IBEW Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask again , where are these cards going and who's holding them ?

Are we sending them to the IBEW national ? That would be fine with me , if however we're giving them to Mr nelson that would not be acceptable , The person who holds the cards should at least be one of our union brothers or sisters ... say for instance the head of the PHL local mr bob boland i think .

:cop:

HELLO , i see alot of posters but i don't see any replies .... please calm my fears that a non union, non us airways individual has our cards :eek:

oncearound
First: I did read the proposal.
Second: ............
Thanks for your time!
Labor Dawg

Power to the people!

Dawg, Believe it or not you and I are on the same page...for the most part. I respect your opinion, and I agree with a lot of what you say.

First: Good, I knew you read the TA. Was talking about the other proposals. I think it's crap that all stations did not get the chance to read more than the TA.

Second: I agree there was money wasted on the COC. No argument there.

Third: If I was in DCA I would be raising heck. That's wrong. I'd be filing.

Fourth: I guess we all have our opinions. Will be hard on those AGC's if they find themselves back on the ramp. I wonder how many were appointed and how many were elected. Will be interesting when the election comes up this spring.

Fifth: Never said the company hasn't been run into the ground. Just said it wouldn't benefit them to run it into the ground. We Do have all of us to thank for the profits we are making. You are right, management is getting fat and we are barely making it. A lot of us are NOT making it. Very sad.

Sixth: I know, I make crap. Single income family, 5 kids, hurting! Your singing to the choir here buddy. I'm working two jobs.

Seventh: Why wouldn't I admit the company's making huge profits? It's a fact. I don't lie, or twist the truth. Shooting straight, always do. Wish everyone on here did. If the sec 6 you are talking about is for the "west" you are 100% correct. They should be negotiating today. "East" side just can't open sec 6 right now, and that sucks! I blame the company though for the crap TA, not IAM. Sorry, know you think I'm wrong, but hey, we can disagree without getting all mad, can't we?

Eighth: Truer words have never been spoken.

Ninth: Yep, the company does seem to be using this bankruptcy thing as a business plan. Bad plan.

Tenth: We may not agree exactly on this one, but again, it's okay to disagree. The TA would have brought us together. Don't think the IAM was separating us on that. The "west" and class II cities are now separated with the COC. If won, it will be great for class 1's. That's it. "west" should be in sec 6 , as I said before, but then what about our class II cities? Where does that leave them? West moves forward with sec 6, class 1 big winners, class ll, well it is just bad for them isn't it? Best case would be...hmm. Is there a best case? Go back to the table for the group as a whole, ASAP? Not going to work so good I'm afraid when the company sees us as such a divided group. New union? I would worry about the ramp up time to get them going, maybe decertifying, then no worries about how long to get the players in place. Just a very bad place we are in. Do not take this to mean we should have voted in the TA. NOT saying that.

Eleventh: Still think for the most part they are the same. Just depends on who is voted in...or appointed. Just for the record, I disagree with appointments, and yeah, I know IBEW doesn't appoint, that's good.

Twelfth: Guess I'm just not hearing the IAM still pushing the agreement, but then again, not really talking to any of them so I guess I wouldn't hear it. In my station the "lackeys" that came in didn't push the TA. Just gave us the overview, showed the old proposals and let us at it. Again, am against the appointments of AGC's, elected only. Let's get those bylaws changed. Put change in to local to vote on next year. If we are still IAM. Should be a LOT of bylaw changes, okay maybe just 3 or 4, okay 5 maybe 6, off the top of my head.

Thirteenth: Thanks!

Ya Know! It's TRUTH time. Been on this site but not sure I'm wasting valuable time. Have I been dubbed a Fool to believe this is anything useful? Might, be time to escape. I've realized this site has pulled me in. Time is, to erase the fictional from the fact. Is anyone out there who they really are!

The cards when signed are held by the committee who is representing the IBEW
at that station. Once they have reached a number that they feel they need to forward
on, they are sending them to a represenitive from the IBEW who is in possesion of
them and keeps the numbers. The IBEW represenitive works for and is employed by
the IBEW.
That person is holding ''figurtively'' all the cards and they have assured us
the IBEW will not file til thier number is reached. They will also stand behind a campain
publicly once a smaller number than the 65%- 70% number is reached. They are waiting
to see the interest generated from the fleet who are looking to change representation. So
far the interest has been overwhelming to say the least. Lets' keep up the good work.

Also, the IBEW has been tied up the past week with the elections coming up. There will
be more updates after the elections Nov. 6th.

They'd also like to THANK the individuals at the supporting stations for standing up and
getting involved and to everyone who signed a card. ''This could be the start of a beautiful
friendship.''

Thanks

once
"They asked for input before this TA stuff started. I gave mine did you?"

2 questions.. 1 where do you work .. because I know of about 1200 people in clt that weren't asked

and 2 did they listen. and if they listened how do you know they did anything about your suggestions.

sorry one more.. When do you think would be a GOOD time .. in 09 when they open the contract come back 2 yrs later with some lame excuse

why we can't get you guys anything better.. Sorry that train has left the station.. Stood up for the IAM for the last time. 3 strikes and there OUT

It was on the IAM web site. Email link as I recall. They, of course, didn't listen to everything I said. Who knows, maybe they didn't even read my email. I don't know, but I do know they had some of what I asked for in the old proposals I read during the TA vote. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who said the same thing! Guess they were looking for repeated requests. But only a guess.

Sorry I wish I knew when a good time would be. I'm just not sure, before then '09 date though, and after we see what direction we are headed. I don't know if I'll like "the plan".

I understand, we are all mad, but I just think it's a little early to give up. I get why you disagree though.

The cards when signed are held by the committee who is representing the IBEW
at that station. Once they have reached a number that they feel they need to forward
on, they are sending them to a represenitive from the IBEW who is in possesion of
them and keeps the numbers. The IBEW represenitive works for and is employed by
the IBEW.
That person is holding ''figurtively'' all the cards and they have assured us
the IBEW will not file til thier number is reached. They will also stand behind a campain
publicly once a smaller number than the 65%- 70% number is reached. They are waiting
to see the interest generated from the fleet who are looking to change representation. So
far the interest has been overwhelming to say the least. Lets' keep up the good work.

Also, the IBEW has been tied up the past week with the elections coming up. There will
be more updates after the elections Nov. 6th.

They'd also like to THANK the individuals at the supporting stations for standing up and
getting involved and to everyone who signed a card. ''This could be the start of a beautiful
friendship.''

Thanks

ok i feel better now , thanks

Oncearound Sorry to say but we've heard this phase stated before. We are our own worst enemies. Please convince us you are not Tom Brickner!

Ahh, no not Tom, ha ha. If I was don't you think I'd be spending money somewhere and not here wondering what the heck we should do?

I was going over the card counts and was amazed to see how Boston of all citys still is not with the program. My questions do these workers honestly believe they are being represented? All I see is my paycehck getting smaller and expenses to live keep going up in my area but how the heck does someone live on this crap contract in Boston? Our Judas pimp AGC's sold us out just to keep themselves in the 100k year club there not hurting. Does anyone in Boston wanna repond to the injustice we are getting from the IAM? I would love to hear why your so scared to talk on this board about the IAM and how they are treating you.

Truthfully! This website should be the eyes/ears of company/union. Let the rest of us fleet/mechanics know how to express our opinions on this site. Hopefully Edward, can send this onto US. Airways.

freedom,
first let me say that you guys out west have been bushwacked by the IAM .. they came out there and told you what YOU guys wanted
to hear to get there VOTE then after getting your vote spent the last 1yr 1/2 putting the screws to you.. Ask your IAM rep how he/she feels about
being pimped in front of their peers to get the IAM only to give NEW AGC (your so called voice) to the east boys who have been faithful to CANALE
Now lets come up to speed with the IBEW... Tim is not on the companys band wagon.. and NO he is not holding all the cards.. The problem I see with the
west is You guys are new to UNION raids and how things operate.. Let me speak from experience and for once I ask you guys to trust us on this.. THINGS
are happening all over the east coast , but are unable to disclose. the WHAT WHEN AND WHERE on a public forum.. IF you don't take a leap of faith then
I say stick with the IAM and see where that gets in the next 3-5 years.. 13 yrs later and still wish the USWA got the vote..

lith
? for you . . ask the m/r rep in your station .. WHY they pulled or should I say why the IAM pulled their offer

off the table , as soon as the f/s VOTED down the t/a . . IMO it's because the fat left over from our so-called T/A was

suppose to subsidize their T/A..

correct me if I am wrong

GO IBEW

orioleman!
You can not put words in our mouth. Hard as you try. Your needs will not supersede AWA needs. You can ask for us to understand, but you still don't understand us. You had it all. Lost it and want it back. West needs to go forward and needs your base pay and other benies also.

Lith
VERY good point .. and I agree 100 % with you.. SO I ask you to ask the IAM WHY they didn't bring you UP

to east STANDARDS . without trying to take away our BENEFITS.. IT could have been resolved without the IAM going into our pockets(CIC / profit sharing, contracting out west cities) to subsidize your pay raise..

that's what the east is trying to explain...

if someone was dipping in YOUR pocket I think you might want to have a say in that

Status
Not open for further replies.