How I see it..

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
Everyone here talks about "East" and "West" employees. I was told I wasn't here long enough to feel the pain everyone has gone through on both sides. Well, if that's so, there's a group of us considered "Post-Merger Employees" which.. we may be on the East or the West coast, but we weren't with the original AWA or USAir so a lot of us only have the current picture in mind.

I've got the feeling people despise the fact that there are employees out there that got hired post-merger and didn't have to put up with a lot of the pain and suffering you went through the past few years.

While I know it's true that this industry almost collapsed, and know the government had to step in and save all the airline's butts.. I do know a lot of us "new" employees have had troubles of our own outside of the industry.

That may meean bogscow to you guys, but I'm just trying to say.. we all have rough times, we have to pull together and get through it. And as I've stated before, I am not exactly pleased with everything I see the powers that be do and perform.. some of the acts are inexcusable. (Dougie's arrest for instance.)

Be that as it may, most of the "post-hire" employees don't have the entire feel for what happened internally for the past 7+ years of hardship. You can say that we.. sort of have a unique perspective of things here. To be blunt, concentrating on the past will do nothing to solve our problems here.. we are what make up the future.. and hopefully everyone, "West", "East" and "Post-Hires" can all get along.. no, this place is far from perfect, but it is not "East side" or "West side" anymore.. (forget the fact we're under different labor operating groups/guidelines) but.. anyhow.

Anti-Koolaid
Anti-Bashing
Anti-Blame

Take responsibility for your own actions, and if you have a problem, talk to your HR department.