TWU Headcount Changes

Realityck said:

In the spirit of your last post, I’ll attempt to enlighten you.

A. Prior to the Bankruptcy the APA Pilots were the only group that had Lump Sum Pensions in their contract, although I don’t know if that’s still true. I think there was a very brief period when American extended that to other groups but it was never negotiated, a letter of Agreement, nor an option offered as part of our contract.

B. The 1985 Contract had 3 Bonus Payments. I believe it was $500 on 9/85, $500 on 3/86, and $1,000 on 3/87. See page 126 of the 1985 Contract titled “Lump Sum Payments”.

C. To my knowledge from 1983 until 2001, there were no Letters of Agreement that were not in either the Contract as Letters of Memorandum, or sent to all the Locals by the International who directed that they be maintained in an “ATD Letters of Agreement” Manual. The purpose of this was to insure that any change in interpretation or application of contract articles would be available to the then current local officers, as well as future officers as they took office. Any Local President who served during this period of time should be able to substantiate this.

Unfortunately, in the 2001 Negotiations the parties agreed to review all Letters of Agreement and dispose of them by either (1) Removing them, (2) Removing them and incorporating them into Contract Articles, (3) Retain them in the Contract, or (4) Retain them outside of the Contract. See page 216 of the 2001 Contract titled “Disposition of Letters of Agreement”.
I was in the local 514 union hall one time years ago when someone asked why we had secret letters of agreement and Ed Wilson (In typical fashion) told him "There are no secret letters of agreement brother.  There are just some you don't know about."  Needless to say I was not an Ed Wilson fan.  

Reactions: 4 people
OldGuy@AA said:
I was in the local 514 union hall one time years ago when someone asked why we had secret letters of agreement and Ed Wilson (In typical fashion) told him "There are no secret letters of agreement brother.  There are just some you don't know about."  Needless to say I was not an Ed Wilson fan.  

Neither was I

Reactions: 1 person
Tulsa: 200 moving out of the Engine Shops heading for the hangars with 30-40 going to hangar 1&2. Many of the Crew Chief's asked about getting what young AMTO ( SRP, OSM ) back on the floor to gain Systems and Structure experience. No answer because it is all in negotiations.

Then a miracle happened, TUL was told that any work truck over 15 years will slowly be replaced. Now if a way can be found to keep the Truck and Key's together?

AA Tulsa Mechanic said:
Some time back, I remember a meeting where management stated that the  company planned on supporting MIA, ORD and LAX as fortress hubs.  So expect much more growth in these stations as we get closer to SOC.

That tells me that the guys in CLT, and PHL better start thinking of the future.  And the guys here in PIT who think they are just going to sashay right over to PHL if they close PIT, might have another thing coming.

Buck said:
Tulsa: 200 moving out of the Engine Shops heading for the hangars with 30-40 going to hangar 1&2. Many of the Crew Chief's asked about getting what young AMTO ( SRP, OSM ) back on the floor to gain Systems and Structure experience. No answer because it is all in negotiations.

Then a miracle happened, TUL was told that any work truck over 15 years will slowly be replaced. Now if a way can be found to keep the Truck and Key's together?
15 years?  You guys have such new stuff.  Send them our way.  We have a few around here from 1987.

Buck said:

We were told that American suddenly has alot of money to spend on work stands,tugs, etc.

Real tired said:
15 years?  You guys have such new stuff.  Send them our way.  We have a few around here from 1987.
Believe me.  Once they are in use for 6 months they look like hammered $h!t.  Nobody takes care of anything anymore.

The new rumor has it that Taesl suddenly layed off 17 management including supervisors and planners. In my experience that is what happens right before the floor workers get hit.

Reactions: 4 people
Buck,
Look on the ALC page of the jetnet. There are comments from managers in attendance saying the AA CFO said spend money!!!

Overspeed said:
Buck,
Look on the ALC page of the jetnet. There are comments from managers in attendance saying the AA CFO said spend money!!!
spend it before we have to give it to the mechanics!

Reactions: 5 people

Latest posts