IBEW update

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE (700UW @ Nov 15 2007, 05:21 AM)

I tried to explain the M&R has been under IAM representation since 1949, 50 years when your group ratified, I explained to them it was 50 years of negotiations that we got what we had and no union can walk in and get a group everything they wanted.

And bankrupts laws allow 50 years of negotiations and union contracts to be put to the test. EVERY UNION ON THE USAIRWAYS PROPERTY IS AT SQUIRE ONE NOW. We are all standing in line for pay and benefits improvements your argument went out with the contract the court imposed on IAM. It is very important to have a strong union leadership representing YOUR EMPLOYEE GROUP at the bargaining table

A meeting just concluded in Philadelphia with the legal team of the IBEW, International
Represenitives and Local Leader John Dougherty. It was decided by the legal team and the
Int'l that the card signing campain will cease. John Dougherty argued on behalf of the
workers who already showed the initiative to seek new representation by signing a card to
voice thier opinion, but to no avail. He would like to thank any and all workers who were
involved in the card signing's but the IBEW noted that they felt the support generated was
not where they felt they needed it to be.
Sorry, but that has occured. I want to thank everyone who expressed interest and to
anyone asking for a voice.

Thank You........very much.

Time for timmy to start his 4th union on his own again.

Mark my words.

700 uw You are a weak person! All you can do is talk sh** about other people! At least Tim tried to get a change for the group. All you are good for is attacks. The fact that you don't work for this group just shows how little you care for them! This group is in dire need of change and the weak leadership the IAM has is an anchor on this group. I just hope Tim will continue to ask the hard questions and challenge the status quo!
Many thanks for all of the people that asked the hard questions and put the IAM on the defensive. If we gain one thing out of this is that we have finally come together and we have started a good phone contact list. This will allow us to communicate our issues and be able to come together and shut down the people who would trade on our backs.
I am very sorry that this didn't happen, because I think it would have opened things up for this group. I also understand that it is better to pull out now and not jeopardize the group. I am happy with the people I have met and I hope we can work together for change within the IAM. I think the people I have met and worked with are of the highest quality. Let’s take this time to be thankful for the things we still have and look toward better things in the future! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

WEBI
PJIRISH
PERSERVERANCE
TIM NELSON
COACH ROWSEY
PHLFORCE
CRUSHED
RAMP ROGUE
AND MANY MORE THANKS FOR YOU HARD WORK AND SUPPORT!

LABOR DAWG

Well said Labor Dawg.

There is an election coming on Dec 13. We need to vote for the 3 in CLT that are hanging the "Closed" flyers. If you work there you know who they are. I don't know if I can put their names here but they need our support. We need a huge turnout to show we are through with the status quo.

Well definately this is a sad day. I don't regret any of
my participation in this. There was one major victory,
and that was voting down the TA.

There were a lot of people who worked a lot for nothing
and they desearve credit. I thank you all.
The job ahead as I see it will be to continue to strenthen
this network and continue to get the word out.

Thanks and have a great thanksgiving...BF

Truely a sad day indeed. I hope that given the fact that the fleet service did what they did, may be just maybe the IAM will get off their lazy bones and ACTUALLY REPRESENT the Fleet Service and their needs. Tim, Preservance, and the others I thank you all and everyone involved at least you folks gev it a ride and darn good ride at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts