How many Title 1 AMT's will take the early out?

Has anyone seen "certified results" from Ballot Point yet?
And I mean signed and certified results direct from Ballot Point?
No, and the rumor here at AFW is, STL and TUL are spoiling the recount that was requested by all the other locals. Bob Owens can you fill us in ? I will get with Larry and see wtf is going on.

The requirements for the early out are 45 years old with 15 years of service. It's not so much an early retirement incentive as it is an early "get the hell out and do something else where you can make more money" incentive. Sure, for those close to retirement, it's found money that will give the kick in the pants to just retire already and for those who are 45 or older, but not ready to retire, it should serve as a kick in the pants to prepare the resume and find a higher paying opportunity.

It's your future, not mine, but IMO, you'd be crazy to stick with the airline industry. UPS has just 1,000 very highly paid AMTs and WN has fewer than 3,000 and neither is hiring in huge numbers. As I pointed out the other day, find something that needs fixing that's owned by a monopolist, not in a highly competitive industry where nearly everyone files for Ch 11 periodically to slash wages and benefits. Municipal transit systems don't have any competiton. Public utilities. Even local car dealers don't tend to file Ch 11 very often. Although the Ford or GM dealer doesn't offer standby flight benefits, they do offer employee discounts on new cars and trucks. And with the additional income, buying confirmed tickets would be easier.

Keep an eye on one another and be there for your friends, as it is a very difficult time. Best of luck to all.

AA needs to get rid of many. Hold out and the $$$ value will climb higher.
The carrot stick is over, now time to rid off some payroll

The requirements for the early out are 45 years old with 15 years of service. It's not so much an early retirement incentive as it is an early "get the hell out and do something else where you can make more money" incentive. Sure, for those close to retirement, it's found money that will give the kick in the pants to just retire already and for those who are 45 or older, but not ready to retire, it should serve as a kick in the pants to prepare the resume and find a higher paying opportunity.

It's your future, not mine, but IMO, you'd be crazy to stick with the airline industry. UPS has just 1,000 very highly paid AMTs and WN has fewer than 3,000 and neither is hiring in huge numbers. As I pointed out the other day, find something that needs fixing that's owned by a monopolist, not in a highly competitive industry where nearly everyone files for Ch 11 periodically to slash wages and benefits. Municipal transit systems don't have any competiton. Public utilities. Even local car dealers don't tend to file Ch 11 very often. Although the Ford or GM dealer doesn't offer standby flight benefits, they do offer employee discounts on new cars and trucks. And with the additional income, buying confirmed tickets would be easier.

Keep an eye on one another and be there for your friends, as it is a very difficult time. Best of luck to all.
AMEN!

Just don't make a decision based on emotion 'what you think' your skills are worth may be disappointing and there is no mulligan.
It's always better to look for a new job while still having a job and you can burn through the buyout money pretty quick if you are not prepared.
Seen some people jump ship on emotion and then struggle.

JMHO&PO,
B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people

This is very good advice! :)

IF - the company actually follows through with the aircraft order, there WILL be a maintenance holiday and the people WILL be shown the door - regardless of whether or not this football bat of a contract was passed or not. The company CANNOT shut down its maintenance program just because a contract was rejected, that is, unless flying ceases after their aircraft run out of time, one by one.

The jobs "saved" are temporary in nature but - unless the contract was ratified the company would not reimburse to twu for its legal fees paid (I remember reading something about that). Gotta do that so as not to make the VP return their cars or take a salary hit.

One thing people are forgeting , it takes years and years to replace 500 aircraft. We've all been thru large aircraft orders, nothing changes fast.

One thing people are forgeting , it takes years and years to replace 500 aircraft. We've all been thru large aircraft orders, nothing changes fast.
230 single-aisle airplanes from 2013-2017. That's an average of 46 per year, nearly four per month. Given that they won't need a heavy C check for their first five or six years, that's a lot of heavy maintenance that won't be happening. AA isn't going to perform a heavy C check on the MD-80s before they're sent to the desert. My guess is that from this point forward, not very many MD-80s will get another heavy check in their lifetime. Likewise with the older 757s. That five or six years provides ample opportunity for outsourced MROs (domestic or foreign) to ramp up capacity.

And immediately following the first 230 in five years - the plan is to take delivery of another 230 single-aisle planes from 2018-2022. Plus all the new 777-300s and 787s on the way. Every time a new one shows up, the plane that's next due for a heavy check flies to ROW. If your livelihood is tied to TULE, that's probably not good news.

Reactions: 1 person
230 single-aisle airplanes from 2013-2017. That's an average of 46 per year, nearly four per month. Given that they won't need a heavy C check for their first five or six years, that's a lot of heavy maintenance that won't be happening. AA isn't going to perform a heavy C check on the MD-80s before they're sent to the desert. My guess is that from this point forward, not very many MD-80s will get another heavy check in their lifetime. Likewise with the older 757s. That five or six years provides ample opportunity for outsourced MROs (domestic or foreign) to ramp up capacity.

And immediately following the first 230 in five years - the plan is to take delivery of another 230 single-aisle planes from 2018-2022. Plus all the new 777-300s and 787s on the way. Every time a new one shows up, the plane that's next due for a heavy check flies to ROW. If your livelihood is tied to TULE, that's probably not good news.

Yep. Senority list was 9346"ish" today. IMO it will be less than half that inside of 5 years.

Its best not to look 10 yrs into the future 2012-2022. Nothing ever goes smoothly over 10 yrs.