I''ll take my chances with the judge

Bob,
U has no BK judge anymore. They have exited BK. Their CEO says they need another 200 million a year. How is their deal a good deal? Full pay til the last day?

Read http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/31/business...BR>F.Y.I. they are not a regional. I can''t think of any regional airlines that have a trans atlantic network.

Buck said: "There are 1000 mechanics in Indy? 900 in Oak?"

UAL outgrew their SFO base about 10 years ago. It still does a lot of everything, but over half their overhaul was being done at OAK and IND.

IIRC, OAK was the former Seaboard/Flying Tigers widebody overhaul base, which UAL bought up when Tigers was bought by FedEx.

IMC (IND) was build from scratch using grant funds from the State of Indiana. It "was" UA's A320/737/757 overhaul base, and had over 1000 AMT's, but 500 were put on emergency leave last month, with the rest to follow next week.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 6:04:06 PM Bob Owens wrote:

USAIR guys still made out better than we would. They have 8 holidays at double time and a half vs our 5 at time and a half. They get shift differential. 8 sick days at full pay vs our 5 at half pay. They still do deicing and pushbacks. Double time, 40 hour week, 8 hour shifts. Its almost like they have a union contract instead of our company/union agreement.

----------------​

How many of the pre Chapter 11 employees lost jobs?

AAviator: You keep answering your own criticisms. After all the rape and pillage USAir has thrust upon all its employees, IT''S NEVER ENOUGHT, IS IT?
Don''t you you remember the BK Judge allowing Siegel to retain his multi-million dollar compensation package? IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH WHAT THE AIRLINES WANT FROM US. NEVER!

So vote no, and get it over with. We''ll "get a better deal than this crap" anyway.

RV4 thanks for answering the question.

RV4 said "I''ve told you more than that I am not afraid. If the union contract was removed tomorrow, I would be fine in my life and likely better off employment wise also. It really is that simple!"

You have no choice but to take your chance with the judge.

Itrade, thats all part of the "better than this crap" Bob Owens is talking about. I know that pilots with 13 years are on the street at Usairways. And management is saying that they''re still 200 million a year short. fear fear fear......

If you're not legitimate in your trade, I'd be clamoring to burn the house down too. Do you hold the license or not? Your existance in the job you hold is a product of Union featherbedding. FAT that can be cut. I'd be scared. Oh, thats right. you are... Take your chance with the judge. Oh thats right, its your only chance.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 8:42:54 AM AAviator wrote:

If you're not legitimate in your trade, I'd be clamoring to burn the house down too. Do you hold the license or not? Your existance in the job you hold is a product of Union featherbedding. FAT that can be cut. I'd be scared. Oh, thats right. you are... Take your chance with the judge. Oh thats right, its your only chance.
----------------
I've told you more than that I am not afraid. If the union contract was removed tomorrow, I would be fine in my life and likely better off employment wise also. It really is that simple!

How does the COMAPNY UNION "featherbed" without the Company being in agreement? Was it not the company that agreed to the current contract they now wish to gut?

Hopeful, the package is a shot at avoiding BK. Avoiding the carnage at Usairways. A no vote puts us on the fast track. I'm willing to take that shot. Stupid me. The loaded gun is in my hand. I'm not ready to pull the trigger.

There ya go getting defensive. I never said you weren't worth you keep. I have always contended that most a pilot's career is spent incident free. But when you do have to take over where automation fails, you as a pilot are worth everything you have ever earned. But I also get defensive when the importance of a mechanic is trivialized. I feel our importance and responsiblility is up there with yours. But on average, I barely make half of what you make. My whole argument on this board is that the airline management are finally seizing their golden opportunities to break us.

By the way: my autopliot remark is one I lovingly convey to pilots when they call prior to departure about an A/P squawk and it has always been received amusingly.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 7:50:45 AM ITRADE wrote:

How many of the pre Chapter 11 employees lost jobs?

----------------

A lot. And USAIR got their concessions before BK, and will continue to have those concessions till 2008, they then went and laid off as they liked in BK. What do you think AA will do? If they are going to go into BK and layoff anyway why no go in at full pay?​