Hiring

chestercfi

Mar 3, 2011
Does anyone have any information about current or future hiring plans? I do believe most if not all of the furloughs have been offered recall right? APC says interviewing is currently being conducted but on the careers section of the website there are not any open jobs postings in the flight operations section. I was just wondering if these interviews are filled by past furloughs or past pools.

Thanks

Does anyone have any information about current or future hiring plans? I do believe most if not all of the furloughs have been offered recall right? APC says interviewing is currently being conducted but on the careers section of the website there are not any open jobs postings in the flight operations section. I was just wondering if these interviews are filled by past furloughs or past pools.

Thanks

I saw both pilots and F/As were interviewing at the CLT Training Center last month.

I think you are right, the pilots were being interview out of past pools. I guess that means the pools will be depleted soon.

For pilots, remember we are a little over 3 years into the age 65 situation. Things are going to blow wide open in about a year. That should go for all airlines.

Thanks

As far as FAs, there are no more fuloughs left to call back and we hired some new off the street. Last week they were still open, but I would not be surprised if they have stopped.

We have some new hires in training now and some just graduated Monday.

Because your pay rates on the 190 make the regionals look lucradive, pilots on furlough have the choice to bypass the 190 and wait till their is a slot open on the 737 or the airbus.

Last I heard on the pilot side, they had a class of 12 on Jan 3rd. These were guys from the pool. There are a number of guys that are at piedmont and PSA which had interviewed previously under the preferred hiring thing that was in place. Hiring shut down before they were released from their respective airlines. They have supposedly been offered positions too. Depending on a number of factors I heard they were looking at running classes of 10 a month / every other month, until they had the number they needed. Think with just the preferentials they have a enough for a 3 or 4 classes

Depending on a number of factors I heard they were looking at running classes of 10 a month / every other month, until they had the number they needed. Think with just the preferentials they have a enough for a 3 or 4 classes

If true, that's 60 +/- a year - kinda puts to rest the wild numbers for attrition thrown around on the pilot's forum...

Jim

Reactions: 1 person