IAM Open House

When you merge two differant airlines with two differant contracts with differences you always negotiate a transition agreement to work out the difference in pay, vacation, sick time, etc.

The work is the IAM's, been proven.

And to awa, when you own US Aviation you can make the rules on who posts and doesnt post.

Too bad if you dont like the truth about Bankruptcy and Employees, maybe one day it your brain will understand what transpired.

And you dont work for all, you work at one carrier, did not see you raise a peep or offer any support when US filed Chapter 11 twice since 2002 or when UAL filed.

Which side of your mouth are talking out of now?

And if you want to talk about spelling:

I hope you can fix a plane better then you spell.
GOOD JOB 7. I SEE YOU CAN READ AFTER I BAITED YOU LOOKING FOR ONLY ONE MISS.(WELL 7 THAT TOOK THE WIND OUT OF MY SAILES I WAS GOING TO SHOW YOU THE OTHER 2)LOL
BUT NOW THAT WE KNOW YOU CAN SPELL AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH! WHY DO YOU HAVE NO COMMON SENCE????????????? :lol:

• Banned
You really need some professional help.

You are confusing local and district lodge elections.

When Bill H challenged Frank, that was at the local level and only 1976 lodge members can vote in a local election at 1976.

District Elections are system-wide for all members under DL 142.

Local and District elections are two totally separate functions.

And yes the way the District Elects is archaic.
:shock: :eek:

Why does there need to be a transition agreement thats the IAM's work per the contract and as you like to say the Airbus case has already been tested in court, so what you are saying is the IAM might not have been telling the truth about that work coming in house :shock:
Because we are still working under two certificates and two maintenance programs. Until the IAM negotiates a new agreement that combines both east and west together, you will not see any west airbus in heavy check in the hangars. The east will operate under the IAM cba and the west will operate under the old IBT cba until a new agreement is done for the combined group. Which wont probably get done until march of 07.

Since this thread is about the open house, has anyone got any news how the meeting went in PHX?
Yes The Meeting Was A GOOD Success, They Are saying approximatley 250 Tech's & related Employee's came.
I Went about 4:30 PM stayed until 5:30 PM,Very Professional Rep's, There Will Be another Meeting with our NEW LOCAL LODGE 2559,IT WILL Be @ the BEST WESTERN Hotel,@ I10 & 24 St. @ 4:00 PM.
MWW

I can tell you this, management in pitt is bracing for another airbus check as we speak. In my opinion only,look for some quality work to come out west, Doug will have to throw a few bones out there to keep everything equal. There are lots of vendor problems and that work is being evalulated as we speak here. A/W mechanics quit worrying about U senority also, the amount of mechanics that would move out west will be minimal not one person from pittsburgh is even thinking of such a move, most U mechanics are older and are where they want to be.

I can tell you this, management in pitt is bracing for another airbus check as we speak. In my opinion only,look for some quality work to come out west, Doug will have to throw a few bones out there to keep everything equal. There are lots of vendor problems and that work is being evalulated as we speak here. A/W mechanics quit worrying about U senority also, the amount of mechanics that would move out west will be minimal not one person from pittsburgh is even thinking of such a move, most U mechanics are older and are where they want to be.
Not so true in CLT. Many guys went to go back west.

Yes The Meeting Was A GOOD Success, They Are saying approximatley 250 Tech's & related Employee's came.
I Went about 4:30 PM stayed until 5:30 PM,Very Professional Rep's, There Will Be another Meeting with our NEW LOCAL LODGE 2559,IT WILL Be @ the BEST WESTERN Hotel,@ I10 & 24 St. @ 4:00 PM.
MWW
Glad to hear that, we got to stick together when DP starts the cost nuetral BS!!

Welcome CLT tech's,The Cost of Liveing is Much More Then YOUR used to,We are A Great Bunch of Guy's & Gal's,If you need any Help Let US know We will do everthing Possible to Help. Many Opportunity's It's Nice & Warm Was 102F. Today.
You Get Used to the HEAT It's DRY.
MWW

Brutttally Honest you are right, alot of the PSA personel went to CLT cause the flights were better but there are not enough to cause any type of layoff out west.

They can brace all they want, it will not happen until the transition agreement is complete.

I am confused as to what the union dues will be. We paid the Teamsters 2 1/2 hours a month, I thought the IAM paid 2 hours or a flat rate of $40,I have heard both. But they were telling people at the meeting that we will continue to pay 2 1/2 times. This was a Teamster rule, since we are IAM now why would we have to pay more that what is in the IAM bylaws?

Back