How much is enough money to make seniority woes fade?

Nope, amusement. And amazement at some of the positions. All the "If I don't get my way...." is like watching a 2-year old throwing a tantrum.

Jim do you need his help?
I'm completely able to be amused on my own watching this soap opera.....

Here's an interesting question - if ALPA reverses the decision because of the uproar from the East, what will they do when the resulting uproar from the West is heard? Reverse the reversal? Comedy writers couldn't come up with anything like this.....

Jim

Nope, amusement. And amazement at some of the positions. All the "If I don't get my way...." is like watching a 2-year old throwing a tantrum.
I'm completely able to be amused on my own watching this soap opera.....

Here's an interesting question - if ALPA reverses the decision because of the uproar from the East, what will they do when the resulting uproar from the West is heard? Reverse the reversal? Comedy writers couldn't come up with anything like this.....

Jim
Great, glad you are amused. Maybe you could call up some of the pilots you flew with that were greatly affected by these results and share your guffaws with them, have fun and enjoy. Maybe the I've got mine attitude will show up too, they will enjoy that also. Good Day

I don't know yet about the fences idea. It just makes me real skeptical to deal with a group who wanted no part in negotiations and mediation and now all of the sudden when the ruling is out they are willing to sit at a table and find common ground. There is a lack of trust there and believe me, it does not change the fact that I would rather stand as one collective labor group helping each other get a solid and lucrative contract. It also doesn't help to have the proverbial gun held against my head when some decide to use the tact of "negotiate or we'll try and decertify your union and/or burn this place down". That type of mob mentality actually encourages me to take a stand against joint compromise. Until emotions on both side are taken down a few notches then this conflict will remain the biggest impediment to a strong and unified pilot group.

Blue skies....

Cetainly, something must be done to rectify west vs east's issues into some form of mutually palatable dish. My first notion's the fences..but am additionally open to any/all suggestions so as to clean up what's a poisonous situation for us all.

Maybe you could call up some of the pilots you flew with that were greatly affected by these results and share your guffaws with them
See, that's what's so funny (and also at the root of the controversy). If more people would look at how they were actually affected instead of looking at how they weren't affected the way they hoped they'd be, they'd see that they weren't greatly affected at all. The ones doing the complaining are much better off than half the pilots in a previous merger......

Great, glad you are amused. Maybe you could call up some of the pilots you flew with that were greatly affected by these results and share your guffaws with them, have fun and enjoy. Maybe the I've got mine attitude will show up too, they will enjoy that also. Good Day

Did he get the lump sum before it was killed? :shock:

Did he get the lump sum before it was killed? :shock:
Nope, get my monthly PBGC check just like every other retiree since 3/1/03....

Jim

We're all thrilled that this hideous mess is affording you such reading delight, and overall guffaws/chuckles/etc.
I'm thrilled you're thrilled!

WTF did YOU sign on for AWA so long ago?...Long ago...It was only the act of the truly desperate, or otherwise unemployable...or flat out scabs to go there, as opposed to any "real airline".
Now see, that's 99.9% of your problem - you assume too many things. It'll go DOH, it'll be overturned, we'll teach those West SOB's, BoeingBoy works (or worked) for HP. See a trend here....

Jim

That sucks. My condolences. :(
Actually, it doesn't. I learned a long time ago (watching the Braniff guys start over) that "expectations" weren't worth much. So we (the better half and I) prepared for a potential future without the big lump sum.

Beginning to see why confusing "expectations" with "guarantees" is a dumb thing to do?

Jim

Actually, it doesn't. I learned a long time ago (watching the Braniff guys start over) that "expectations" weren't worth much. So we (the better half and I) prepared for a potential future without the big lump sum.

Beginning to see why confusing "expectations" with "guarantees" is a dumb thing to do?

Jim

You mean you have broadband? :shock: :lol:

Jim

Sure do. Which is why "expectations" should not even be in ALPA merger policy language.

"Getting Nicolau's decision "thrown out" is definitely not going to bring peace either......"

I don't care about the peace. I was simply responding to the originator of this thread...."what would it take". Clearly, you're not interested in a merged airline. And ya know, I'm kinda ok with that myself.

I'm just here to make a decent living for my family. I'm not interested in locking horns with anyone except those who try to take what I have so clearly earned.

I don't know yet about the fences idea. It just makes me real skeptical to deal with a group who wanted no part in negotiations and mediation and now all of the sudden when the ruling is out they are willing to sit at a table and find common ground.

What? Who wanted no part in negotiations and mediation?

There is a lack of trust there and believe me, it does not change the fact that I would rather stand as one collective labor group helping each other get a solid and lucrative contract. It also doesn't help to have the proverbial gun held against my head when some decide to use the tact of "negotiate or we'll try and decertify your union and/or burn this place down". That type of mob mentality actually encourages me to take a stand against joint compromise. Until emotions on both side are taken down a few notches then this conflict will remain the biggest impediment to a strong and unified pilot group.

Blue skies....

So, you cannot evaluate a position, because, you say, you are afraid? You are put off by tactics?

You have in your mind some victorian vision of how a negotiation is done and you ignore everything unless your rules are followed? Are you seven years old, yet?

See, that's what's so funny (and also at the root of the controversy). If more people would look at how they were actually affected instead of looking at how they weren't affected the way they hoped they'd be, they'd see that they weren't greatly affected at all. The ones doing the complaining are much better off than half the pilots in a previous merger......

The roots of your disdain, The Piedmont merger. It is all about getting even. Character flaw.

Your witness Jim.