I believe an agreement has been reached by CWA & U.

CWA.NET has a link to a bullet pt. summary but when you click it, the acrobat reader claims an error with a font or something so nuthin' displays..guess they blew the upload of the document..all other acrobats I view work fine..why of all times is this one a junk link?.....Geez Louise!

Summary of the proposed changes to CWA’s US Airways Passenger Service Agreement in response to the company’s restructuring and bankruptcy reorganization.

Following is a summary of the changes negotiated by CWA’s passenger service bargaining committee and US Airways management in response to US Airways’ restructuring and bankruptcy reorganization. These changes, if accepted by a majority of agents, will amend our contract and the term of the contract will be extended until Jan. 1, 2009 (the term of the agreement). Except for these changes, the rest of your contract will remain the same. More detail on all these items will be included within the full bargaining report.

Salary Scales and Wage Premiums

•Salary scales will be reduced to $20.05 per hour at top of scale (8.03 percent), with the exception of members making less than $30,000. There will be raises starting in January 1, 2005.

•The 25-cent customer contact premium remains in effect and will be increased to 30-cents on 1/1/09.

•Shift, CSS and CSD premiums will be reduced 50 percent and will snap back to current rates on 1/1/09.

•The mandatory overtime duty free hour will be eliminated and electronic notification will be allowed. This will snap back on 1/1/09.

•If management and CWA have not reached a new tentative agreement on or before July 1, 2009, all base wage rates will be increased by 3 percent.

Medical

•Single Preferred Provider Organization to be offered with three options, with the option II premium reduced to 11 percent for passenger service.

•Part-time single/family will be 2 times the Full-time premiums.

•Post (Oct. 92) retirees will now be eligible to participate in post-65 health care plan on a retiree-pay-all basis.

Vacation, Leave, Holidays

•Vacation/Holiday Option II days will be paid at 75 percent of full pay. This will snap back to 100 percent on 1/1/09.

•Employees will accrue five sick days instead of the current 12. This will snap back to 12 on 1/1/09.

•Two holidays will be eliminated as designated paid holidays. They will snap back to 10 Holidays on 1/1/09.

Jobs and Job Security

•Internet Tech assistance calls will become CWA covered work within two years.

•Qualified furloughed employees will be offered employment by the wholly owned carriers.

•Mid-Atlantic Airways (MDA) will offer qualified mainline furloughed agents available jobs at MDA locations. MDA recognizes CWA as the exclusive bargaining representative to MDA passenger agents; negotiations for separate contract to begin immediately.

•Express classification to cover gate work at three hub cities: PIT, PHL, CLT, plus DCA, LGA and BOS will be added to existing contract.

•If mainline city goes Express, passenger service employees performing that work may continue to do so at the new Express classification rate, or choose to exercise their current mainline displacement options.

•Management will not hire employees of wholly owned carriers to perform passenger service struck work.

Retirement Security

•No reduction or changes to your current Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.

•No reduction or changes to be made to your current 401K match plan.

•New options will be available for your 401K match plan.

•The Company and the Union commit to search for a Defined Benefit Pension Plan to replace the Defined Contribution plan. Once those options are clear the members will indicate their preference in a separate vote.

Stock

•The Company will distribute 2.0 percent of its new common stock (post bankruptcy) to Passenger Service employees.

While I am certainly dissapointed in the fact that the previous sacrafices made by the CSA group was not recongnized, I am appreciative of what the CWA attempted to do. In the end, the company was going to have their pound of flesh one way or another. There was simply no avoiding this.

My answer will be yes, however, I am now going out to earn a new set of job skills which will enable me to get out of this crazy rackett that I love. After 17 years and all the ups and downs that I (and many, many, others) have endured, I believe the writing is on the wall. The Airline business ain't what it used to be...

I'm not a Kiosk....

Great..Now I can't afford to get sick or go in vacation. Hey, 75% pay isn't to bad. I also lose 2 weeks vacation due to holiday option going down to 8 days. As we all know, DAT days are impossible to get. I'm also looking forward to increased family medical beginning at $160 per month up to $330 per month. What a deal. I won't be able to retire because I can't afford to.
Maybe I should just pay USAirways for the opportunity of working in the Airline Industry.
15.gif']  I'll vote no...

