I need your help with Doug MTC

Not to be negative but "home Grown" survey don't work!

WHY?

Because of fear. Fear that if you speak your mind you'll be punished in some way. Despite company assurances that feeling lingers and honest open feedback is near impossible.

The company needs to hire professionals to administer these things.
I agree. They survey is not anonymous as you need to enter Id number to access the questions. The questions are too general and not nearly enough to result in any clear actions that would improve cultural intergration, operations or morale. Whatever the results and even if adding comments dont look for any changes. They will do what they want to do anyway and as always the bottom line will be revenue.

Here is a clue, the East side most certainly cares about what is going on with the company! Where I work most have completed the survey as well, is it going to change anything who knows but hey it's a start. As far as the comment about coming to work and working hard and going home the company expects you to come to work and work hard thats what THE COMPANY pays you to do. As far as myself I have no idea about playing the game of luck us?

Not to be negative but "home Grown" survey don't work!

WHY?

Because of fear. Fear that if you speak your mind you'll be punished in some way. Despite company assurances that feeling lingers and honest open feedback is near impossible.

The company needs to hire professionals to administer these things.

Each year after recurrent training a comment form is handed out. I’ve been brutally honest and nothing bad ever happened to me.

Even at the end of new hire training I was candid with my criticisms of the program. They could have booted me out since I was on probation and all, but it never happened.

But then, some of the same things go on year after year.

Just so the non-employees will know what we're talking about, the survey:

What organization are you part of? [These 1st 4 have drop down menus of choices for answers - this one means what department you work in - "flight ops" for me]

What position do you hold? ["Pilot" for me]

What city do you work in? (three letter code) ["CLT" for me]

How many years have you worked for US? ["More than 20" for me]

Share Your Thoughts

1. I understand the direction of US Airways as communicated by Doug and members of Sr. Management. [The rest have 5 choices for answers, ranging from "Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree"]

2. I receive timely information about US Airways from internal communication sources (e.g. AboutUs, theHub, Compass, etc.).

3. I receive local information about my station/department on a regular basis (e.g. formal or informal briefings/meetings, other forms of communications, etc.).

4. I have enough freedom in my position to do what is right for the customer (either internal or external).

5. I have the resources to do my job.

6. I work with a leader who is visible and available.

7. I work in a department that values open and honest communication.

8. I work in a department where employees are focused on fixing problems rather than finding someone to blame.

9. I am encouraged to share my concerns, opinions and ideas with my leader.

10. I am encouraged to find lower cost and more efficient ways to do my job.

11. I know what is expected of me.

12. I feel valued.

13. I feel my job contributes to the success of our company.

14. I feel that “we are all in this together."

15. I am proud to work for US Airways.

Jim

I completed the survey toaday and frankly there is much to be desired in its format. The survey doesn't allow the employee to address what he feels is wrong with his department or the company in general.

A properly defined and designed survey will get the ideas and expressions of the employees out. This company has always turned a deaf ear to the line employees and as such we just keep going along in our own little worlds oblivious to the hows and whys of the way this company works.

This cmpany manages by memo. They tell everyone that every thing is important and when the do this they are telling everyone that nothing is important. I the cost of fuel a problem? Did you know that the Airbus burns 760lbs per hour at idle. There are 7.6bls/per gallon, so thats 100gallons an hour at idle; or 100/60min = 1.66gal a minute. At $2.10 a gallon (approximate guess) that is $3.50 a minute. A five minute wait for the jetway power is $17.50 per arrival.

This is not a rant just an example of the type of information that I have never seen from anyone in management. How much does it cost for a mishandled bag?
Whatis the average cost of a miss-connected passenger?

When they tell us that everything is important then nothing is important. With manpower down system wide and weather and maintenance delays there are some times when you have to make a choice between two bad outcomes. We are never provided enough information to understand how those choices affect the entire operation.

My $.02

This cmpany manages by memo. They tell everyone that every thing is important and when the do this they are telling everyone that nothing is important. I the cost of fuel a problem? Did you know that the Airbus burns 760lbs per hour at idle. There are 7.6bls/per gallon, so thats 100gallons an hour at idle; or 100/60min = 1.66gal a minute. At $2.10 a gallon (approximate guess) that is $3.50 a minute. A five minute wait for the jetway power is $17.50 per arrival.

be happy they don't utilize afterburning aircraft. :lol:

I completed the survey toaday and frankly there is much to be desired in its format. The survey doesn't allow the employee to address what he feels is wrong with his department or the company in general.

Groucho...there will probably be a much more detailed survey coming. We've been given paper surveys in the past that go into quite a bit of detail. This one on the internet probably just want's to get a feel for our general outlook on things. Again, you can probably expect a much more detailed one in the near future.

EXACTLY!!

Oh baby...........that's HOT!! ;)

Brings back memories :up: