I Make US fly!

Have you contacted anyone at corporate to let them know from a passengers perspective the problems that you are being faced with?
Do a search on these boards.....tempe doesn't care!! We've all contacted people at corporate. In many cases they don't respond, and if they do, it's a canned moronic statement. If they cared and showed it, and didn't try to alienate their best customers, we wouldn't be starting to spend money on the competitors.

Such as threatening to taint a FF’s food:
Yeah that was a priceless quote. I'll bet her apron pouch isn't weighed down with A&B cards!!

Oh and by the way.....when was the last time anyone was handed food from a FA? Guess we'd all better check to make sure the pretzel bags and the packaging on the goods in the snack basket are all sealed tight.

Rule #1 you don't put a web page out unless it has been throughly tested, but we all know what Tempe did not do!

I'm not going to say that they did or didn't, but to assume they did not test the website without facts is not your style. Anyone that has ever been involved in software/hardware QC from a new product perspective knows that you can have your best people on the project and it can still have problems. One doesn't have to look very far to discover this truth.

I'm not going to say that they did or didn't, but to assume they did not test the website without facts is not your style. Anyone that has ever been involved in software/hardware QC from a new product perspective knows that you can have your best people on the project and it can still have problems. One doesn't have to look very far to discover this truth.
When US Airways/East redid their web page a few years back the major Chairman's Perferred were consulted and tested the web page before it was released to the general public.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the new combined page was not tested.

When it shows US not flying to and from CLT to anywhere and the same for PHL, it is quite clear it was never tested.

Stop making excuses for inept management.

I think what needs to happen, and the purpose of this video is simple.

The East needs to realize they are not the "legacy" carrier they once were, because they were on the brink of closing its doors. The name of this merged airline may be US Airways, but theres nothing "US Airways" about it.

The West needs to realize that whether they like it or not, they're merging. The name America West is going away and contracts and work rules will be changing. You need to let the name America West go, and start supporting your "new" company.

The East seems to think they are "owed" all thats come to them.. or that they are "owed" what they want. I would consider yourselves lucky to have a job right now. If it wasnt for the leadership (which some said on this thread he didnt have) of DP where would you all be right now? Don't tell me flying.

The West seems to think that everything is going the "East" way, which isnt true. Wait until they impose the Monitor and Challenge procudures to the East, and the C/S ethics and procedures.. theres a lot of things going "our" way but all they are stuck up about is losing "2 weeks vacation." DP has already said, give up the 2 weeks, get a raise.. why wouldnt you give it up? If your a line holder, sell your trips and drop to 40.. theres your 2 weeks.

Everyone needs to realize there are differences and there are people on both sides which dislike the merger and are skeptics.. but you ALL need to realize you no longer work for the company you were hired for. Its a new one. New leadership, new procedures, new everything. Be flexible, just like they asked you to be in your initial interview.. and see what happens.

Your all in this together, why fight and make it harder then it already is.

Lucky to have a job?

You got to be kidding?

If it was not for the employees of US Airways it would have been long gone and the robberbarons would have never lined their wallets, just like Doogie and the gang are doing now.

The BILLIONS and BILLIONS in concessions from both bankruptcy cases kept US in business, US East with the help of John Luth of Seabury and Associates raised the cash for the merger, not HP.

You really need to educate yourself, loss of thousands of jobs, billions of dollars and pensions is what happened here, get a clue.

Lucky to have a job?

You got to be kidding?

If it was not for the employees of US Airways it would have been long gone and the robberbarons would have never lined their wallets, just like Doogie and the gang are doing now.

The BILLIONS and BILLIONS in concessions from both bankruptcy cases kept US in business, US East with the help of John Luth of Seabury and Associates raised the cash for the merger, not HP.

You really need to educate yourself, loss of thousands of jobs, billions of dollars and pensions is what happened here, get a clue.

Why is it that "John Luth of Seabury and Associates" (Who ever the ___ that is?) was not named as the "Acquiring" company rather than America West since they and US "East" raised the cash?
Quote from Press release below:
"Although the merger was structured so that America West became a wholly owned subsidiary of the new US Airways Group, America West was treated as the acquiring company for accounting purposes under Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 141 "Business Combinations."
You all HAD to give concessions otherwise we ALL know where you'd be if you hadn't. C'mon...the "Good Ole Days" of the airline career are OVER!!!! At least for the time being. Until customers are willing to pay a fair price for a ticket. (and that would be MUCH higher than what they are used to...to cover everything from Lease payments, insurance, FUEL, and to give ALL employees a nice big raise.)
GET A CLUE! :)

Lucky to have a job?

You got to be kidding?

Ditto!

