Where is the IAM? more reasons to get them out!

320tech

Senior
Oct 10, 2005
PHX line Mx
Visit site
:angry: If we needed any more reason to get rid of the IAM on the mx side, they are showing their true self this past week in PHX we've had so far 7 grave yard techs suspended for finding legit stuff on ron a/c ranging from cracks in 737 wheel wells to delam on a320/319 eng. inlets. the faa said they wont do anything til they are fired then they will move in. the company and HR are using scare tactics to keep techs from doing their jobs. we were told last week that we were not alone that our bothers on the east coast would be supporting us and nothing happened!!!!! I guess they are fat dumb and happy with the IAM and their contract. we on the west have been the longest with a expired contract going on 6 years and the IAM doesn't care one bit they just want our dues. not one guy from the local has been out to fight for one of these guys at all I guess thanksgiving at home with the family was more important. Its time for the IAM to step up to the plate!!!

When someone is suspended you have to follow the Grievance Procedure in the CBA, your Elected Grievance Committee is in charge of handiling the case until it reaches third step, this is the way it is on the East, not sure about your procedure in the west.

If you find something wrong, call the FAA Hotline to protect yourself.

Contracts under the RLA do not EXPIRE, they become amendable.

The Local Lodge does not handle the CBA, that is your stewards, grievance committee and the District.

Maybe you need to read your CBA so you would understand that process.

And how do you know that the Stewards or the Reps have done about it?

And your CBA not being done, the IAM has been your bargaining agent for under two years, what happened with your beloved IBT not being able to get you a new CBA for the four years prior?
Grievance Handiling involving the grievant, the union and the company is confidential.

All you can do is document what you do, work withint the CBA, FARs, Maintenance Manual and the company rules.

What have you done about it?

When someone is suspended you have to follow the Grievance Procedure in the CBA, your Elected Grievance Committee is in charge of handiling the case until it reaches third step, this is the way it is on the East, not sure about your procedure in the west.

If you find something wrong, call the FAA Hotline to protect yourself.
They have been called they had to go to D.C. to get a response the local faa didn't want to get involved!

Contracts under the RLA do not EXPIRE, they become amendable.
So why are we not negotiating to finish our contract the company has made it clear they have no intentions of doing anyting!

The Local Lodge does not handle the CBA, that is your stewards, grievance committee and the District.
our committe is involved and they are upset that Frank can't even come out at a time like this! Andy Marshall would be in their fase at the start and put a stop to the company games!

Maybe you need to read your CBA so you would understand that process.

And how do you know that the Stewards or the Reps have done about it? our guys on sight are doing all they can do. you know I can't even remember the last time I saw a upper union guys face on property we saw the teamster guys all the time!

And your CBA not being done, the IAM has been your bargaining agent for under two years, what happened with your beloved IBT not being able to get you a new CBA for the four years prior?
Grievance Handiling involving the grievant, the union and the company is confidential.

All you can do is document what you do, work withint the CBA, FARs, Maintenance Manual and the company rules.

What have you done about it?

and 700 tell me why the East coast people did nothing last week we were told this was system wide thing to us it shows a lack of BA**S!!! I'm sure you can fill in the blanks!!! you guys on the east left us hanging way to go!!!!

There are only three GCs of US property for M&R and they cover about forty stations worth of grievances and enforcing the CBA. I do believe some of the other 142 GCs do cover some stations, but they are not US employees at all.

Four guys cant be at all locations at all times.

If you are unhappy with Frank (won't give you my opinion on him), call his boss Tom Higinbotham at DL Lodge HDQ in MCI, you can also contact Tom Brickner (won't give you my opinion on him), or contact Sito Pantoja who is Roach's AA, Sito is a great union man.

Contact them and voice your opinion and Sito an/or Tom H will light a fire under Frank.

And what do you expect the East to do about it? If they work by the book and write up a bunch of things they will be suspended just like you out in the West.

Contact the media and put the heat on Hal, remember your West Management is charge of MTC now, not the East.

And Andy Marshall was based in PHX and only covered PHX correct?

And if Andy did such a great job why did the IBT fail to get you a new CBA for for years?

Your mtc operation is way smaller than the east and the IAM picked up the west and no one was added to cover the additional manpower needs.

And I won't speak for the east, but those are mostly the same employees who voted in the Piece of Crap final offer during BK II.

And the IAM and the company cannot reach a new T/A as Hemenway wants to outsource everything, do you think the company would actually waste thier time and money on Section 6 for the West when they still have to negotiate a single CBA?

Wow, the company won't let you guys fix some serious issues with planes? FAA won't do anything?

You need to take pictures and video, and start posting on the internet in full detail of what's going on. Send that stuff to CNN, do whatever it takes to get your story out. Put it on YOUTUBE. You remain anonymous and we get vengence on the company for the garbage they've put us through!

For all of US at HP, we need to be creative as to how we are going to protect ourselves and make things happen. Nobody is going to help us but US.

Better make sure if pics and/or video are taken it is sent to the media anyomously as the company will come after you, there are rules about cameras at work.

You might also want to consider contacting the HR department of us airways , 7 of you suspended , that sounds like a high number to me .Keep doing your jobs and keeping us safe ! Thanks for all your hard work in the face of what sounds like a management team that wants to take safety from number one at us airways and put it below revenue .

There ya go!

If Osama Bin Laden can keep posting videos on the internet and propaganda, and not get caught, I'm sure you guys will have no problem. For god's sake - he's the most wanted man alive, you are just a small fish! :)

I'm sure other airlines would love to see these pics and vids too!

The IAM all ready represents AMTs at Piedmont and have for years, the CWA is organizing Piedmont, not the IAM.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

You might also want to consider contacting the HR department of us airways , 7 of you suspended , that sounds like a high number to me .Keep doing your jobs and keeping us safe ! Thanks for all your hard work in the face of what sounds like a management team that wants to take safety from number one at us airways and put it below revenue .

HR is involved in the Head Hunting " Sue Shepplie" don't know if I spelt her name correct but HR is not on the employee side. she can not be trusted!

The IAM represents no one at Piedmont, they did represent the mechanics, they went IBT after the merger.

The ramp and csa at Piedmont are NON-UNION, currently the CWA is trying to organize them.

Don't let the facts get in the way!

You were told wrong!