IAM: Slow down on the transition agreement

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Here's a historical equation.

Concessionary negotiatioins = Pilots get first concessionary contract and then demand all other groups take what it did or the concessions become void. This is where Chip Munn was very active a couple years ago.

Non-concessionary negotiations = all non-pilot groups go first, + company makes usual and customary public proclamations of how the pilot group will gain nothing. Pilot negotiations will not be burning.
Then after all other non-pilot groups sign new deals, the Pilot negotiations heat up and the company is free to give the pilots enhancements that other groups failed to negotiate.

Conclusion: The IAm workforce should be wise to the above. If there is any settlement then there should be a me-too clause.
Why should the IAM settle on a transition agreement before the pilot group? Perhaps, nobody gains anything in transitions which is likely. But signing a deal before a favorite child is risky at best.

regards,

Here's a historical equation.

Concessionary negotiatioins = Pilots get first concessionary contract and then demand all other groups take what it did or the concessions become void. This is where Chip Munn was very active a couple years ago.

Non-concessionary negotiations = all non-pilot groups go first, + company makes usual and customary public proclamations of how the pilot group will gain nothing. Pilot negotiations will not be burning.
Then after all other non-pilot groups sign new deals, the Pilot negotiations heat up and the company is free to give the pilots enhancements that other groups failed to negotiate.
Conclusion: The IAm workforce should be wise to the above. If there is any settlement then there should be a me-too clause.
Why should the IAM settle on a transition agreement before the pilot group? Perhaps, nobody gains anything in transitions which is likely. But signing a deal before a favorite child is risky at best.

regards,
Very Interesting perspective & No One Has The Quevo's to Chime in, I guess we do not want to Get the pilot's Spooled up??? MWW

Maybe we pilots will show some spine for a change. The Give-Away-Gang Chicken Littles are no longer running the show.

Very Interesting perspective & No One Has The Quevo's to Chime in, I guess we do not want to Get the pilot's Spooled up??? MWW

No,not really interesting. As someone already pointed out, the pilot's agreement has been done for some time now... <_<