Tel Aviv and new inflight entertainment

luvthe9

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
Dear Fellow Pilot,

It is my understanding that one of the new 2008 transatlantic flights will be Philadelphia to Tel Aviv. To expand upon Scott Kirby’s March 22 Crew News briefing reported by Tom, expect US Airways to add A330-200s to the fleet as an interim longer range aircraft.

Moreover, US Airways Vice President of Marketing Travis Christ is heading the new In-flight Entertainment project. The company is negotiating to add new In-flight amenities that will include live TV, similar in scope to JetBlue, but an enhanced product that exceeds US Airways' JFK-based rivals system. Expect an announcement this summer, maybe sooner.

Anyone else here this BS?

On the whole fleet or just the widebodies? I think that would actually be worth the investment. Air Canada is doing this, they are putting the PTVs on everything from the Ejets up to the widebodies. US has a small fleet with a large part of it being replaced soon, lots of new planes coming so it wouldn't be as costly as it would be for some carriers. Other carriers are slowly starting to upgrade thier IFE, maybe for once US could be the first at something.

JetBlue also owns Live TV which gives them an advantage.

i wonder if TLV will go senior?
will we get hazard pay?
:lol: Are You kidding ME!? Tel Aviv, Go Senior? Some of those Transatl F/A's remember Jesus as a small child.....they may want to go over and visit the tomb! :lol: :lol: (I couldn't resist that one. Oye Vey!)

Dear Fellow Pilot,

It is my understanding that one of the new 2008 transatlantic flights will be Philadelphia to Tel Aviv. To expand upon Scott Kirby’s March 22 Crew News briefing reported by Tom, expect US Airways to add A330-200s to the fleet as an interim longer range aircraft....

I ask this question again: Did Kirby actually state that 330-200s would be delivered in 2008, or is this just a hypothetical assumption? The standing order for the 330-200s specify first delivery in mid-late 2009. So unless US got some sort of recent special (extraordinary) concession from Airbus, the 330-200s will not be available for June 2008 flights from PHL-TLV.

Israel is what they call "The Land of Milk and Honey"....and will be VERY SENIOR, don't fool yourself. Of all the countries that I have visited, Israel and Greece are the favourites and I would highly recommend to any globe trotter. (Don't confuse the Steinbaums of Cherryhill with the True Son's of Abraham from a very hospitable, historical land. Security may be an obcessive issue for some folks but then again, they probably wouldn't go to Harlem- just because "they heard...." )