I changed my mind on seniority

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I was all for taking the high road and giving DL there seniority but as I have given it some thought I have changed my mind.

Just think after all the years DL has had made good money off the contracts that you and I have negotiated and paid UNION DUES TO PROTECT and to keep that union in place and strong. Now all of the sudden they want our protection without ever paying a cent for it.

Witch I think is a lot more generous than making them interview for their job. Witch by the way is what they did to Pan Am

So I suggest to all of you send your Union a message you want your seniority protected.

YOU HAVE PAID FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Is that concessionary contract included in that statement about,

"paid UNION DUES TO PROTECT and to keep that union in place and strong"

Get real.

Get real.
[/quote]

I am speaking the truth it's the truth that turned me around why should I sacrifice what I have paid for and fought for. The concessionary part is just a product of 9/11 and you know it. DL wages were where they were because of the contract that unions negotiated.

doh for our delta friends . no stapleing. stapleling is b/s . it's the right thing to do .

Just think after all the years DL has had made good money off the contracts that you and I have negotiated and paid UNION DUES TO PROTECT and to keep that union in place and strong.

sky high states: why are YOU tying your seniority to union dues....it's from YEARS OF SERVICE. One might say, they were some of the highest paid F/A's in the industry because they chose NOT to be in a union. And, their company compensated them for it.

DATE OF HIRE. It's only fair.

only stating opinions

Ok then if that is how you feel then all the former IBT members who were on the ramp at US before the merger with PI at BOS, BUF, PHL and PIT should have super seniority and all the PI and US employees who were non-union should be stapled if that is how you feel.

DL's employees who voted for a union should be punished because they were in the miniority?

You people have no clue nor idea what trade unionism is all about, it is about everyone, not screwing your coworkers.

Ok then if that is how you feel then all the former IBT members who were on the ramp at US before the merger with PI at BOS, BUF, PHL and PIT should have super seniority and all the PI and US employees who were non-union should be stapled if that is how you feel.

DL's employees who voted for a union should be punished because they were in the miniority?

You people have no clue nor idea what trade unionism is all about, it is about everyone, not screwing your coworkers.
you are totally correct 700. we should not screw the delta people. as far as f/a's go the majority who voted no to the union were based in atl. the rest wanted afa in. doh.

Why is that anytime a company compensates and provides benefits to NON union employees, someone else who is a life long union supporter will step in and take credit for those work conditions on behalf of all unions in the history of organized labor???

Isn't it POSSIBLE that in today's marketplace there are employers who realize the need to retain and treat workers fairly is just as strong as the need to retain customers and keep them coming back? An employer who recognizes those two core concepts will do better in the long run.

In a prior job I was in a job represented by a local AFSCME union. Yeah, we got the bennies and guaranteed 3% increases each year of the contract that I was working under. I got my sick and vacay pay. Sure, that was nice. But then I've worked at several other companies in non-unionized positions since and see that not only is the grass greener, but they genuinely recognize the need to retain and nuture the workforce. I know that's hard for some 10, 20 and 30 year unionized veterans that have been stuck at the same company and endured so much.

But for Doc to try and somehow jump to the conclusion that DL nonunionized employees are that way because of other unions fighting for them is ludicrous.

Just think after all the years DL has had made good money off the contracts that you and I have negotiated and paid UNION DUES TO PROTECT and to keep that union in place and strong. Now all of the sudden they want our protection without ever paying a cent for it.

To my point (and yours), Doc. DL has not made any money off your contracts. They've made it off a management that has been slightly more empathetic than yours and realized the value in creating value to their employee base.

This thing is far from over, and we are already in the seniority subject?
According to some sources at AFA66, there will need to be another election as to whether we KEEP AFA at all!
That being said, either way, do we need to even get into this now?
I doubt it will even happen...

This thing is far from over, and we are already in the seniority subject?
According to some sources at AFA66, there will need to be another election as to whether we KEEP AFA at all!
That being said, either way, do we need to even get into this now?
I doubt it will even happen...

I bet they get a lot of NO AFA votes from the west side.

But for Doc to try and somehow jump to the conclusion that DL nonunionized employees are that way because of other unions fighting for them is ludicrous.

To my point (and yours), Doc. DL has not made any money off your contracts. They've made it off a management that has been slightly more empathetic than yours and realized the value in creating value to their employee base.

I'd disagree.

Looking back through union negotiations, and Deltas pay and benefits increases, I tend to doubt its just coincidence they fall almost lock step with union increases at other legacy carriers.

always just enough incentive it seems to keep the majority from looking to a union.

Thus far it seems to have worked, good for them.

Additionally, How many of those supporting DOH would continue to do so if they themselves ended up be layed off as a result of the merger?

I completely understand not wanting to staple, however, no US employee should be layed off as a result of granting DOH to a Delta employee.

JMHO

TSH