Hillary's Foreign Policy Experience is FUBAR?

Oct 30, 2006
Since January, Hillary has been attempting, at all costs, to bolster her foreign policy experience. She has given numerous speeches and written several columns (often through campaign advisors), touting her unrivaled foreign experience.

Despite being questioned - - and even outright challenged - - about the depth of and factual assertions in her descriptions of her foreign experience, Hillary has continued her "story" unabated.

Last week, Hillary had this gem:

" I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia, and as Togo said, there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the First Lady. That’s where we went. I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

Well, either her memory is extremely challanged, or she is outright lying.

According to several news sources, participants in the Bosnia trip, and an involved Military general, this description is bunk!

"On two different occasions, Senator Hillary Clinton has described a trip she took as first lady to Bosnia in March of 1996.

To hear her tell it, she was lucky to escape with her life, landing in a hail of sniper fire. She said they were forced to cut short the greeting ceremony at the airport and, 'run with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.'

But apparently there was time to stop and visit at the airport with an 8-year-old girl who greeted Mrs. Clinton on the tarmac when she landed and read her a poem.

The military commander on hand to greet Clinton at the time, Major General William Nash, told the Washington Post he was unaware of any sniper threat to Clinton during her 8-hour stay.

Also traveling with the first lady was her daughter Chelsea, the singer Sheryl Crow and the comedian Sinbad, who said the scariest part of the trip was deciding where to eat.

Hillary Clinton claims that she was sent to places that her husband, President Clinton, could not go because they were “too dangerous.â€￾

Back to Sinbad… When commenting on Clinton’s version of events, he said, “What kind of president would say, ‘Hey man, I can’t go because I might get shot… but I’m gonna send my wife and daughter. Oh and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.’â€￾

Its the Clinton M/O to tell half truths and flat out lies.

As for Bill sending her in his cowardly place, well that I could actually buy!

Its the Clinton M/O to tell half truths and flat out lies.

As for Bill sending her in his cowardly place, well that I could actually buy!

He he he......maybe he had visions of another Ron Brown thingy planned

.....can't blame him can you :lol:

Lily:

I saw the same piece earlier while at work and hoped someone posted it.Those friggin'

Clintstones and their propensity to untruths..... :lol:

Notice how this campaign from either side has let out slurs upon slurs against

one and another to only have a slight retraction made later by either side?Much like court..

Objection.....Sustained....Overruled.... :lol:

What has this country come to?

This primary is like one of those stupid shows on an island......

In this corner,Hillary Clinton....and

from the streets of Chicago's East side.....Barak Hussein Obama.... :rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Tonite...CBS news blew HC out of the water as to her claims Lily highlighted.Seems CBS and the reporter who led the story were there with HC ducking all the 'sniper fire' and even had footage of the NON greeting ceremony with locals and children 'Braving the withering sniperfire'... :lol:

Shortly thereafter were HC apologists explaining the misunderstanding....but the video spoke for itself.

Notice how this campaign from either side has let out slurs upon slurs against

one and another to only have a slight retraction made later by either side?Much like court..

Objection.....Sustained....Overruled.... :lol:

What has this country come to?

This primary is like one of those stupid shows on an island......

In this corner,Hillary Clinton....and

from the streets of Chicago's East side.....Barak Hussein Obama.... :rolleyes:

Slouching Toward Denver

The Democratic Death March

A lot of this has to explain why it took them so long to release her official documents from her time as First Lady. The Clinton camp knew that she had either lied, embellished, or somehow altered numerous stories and truths to fit how she wanted to portray herself or her experience... and it was going to come back to bite them in the ***!

As they say, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! :rolleyes: