IBEW UPDATE 11Nov-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy is on the board of United and they have been having meetings with Dougie in ORD! THis tells me he is not concerned about the USAirways guys he is trying to help set up a merger and selling us down the road. Randy forgot where he came from. He is a bag thrower from PHL and he has done nothing for the fleet service employees at USAirways.

So how many stock options u think he might get for putting his stamp of approval on it.............????????????

Randy is on the board of United and they have been having meetings with Dougie in ORD! THis tells me he is not concerned about the USAirways guys he is trying to help set up a merger and selling us down the road. Randy forgot where he came from. He is a bag thrower from PHL and he has done nothing for the fleet service employees at USAirways.

So how many stock options u think he might get for putting his stamp of approval on it.............????????????
I can't speak for why Parker was in ORD last week but I do know Randy and the 141 executive board was in ORD. I presume Canale was just putting the finishing touches on this district slate coming up in February. As for Parker, beats me.

regards,

Union Dues going up again! This is the crap we are talking about! The IAM top brass thinks you still haven't given enough. They plan on the dues going up in a small amount before the end of the year and plan on them increasing substantually next year! This was said at the local 1776 meeting in PHL. This is how much they think of us being beaten down, they just help by adding salt to the womb! Guys the time is now to hit them where it hurts, their pocket books! I suggest that if your local has just recently had changes and hopefully for the better you should get petitions together and show the IAM you have a problem with your dues going up while your salaries have steadly gone down since 1999! Remember they think we are the Golden Goose, all we are good for is loading their pockets!

Union Dues going up again! This is the crap we are talking about! The IAM top brass thinks you still haven't given enough. They plan on the dues going up in a small amount before the end of the year and plan on them increasing substantually next year! This was said at the local 1776 meeting in PHL. This is how much they think of us being beaten down, they just help by adding salt to the womb! Guys the time is now to hit them where it hurts, their pocket books! I suggest that if your local has just recently had changes and hopefully for the better you should get petitions together and show the IAM you have a problem with your dues going up while your salaries have steadly gone down since 1999! Remember they think we are the Golden Goose, all we are good for is loading their pockets!
My bet is they increase the dues so the BOS VP can be moved to AGC, and to help defray cost associated with the 3 other paid positions they just created for those who were promised jobs. Throw in the local chairman from PHX and I think you can chalk his name on the district ticket [even though he hasn't been straight about this to his own membership]. I'm not a prophet but I think you can color him the new VP of the district. Mark my words and get out your wallets to pay for this nonsense.

regards,

It's not my battle, but I can tell you the IAM has a stranglehold on the BOS rampers. The guys I've talked to don't know anything about the IBEW and card signing. BOS is a strong union town, I'm sure the guys would like to hear what you have to say.

It's not my battle, but I can tell you the IAM has a stranglehold on the BOS rampers. The guys I've talked to don't know anything about the IBEW and card signing. BOS is a strong union town, I'm sure the guys would like to hear what you have to say.
last I heard, a group of PHL rampers were going to rent a van and head up to BOS with some IBEW reps but that was before things were put on pause. I disagree with the stranglehold talk. BOS slammed the contract with a no vote and rejected what their IAM leader told them to do.
Those that voted for the contract in BOS were mostly Westies I thought. Wasn't it something like 89 NO's and 35 yes?

regards,

last I heard, a group of PHL rampers were going to rent a van and head up to BOS with some IBEW reps but that was before things were put on pause. I disagree with the stranglehold talk. BOS slammed the contract with a no vote and rejected what their IAM leader told them to do.
Those that voted for the contract in BOS were mostly Westies I thought. Wasn't it something like 89 NO's and 35 yes?

regards,
The guys here figured that out on their own, dispite a big push by the IAM bag boy here ( he was really pissed ) but the IBEW info is not out there.

Hi jester
First off I never said I LOVED the IAM , I’m a realist (or at least I think I am , lol who knows maybe I‘m off on cloud nine here ), and as I see things , the IAM will be the fastest way for us to get a new contract , that’s why I’m supporting them .I am perfectly willing to accept corruption and graft if that’s the means to our ends . I don’t think the IBEW is an actual reality for this work group , by that I mean all of the facts that I can see point to no involvement by the IBEW in any sort of organizing dive . Tim and others will fire back that there IS an organizing drive , well the president of the IBEW says otherwise , if the PRESIDENT of the IBEW has come out and said there IS NO ORGANIZING DRIVE , then why would anyone think different? Do any of you really believe the head of the IBEW is lying ?

Do I see any improvement from when we fist merged with US AIRWAYS ? Not really , and as for section six , no we haven’t made any progress on that have we . Oh well , I’m not worried or concerned about the section six issue at this point , right now we have maybe 60 more days till we get a ruling on the COC .If it goes down like I think with the east losing , then we can get rocking and rolling on a new TA , and with the motivation of a united work force the company should be more than willing to make the necessary concessions . Not to mention with the allure of the COC out of the way ,the east will be better able to make a voting decision that’s based on the merits of the proposed contract and the contract alone .

Throw in the local chairman from PHX and I think you can chalk his name on the district ticket [even though he hasn't been straight about this to his own membership]. I'm not a prophet but I think you can color him the new VP of the district.

That's fantastic news! :up: I will definitely sleep more soundly tonight knowing we may soon have a very solid union official in office !

Freedom,
I really hope you sleep well tonight . because tomorrow when you read this the reality of LIFE may wake you up

1st the only REAL unity of this work group will be to vote for a UNION that represents both groups TOGETHER . (thats not the IAM way)
2nd Your boy Roth has a snow ball chance in H>ll of getting a VP job.. (remember the east will have a ticket also)
3rd The COC goes like you think then we get rocking on a NEW T/A .. well lets see Randy is in ORD putting his ticket together for feb
not really thinking about US fleet and a T/A .. The company is not talking and the IAM could care less .. SO the IAM is really thinking
hard about you westies and your hourly rates.

I'm thinking you get to live with what you have until 2011 when OUR contract opens in 2009 ......... SO SWEET DREAMS ..

1. There can be no group unity until the CHANGE OF CONTROL has been ruled on.

2. I think Ron will have a very good chance , I believe that if elected he will provide a west perspective and voice , but beyond that I’m sure he’ll continue to provide real leadership and communication just as he does now, to the entire union east and west . Just because tim doesn’t like him doesn’t mean you should jump to conclusions about the man . Like I said , I’ve seen him at every protest and picket I’ve ever been too and he‘s definitely not soft on this company .
As for your east ticket , if you had people that you trusted then I assume you would have voted them into office during the last election .

3. There’s no time for results like election time! Come and stump at my airport and tell me what your gonna do for me! Ha ha , election time is the BEST time , because that’s when the candidates tell you what their gonna do for you , and if canale could manage to bring home the bacon before the election, I’m sure he’d win votes that way .

We will NOT live with the status quo for much longer ,I don’t care what the economic situation in this county goes to or how scared senior management is because delta and United team up , we WILL get ours … do ya hear me ! we WILL get ours …. And after the change of control is decided the gloves come off …

Don't give up the fight!

freedom,
"he’ll continue to provide real leadership and communication just as he does now"

communication. thats what you call it.. HOW about b/s and lies to keep you on the IAM tkt
and lets not forget .. Threatening to pull your tkt for supporting other unions.. THATS AGAINST THE LAW
or "You will lose your contract and start from scratch"

well lets see ARE you STILL not under your TWU contract after voting in the IAM .. WHY haven't you lost that !!!!

"We will NOT live with the status quo for much longer"
under your boy . YOU will live status quo until the IAM says NOT.. ( which isn't going to happen any time soon)

Freedom you feel so empowered and unified under Ron but yet only get 50% to vote on T/A . so please come up with something new

clt and phl blow phx away in terms of unity.. and thats who the D.L will be dealing with

besides you don't even like going to your monthly meetings because they are a bore..

sorry dude or dudet you have no juice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back