AMT vs OSM

This info is enough to vote no on this TA, you also have the retirement medical to vote no on. Didn't AA change the line stations maintence tickets so they can run as overhaul bases a couple of years ago? Meaning they can have OSM's at the line stations. At ORD we're fixing A/C at the hgr with 6th days during the day, and they're not letting any transfers in.

It's been no secret that I have been a company guy, but I always like picking on the guys who speak in rhetoric or just complain to much. In this TA we're giving up an aweful lot, but not getting much in return.
<_< ------ Well,well,well------- You starting to see where this T/A is going? Or not going? ------ Welcome to the real world of American Airlines!!!

This info is enough to vote no on this TA, you also have the retirement medical to vote no on. Didn't AA change the line stations maintence tickets so they can run as overhaul bases a couple of years ago? Meaning they can have OSM's at the line stations. At ORD we're fixing A/C at the hgr with 6th days during the day, and they're not letting any transfers in.

It's been no secret that I have been a company guy, but I always like picking on the guys who speak in rhetoric or just complain to much. In this TA we're giving up an aweful lot, but not getting much in return.

They say they arent letting any transfers in because of MCI. Well the average age at MCI is 59. How many are going to pack up and move to ORD or NYC at 59? Not many, they are saving those vacancies for all the A&Ps who will be bumped out of OH to make room for more OSMs if this passes.

These and many other systems are designed to make air travel safer, more efficient, and more comfortable. These systems require that technicians obtain additional training, but they have not replaced the basic education required by the Federal Aviation Administration to obtain an Airframe and Powerplant license. Aviation Maintenance Technicians train for basic mechanics
Never did find a real definition of an OSM. What I did gather from the little info I could find on the subject is that the TWU wants the “Licensed” OSM’s to get a pay raise. Will the raise bring these guys up to AMT status? I guess that a Licensed OSM is, well, a A&P/AMT AMT Helper? Wow this could get really confusing as hell. Why can’t we just have A&P’s with journeymen or apprentices? It is so weird how every one dances around this A&P/AMT and now OSM thing. The above website says…These systems require that technicians obtain additional training, but they have not replaced the basic education required by the Federal Aviation Administration to obtain an Airframe and Powerplant license… The AMTA says…“Aircraft Maintenance Professional who are called either Aircraft Maintenance Technician, AMT, or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, AME...”They don’t even bother to mention the A&P.

OSM’s killing AMT’s, AMT’s killing A&P’s…What is the world coming to?

Overhaul Support Mechanic = OSM
Shop Repair Person = SRP
SRP, OSM, Local machine shop, local welder, shop clean-up guy, A&P and A&E's are all AMT's under the current definition of AMT.

Who cares if the AMT term dies? It's a meaningless term to begin with. AMT, OSM and whatever this new classification is they want to invent for the "licensed OSM" is simply a means to do away with the A&P.

It is really strange how the AMTA promotes the one term that is going to destroy the very craft it is trying to preserve.

<_< ------ Well,well,well------- You starting to see where this T/A is going? Or not going? ------ Welcome to the real world of American Airlines!!!

My decision isn't made yet on voting for this TA. The information on this forum is a lot like Keith Olberman of MSNBC, you skew info to suit your own opinions. We don't know for sure what's in this TA until we read it ourselves. We need to be more informed we need to listen more to Glenn Beck of FOXNEWS, and beware of the hidden agenda of unions.

My decision isn't made yet on voting for this TA. The information on this forum is a lot like Keith Olberman of MSNBC, you skew info to suit your own opinions. We don't know for sure what's in this TA until we read it ourselves. We need to be more informed we need to listen more to Glenn Beck of FOXNEWS, and beware of the hidden agenda of unions.
This is true. We have only been privy to the Highlights. Makes one wonder what Lowlights we have not seen as of yet.

Overhaul Support Mechanic = OSM
Shop Repair Person = SRP
I remember an argument when the acronym OSM first popped up - someone wanted to term them "Professional Overhaul Support Mechanics" - Burchette's first comment was "What are we going to call them? POSsuMs?"

Virtually the only thing the SOB ever said I agreed with. Did he ever tell anyone what he found while sticking his hands in Romano's pockets as was promised? Were the bottoms cut out?

I can't imagine a liar like this being unfit to be a part of the International as that's all he and Yingst did - but that's a conversation for another thread.

... and I always thought the military was bad about THEIR many acronyms - this is just as bad - and meaningless. As I've heard for years and said many times myself, "Call me anything you wish - just not late for dinner."

Don't forget - those who pick up your garbage are now referred to as "sanitation engineers." An important-sounding title that didn't result in a raise in pay for them, either.

If you truly listen to Glenn Beck and Foxnews, then your mind is made up and you will do what the corporate gods want you to do and vote yes. I do hope your comment is a joke.

Latest posts