AFA-CWA Merger Finalization

Informed1

Advanced
Nov 18, 2006
So the union just sent an eline stating that the BOD must make a decision about the merger of AFA-CWA. The past 4 years have been a trial period of sorts. Now that the period is ending AFA must decide to finalize or "opt out" of the merger. Several scenarios are presented. What I think is interesting, and completely factual, whether you like it or not, is all the AFA carriers suffered the worst pay cuts and benefits losses through the bankruptcies after 09/11. Go online and check out Continental or American's contracts. They still have good hourly rates of pay, fair work rules, and retirement plans. If you compare United and US Airways contracts you will find hourly pay rates with top outs in the low to mid $30's, no retirement, etc. How is it that Continental and American was able to maintain such contracts but we could not? I can't help but think it had something to do with our union. Well, nevertheless, factual and you can read it for yourself. I just thought it was interesting how our MEC stated that we would be worse off without AFA during the bankruptcy

How is it that Continental and American was able to maintain such contracts but we could not?

Imformed1 said: "What I think is interesting, and completely factual, whether you like it or not, is all the AFA carriers suffered the worst pay cuts and benefits losses through the bankruptcies after 09/11."

I think you answered your own question!

Latest posts