heavy baggage calls

Bob,

You are right.

A very high number of lurkers on this board.

Three 'guests' for every anonymous poster with a screen name.

I only know of one person outed on the board. The offender was banned (although it did come back under another name, I think it has been banned again).

Who are all these cowardly lurkers?

There was a time when upper management joined the discussion on this board.

They had an interest is letting the participants know why they did what they did.

That time has passed. Now there are numerous unidentified, even by a screen name, lurkers reading posts but never responding.

There was a time when upper management joined the discussion on this board.

They had an interest is letting the participants know why they did what they did.

That time has passed. Now there are numerous unidentified, even by a screen name, lurkers reading posts but never responding.
I just hope that Bob's statement was aimed at the old management. Because there are many AWA folks here that are identified by a screen name.

The new management, IMO, is very open. There are many lines of communication available to employees. I hope those "official" lines are used more than anyone assuming that management is lurking. And I cannot confirm that it is or isn't happening. :unsure:

I just hope that Bob's statement was aimed at the old management. Because there are many AWA folks here that are identified by a screen name.

The new management, IMO, is very open. There are many lines of communication available to employees. I hope those "official" lines are used more than anyone assuming that management is lurking. And I cannot confirm that it is or isn't happening. :unsure:

Concur...but whether company mgt just lurks or responds here does not matter to me. What matters is the what happens "across the red line" (in the company).

Concur...but whether company mgt just lurks or responds here does not matter to me. What matters is the what happens "across the red line" (in the company).
I hope you have seen some positive changes "across the red line."

One would think management would expose the contract carriers to the same marketplace realties that employees are exposed to. In that marketplace, salaries can be adjusted downward to achieve profitability.

In addition to paying express per departure, mainline absorbs practically all of express's costs. Ground equipment (including maintenance and fuel), jetways, bag deliveries, and the like are all absorbed by mainline. Most of the ground employees are NOT paid by Mesa or Chautauqua, but mainline.