the lowest 401K contribution? The TWU did. Which of the three unions on the property has not only the lowest 401K contribution but has to match it to get it? The TWU. Profit sharing used to be a company benefit for all employees. Somewhere along the line the TWU made it a contractual item. What is next? Our flight benefits? So please remember that a majority of the front line employees did not care for the merger.

The IAM did the same thing years ago.  All other Employee groups see a piece of the pie and get  a check.  The IAM member get a great big thank you but as far as a little cash.... YOU GET NOTHING !   Robbed, dont worry about Malikie... there lucky to still have a job

nycbusdriver said:

If you are talking about the employees as a whole, you may be correct.  But the pilot group had a ballot on the agreement, and the vast majority voted in favor of it.  Had they not, it likely would not have stopped the merger, though.
Bingo!  Even if the results had been 90% against the merger, the company response would have been ''Thanks for sharing.  Now, if there's nothing else we have these executive stock options in the new company that we need to get distributed."  :lol:

bunt3dunk said:
Must be a west idiot of the DP fan club , the East employees have been screwed for 35 years
then why are you still here?  i mean DP has only had the reigns for 8 years yet you are are still here if its so bad... leave! bye see ya! hasta la vista!!! So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, adieu

In Other words dont let the door hit ya on the way out!

Reactions: 2 people