Info On Hiring/working 4 Jetblue?

furlod

Jan 23, 2004
Hi!

I'm currently a F/A on voluntary furlough with United, and soon to be recalled (March 15)...
Not looking forward to returning to the low morale, etc.

Applied for a job online with Jetblue for another position (not F/A). A friend in management there has offerred to personally hand in my resume.

Any tips? Advice? If you work there, are you happy?

Any info/opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

listen buddy . if you are getting recalled to ual why the hell are you even thinking of starting over with jblu. you should be lucky you are getting recalled. and besides the moral at ual is not hlf as bad as it is at usairways. i work for u and my wife works for ual and the moral at ual is far better than usair. you have a good position at a good airline. don't throw that away. united will get through this. now if you were at usair i would tell you different. do not even think of going to jetblue. think it over buddy. your making a big misteke. plus you will make far more at ual than jetblue.

Thanks for the advice.

My cousin works at USAir and so I have heard all about it. My sympathies.

I was actually going for a different job at JetBlue than the one I have at United... I have 3 kids, one very small, and would like to stay on the ground right now.

I live in lower Manhattan and am a flight attendant. My (11 year old) daughter was in therapy for a long time after 9/11. She saw the United plane hit the tower. I am afraid she'll relapse if I begin to fly again. The JetBlue job is a ground job.

Also, as I'm sure your wife has told you, United is in the process of cutting medical benefits for retirees and is closing it's MIA f/a base. I don't much care for the way they go about things. I have a friend at JetBlue and their whole 'make the employees happy and they'll make the pax happy' attitude just makes so much sense. I really don't want to return to United for more aggravation and their abusive corporate culture.

I never joined the airlines to make money, anyway... and I'd rather just be happy about where I work.

But I appreciate your advice. I'll take it into consideration.

I too suggest you to stick with UA if you are lucky enough to be called back. If it was otherwise that you cannot get your UA job back, then go for B6 though the pay is pretty low by New York City standards of living unless maybe you find a high end job at their headquarters in Forest Hills, Queens.

All the stories from US employees miseries working for the airline are true. I did worked for US at LGA (for UQ to be exact) and sadly enough that was the dark spot on my resume.
You have management running a dirty little operation with all kinds of conspiracies to screw employees in every possible manner they could and this is only the tip of the iceberg considering I witnessed what was happening around me while I was there....and all for what ? Petty miserable lousy pay that is not enough to live off on !
:censored: :censored: :censored: :down: :boring:

I have to differ on the opinion that UAL and US air is going to make it out of this mess they have created. Just for the sole fact that they are so top heavy on their salries. Word on the street that WN is hiring in LAS.