I'm not going to say that they did or didn't, but to assume they did not test the website without facts is not your style.
They didn't and we both know it. There was NO beta testing. And I don't think you want the post on here as to why, so let's just agree they didn't........

Thanks Barry,

Appreciate your opinion and honesty.

Have you contacted anyone at corporate to let them know from a passengers perspective the problems that you are being faced with?

I would be happy to direct you to the right person to contact if need be.

In regards to the "I make US fly" campaign, some may feel that this is a wasted investment. Others feel it is a necessary tool to educate the employees as to what our New Corporate branding is.

You would be amazed at how many employees still think they are a legacy carrier when we are actually the largest Low cost carrier.

Many employees feel its business as usual..and we all know where business as usual got the old US.

This employee campaign is to help alleviate the East vs West mentality..hopefully it will educate and bring the employees together and feel equal to each other. Without it, there is too much negativity and pitting against one another as employee work groups.

From an employee standpoint, we are working to get fair contracts for all employees. Yes, I agree that we deserve some financial compensation. I am sure it will take time, but eventually we will prevail. There are different payscales for employees with the same senority from East and West, I am in that predicament where my counterparts are making $8 more per hour for the same years of service that I am working.

But I continue to do my job and provide a great product to our passengers with what tools I am provided with. We all know it is not the best, but there is always room for improvement.

I help make US fly from an employees perspective, I come to work, I ensure to provide our passengers with a pleasant flight, I am helpful and friendly. If each employee can continue to do their job and provide a friendly environment, we are headed in the right direction.

In regards to IT problems, FF issues, I am sure those who are in those departments are trying to correct and fix those issues. In order to get things fixed, we also need to know what is or is not working, please contact customer relations and let them know.

Thanks for the opinions of all...we are all entitled to voice ones opinion.

I Make US Fly!
Ohh...so this means that it is your first month with the company...I thought so!

:lol:
I think they were talking about Rome, New York, silly...they really don't think they will be flying international flights do they?
:lol: Exactly! Either those "junior" Westies were trying to Push someone's button or THEY have no idea how many years to hold the GOOD Int'l trips (Rome/Milan/Fra/Muc/Paris/Venice).......the "Grannies are not going ANYWHERE, well maybe to get their cane/walker to beat your A** INTO SUBMISSION!" A 10year F/A on Rome would probably require another Meltdown in Phl and wake the dead in the catacombs.....even Vegas wouldn't make the odds on THIS happening!

Why is it that "John Luth of Seabury and Associates" (Who ever the ___ that is?) was not named as the "Acquiring" company rather than America West since they and US "East" raised the cash?
Quote from Press release below:
"Although the merger was structured so that America West became a wholly owned subsidiary of the new US Airways Group, America West was treated as the acquiring company for accounting purposes under Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 141 "Business Combinations."
You all HAD to give concessions otherwise we ALL know where you'd be if you hadn't. C'mon...the "Good Ole Days" of the airline career are OVER!!!! At least for the time being. Until customers are willing to pay a fair price for a ticket. (and that would be MUCH higher than what they are used to...to cover everything from Lease payments, insurance, FUEL, and to give ALL employees a nice big raise.)
GET A CLUE! :)
Go watch Dougs july 20th meeting with the Pilots...He clears this one up for the West Pilots!

Well, maybe you should teach something to your West co-workers because I am totally unimpressed with what this merger has brought the customers, biz travelers in particular. Your website sucks. Your customer response sucks. Your first class product sucks. Your coach seat pitch sucks. Your pricing structure sucks. Your FF program sucks. The arrogance of the Sandcastle sucks.
US1YFARE,
Why not tell us how you really feel but this time try not to hold back.

US1YFARE,
Why not tell us how you really feel but this time try not to hold back.

The question really is that if he feels this way, why is he even wasting his time here. He should be doing something useful so he can fly the corporate fleet or the approved corporate airlines some more.

(Ffocus folks, that isn't directed at the majority of you who seem to be trying to work through issues. He is way beyond that, IMO.)

The question really is that if he feels this way, why is he even wasting his time here. He should be doing something useful so he can fly the corporate fleet or the approved corporate airlines some more.

(Ffocus folks, that isn't directed at the majority of you who seem to be trying to work through issues. He is way beyond that, IMO.)

Actually, he's not wasting his time here. Without going into details, lets just say that he probably saved this company quite a chunk of change in a roundabout way and YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE that he did it. :shock: Without him sticking around and asking, the problem would have gone unnoticed for how long by those who seem to know how to run everything? :down: Even they were shocked when it was brought to their attention.

He may be a pain in the a$$ in his postings at times, but I am grateful he (and the rest of the Ffocus guys) have decided to stick it out. They probably do more to keep the company on its toes and get the problems corrected than many of the employees here do.

Back