How Come No Word?

AM49AAA

Aug 20, 2002
If Siegel and Co. did present a plan to the BOD after the ALPA BOD member walked out, were the IAM, CWA, and AFA BOD members present? Why no info from them if a new plan was presented?

Board members are governed by confidentiality restrictions. Until the company has all the "t's" crossed and "i's dotted, there will be no public announcement. I understand we will hear specific details in the not-so-distant future, but not until after the first of the year.

Regards,

Chip

My guess is that it's a grim plan, if ALPA walked out rather than listen to it. Maybe the management clowns are just trying not to tick off the employees any more than necessary over the holidays. :unsure:

My guess is that the "t's" and "i's" haven't been written yet, much less crossed and dotted.

As for the (so far) mythical 60 new airplanes.- does anyone know how many Buses will run out of time in the next two years if the company loses the outsourcing battle and chooses not to do the maintenance in house?

Another tidbit for what it's worth. A PIT FAA inspector on jimpseat to CLT for Bus simulator said that "company officials" had told him that the 737's coming up on heavy maintenance would be parked. How many would that be in the next two years. (PS, I didn't say it was true - only what he said)

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
My guess is that the "t's" and "i's" haven't been written yet, much less crossed and dotted.

As for the (so far) mythical 60 new airplanes.- does anyone know how many Buses will run out of time in the next two years if the company loses the outsourcing battle and chooses not to do the maintenance in house?

Another tidbit for what it's worth. A PIT FAA inspector on jimpseat to CLT for Bus simulator said that "company officials" had told him that the 737's coming up on heavy maintenance would be parked. How many would that be in the next two years. (PS, I didn't say it was true - only what he said)

Jim
BB,

The rate of burn on timed out narrow bodies is averaging 2 per month at present...consistant with the rate in which we took delivery of them in the begining..this will escalate as time moves forward...as did the rate of delivery.

Anyone who has worked in this business can do a better job then the thieves, liars and cheats that are in place now.

Maybe you should change your name to Sybil.

PineyBob,

Thanks for pointing out how the rank and file employees have strived to keep this company afloat over the years. Many of our coworkers, though striving mightily, have suffered defeat and are gone.

Management, on the other hand, seldom suffers defeat. Schofield left with his millions and a house on Pinehurst #2 (I grew up in the area - not exactly the slums). Wolfe left with his millions and a villa in France (I hear, though I haven't been invited). Gangwal left with his millions. When Dave leaves, I have no doubt that he'll have a nice retirement package as well. None of these have plugged the leaks that are sinking this ship.

Jim

Have you ever had to meet a payroll or come up with a plan in the middle of the most turbulent time in aviation history?

That's rich. You can bet what's left of your retirement that management got "their's" up front. If U tubes, they'll walk all the way to the bank.

Yes, Piney. You heard me correctly. Clowns. And those that blindly support them are called "stooges". I guess we all know where you stand on this. I've managed several operations in a variety of fields, and also have advanced degrees. Just what are you're qualifications for making judgements? Or are you simply one of TR's "critics"? It's fairly obvious that this company is being poorly managed, with little realistic positioning for the future. Further, it shows just how poor the BOD is when the chairman has to get involved in a "pissin contest" just because the group which he represents makes it's views about this management team public. I'd like nothing more than to see Dave succeed here, but he seems singularly focussed on destroying any means of competing that UAIR has in some ill conceived program of cost cuts. That's right, Piney. CLOWNS! :angry:

Bob, even the MAJOR WALL STREET ANALYSTS are saying IT IS MANAGEMENT, not LABOR, and I think they know more about it then you or I.

In regard to the Transformation Plan and the A320 maintenance issue, I believe the appellate hearing is scheduled for January 13.

It makes sense the plan will be announced after the appellate court decision because the judges decision could have a bearing on future cost cut targets and focus areas.

Respectfully,

Chip

Yes the hearing is set for 1/13 and the company will lose again for the FOURTH time! And the IAM attornies have told us not to expect a decision for 45 to 60 day after the hearing.

Try again Chip, I hear they want outsource all flying to Mesa now.

Chip Munn said:
In regard to the Transformation Plan and the A320 maintenance issue, I believe the appellate hearing is scheduled for January 13.

It makes sense the plan will be announced after the appellate court decision because the judges decision could have a bearing on future cost cut targets and focus areas.

Respectfully,

Chip
Your partly correct Chip.

Maybe the courts ruling will "Force Them" to focus on the real problems...instead of precieved problems. I believe N700UW's stay with ST Mobile Aerospace in Mobile clearly proved how penny wise and dollar foolish our leadership is.

Maybe they'll focus on how many hours you sit between flights with little to do beyond aggravating your co-workers and our code-share partners too?

Economic benefits and economies of scale can be weighed in many ways....it all depends on the wisdom or treachery of those doing the weighing. Right?? :unsure:

Saw Dave in the CLT terminal a couple of weeks ago. F/O asked where his plan is, Dave said" I have it right here (pointed at his briefcase) but we won't release the details until after the holidays, it's gonna work". Then he kept walking.
So I guess we'll hear after the holidays.

PineyBob said:
I am willing as a customer to give them a little more time. I see bright spots that encourage me.
Piney,

With all due respect, it DOESN'T MATTER if YOU the customer will give hime more time.

This DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LIFE.

This is not your job/career.
This is not a hobby for us as this site is for you.

If US Airways fails, you will go to United's forum and give them you thoughts and money.

Although we appreciate ALL customers loyalty, some things are of no concern to you. This is one of them. He won't be digging into your pockets.

Back