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/6/2002 5:31:50 PM OldGuyinPA wrote:
[P]I'm not a Kiosk....[BR][BR]Great..Now I can't afford to get sick or go in vacation.  Hey, 75% pay isn't to bad.  I also lose 2 weeks vacation due to holiday option going down to 8 days.  As we all know, DAT days are impossible to get.  I'm also looking forward to increased family medical beginning at $160 per month up to $330 per month.  What a deal.  I won't be able to retire because I can't afford to.  [BR]Maybe I should just pay USAirways for the opportunity of working in the Airline Industry.[BR] [IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif]  I'll vote no...[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]Without seeing all the precise details, I am assuming we can still bid the 2 lost holidays as part of a full week, and have it unpaid or comp from working OT?..if not I vote NO!..I assume sick and cat bank that was deposited to sick accrual to date is protected and that you can carryover days if you dont use 5 days off in a year...if not I vote NO...[/P]
[P]Who and at what rate of pay will be working the internet tech desk?Will they accomplish this by major res furloguhs(closing an office or 2) and then hiring newbies or furloughees at a much reduced pay below US agts??[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]It also looks like CWA did a little CYA by having a new airline on board negotiating with the MDA employees..more agts ?more dues!! Killed 2 birds with one stone......,,this will help restore all the lost money not going into the coffers from the furloughees from this past year, and help make up for the new ones about ready to join the ranks of the unemployed.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]wheres all the profit sharing talk?/Was that dropped ?/Did the other unions sign onto PS??[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]Sorry guys ,75 percent of me leaning toward NO, reserving the personal right to change my opinion and the union democratic right to vote my choice,....... but still awaiting final details.[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

Lou,

I have to agree with you. My vote will be yes as well. If we were able to get anything better the CWA would have gotten it for us. The main thing is we will still be able to live our current lifestyle bi-weekly to bi-weekly without any major sacrifices. I certainly hope the rest of our brothers and sisters will come to the same realization.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 5:31:50 PM OldGuyinPA wrote:

I'm not a Kiosk....

Great..Now I can't afford to get sick or go in vacation. Hey, 75% pay isn't to bad. I also lose 2 weeks vacation due to holiday option going down to 8 days. As we all know, DAT days are impossible to get. I'm also looking forward to increased family medical beginning at $160 per month up to $330 per month. What a deal. I won't be able to retire because I can't afford to.
Maybe I should just pay USAirways for the opportunity of working in the Airline Industry.
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif'] I'll vote no...
----------------
[/blockquote]
What purpose will voting no serve? By doing so essentially turns our fate over to the BK Judge. Do you really think that he will provide us with a more favorable set of terms? I DON'T THINK SO!![img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif']
His sole purpose is to help the company, not us!!!

Interesting proposed changes to the contract. Even more interesting that neither the company nor the CWA is willing to talk about the dollar value in savings to the company (per several newspaper reports), other than to say it is in line with the company's goals for cost-savings. Admittedly I'm not an accountant; the most common entry in my checkbook is ESP (error someplace), but in straight dollars, I'd be surprised if the CWA didn't do very well for us.

Another difference between the CWA contract and the other unions' offerings is that it appears our negotiators worked hard to keep the day-to-day impact to a minimum. The topoff agreed to is a far cry from the $17 originally demanded, and it'll be easier to make up some lost wages in overtime with the base-salary remaining higher. Also, I may have misunderstood, but it looks like we're trading vacation days (holidays?) for the retroactive payback. If we still have tuition reimbursement benefits, the first thing I'm going to beg my husband to do is take evening shifts and retrain (on U's $$$'s) for a new career.

That said... am I happy with the contract? Nope. Not a bit. There are lots of things in it to hate, some things more than others depending upon one's individual situation. The best that can be said is that it's liveable until something better comes along.

On the other hand, there's lots of things in it for U to hate, too, and I suspect they don't like it anymore than we do. To my mind, that makes it at least fair -- and believe that the CWA will get a yes vote from my husband.

It's posted above if you don't want to go thru the trouble.
Under Get over it already

chip
nice to hear from you again under better circumstances.

votes will be tallied on 9/17/02 electronically.

packets will be mailed out on monday 9/9/02.

if all goes well then if the iam can work out their differences we can all start to heal the airline and our selves.

jim d
local 13302 pit

Chip...

Congrats for what.
The thought of working here for nearly 27 years....for this???
Going backwards due to backwards management. Go ahead and pay these clowns their $6,000,000.00. They must be worth it. Right.

I wonder if I can find new employment, and a new employer who actually values me.

I'll still VOTE no.
7.gif']

Mine will be a yes vote...thought it looked rather well compared to what I was expecting...question though if US pulls out of BK ..can things be renegotiated or are we stuck to CWA agreement for 7 yrs or until new union contract vote ?

Latest posts