Twu More Members,

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
In Tulsa amfa has been wearing T-shirts listing the few airlines (8) they have members, Amfa claims to have a mechanic's only Union. In reality they are obligated to represent all within the Mechanic and Related group. But Delle-femine refers to them as splinter groups. (Insignificant).

Here is a list of Airlines which the TWU has members, The TWU represents more members in the Industry than any other group. The TWU works hard for the members to ensure long term employment. Others want you to believe that they can represent better. This is the farthest from the truth. Part of representing is looking at the long term. Which they do on a regular basis. I for one am proud of the TWU knowing with our direction as members they continue to do the right thing.

:: Express Jet
:: Chautauqua
:: Ogden
:: Air Wisconsin
:: Alaska
:: Aloha
:: Aloha Island
:: AirTran
:: America West
:: American
:: American Eagle
:: American Trans
:: Continental
:: Continental Express
:: Frontier
:: Hawaiian
:: Horizon
:: Mesaba
:: Northwest
:: Southwest
:: Spirit
:: Sun Country
:: United
:: UPS
:: USAir
:: World Airways

The TWU by far has a lower percentage of members on layoff than amfa. On the average less than 15%. where Amfa has 35% on Layoff. The right choice is yours. Don't be fooled by the half-truths of others. The facts speak for themselves.

All Dispatchers, might total just over 300-400.

Express Jet
:: Chautauqua
:: Ogden
:: Air Wisconsin
:: Alaska
:: Aloha
:: Aloha Island
:: AirTran
:: American Trans
:: Continental
:: Continental Express
:: Frontier
:: Hawaiian
:: Horizon
:: Mesaba
:: Northwest
:: Spirit
:: Sun Country
:: United
:: UPS
:: USAir
:: World Airways

:: America West....Fleet Service and Dispatcher

:: American....soon Fleet Service until AGW takes over, and the dispatchers for 2 more years.

:: American Eagle....AMFA drive picking up for Mechanic and related, soon just fleet service and dispatchers.

:: Southwest.. Flight Attendants have started organizing drive to rid themselves of the twu, soon just fleet service.

Sorry, I'm not impressed. :down:

coffin1.jpg

Let me get this straight. A person from an OSM shop can be labor loaned to work on say a 737 for seven days and get paid a license premium over a person with more seniority that was riffed into an OSM shop and lost his license pay. He can then volunteer for as long as he likes and keep the higher pay. A supervisor, manager, or even up the ladder somewhere can direct that his relative/relatives be labor loaned and then stay for an indefinite period. Am I reading this correctly CIO TWUer or some other official on this board trying to keep their paid position as best they can???

Rusty,

You've got it!

Welcome to the wonderful world of AFL-CIO Industrial Unionism,

Where RELATIVES come FIRST!

This flies directly in the face of unionism. I have a friend whom tells me all the time that the TWU is all about nepotism and cronyism but, I never quite believed it yet there it is in all it's glory!!!

Seniority was one of the few things left for the company union to dismantle.

After 20 years of concessions, they have finally reached the single most important item a union man has, and now they begin to chip away at those rights. The 20 year concession Trek, left them with nothing else to give, so now seniority is out the window with the TWU.

Get off the Bus, Before it is Too Late!

Let's not forget the fact that you're relying on the interpretation of the contract by a welder wannabe scannerman wannabe important I've got my own web page hypocrit...HAHAHAHA

How's that for in your face Mr. I'm a welderman? Title II, what's amfa done for you lately?

Here is a list of Airlines which the TWU has members, The TWU represents more members in the Industry than any other group.

Hey, cio. Don't forget to post that AMFA represents more AMTs than the twu. And, the twu accepts the worse concessions in the industry.

and the fact that amfa represents the loss of work/jobs (45% jobloss at NWA since amfa)whereas due to concessions TWU saves jobs....amfa makes employment rate decrease....in Singapore and states that allow non-union work at 3rd party vendors....amfa is a leader....in saying bye bye to welders!

PDiddyQuill said:
Let's not forget the fact that you're relying on the interpretation of the contract by a welder wannabe scannerman wannabe important I've got my own web page hypocrit...HAHAHAHA

How's that for in your face Mr. I'm a welderman? Title II, what's amfa done for you lately?
Wow, welding just got put in title 2, looks like your free to bid the system Informer, unlike non-licensed Droopy. :up:

AMFAMAN said:
PDiddyQuill said:

Wow, welding just got put in title 2, looks like your free to bid the system Informer, unlike non-licensed Droopy. :up:
Rolling on the Floor Laughing my Ass Off,

This Dippy guy wants us all to follow him, and he doesn't even know the contract.

If you don't know what you have today, how you could possibly know what the TWU just gave up?

He reminds me of the bushmen on the movie "The Gods Must be Crazy" where the elected bushman has to take the Coca-Cola bottle that fell from a cessna aircraft to the end of the earth for reunification with the Gods.

Ogden.

Another TWU accomplishment.

When I first enterred the industry in 1980 I can remember a conversation I had with a fueler, at the time it was Allied Aviation. I was shocked to hear that he was making more per hour than top paid mechanics. I guess the justification was the class of liscense and the fact that they had to stand out there for prolonged periods of time fueling aircraft.

At that time they were Teamsters and also had excellent benifits.

Not all that long ago I was talking to another fueler. He was unhappy with his pay. When I said that he must be making better than $35/hr, since thats what we were up to and I knew they used to make more than us, he laughed. He said that their pay hasnt gone up in twenty years, he was only making half of $35/hr. I asked him what happened, he said that Allied was bought out by Ogden, and they ended up in the TWU because of the buyout and its been downhill ever since.

Seems no matter where the TWU goes in this industry they are trying to "secure" everyones future though low wages and concessions.

How are the SWA Flight Attendants contract talks going? I read their PR, they said that they work at least 300 hours per year cleaning airplanes for no pay. Another TWU accomplishment? Work for no pay? Thats security right? I thought that the fact that we get no holidays was bad. Even the slaves had off on Christmas. Seems that the TWU is the worst overseer in the business!

The fact is selling your labor to someone else is the riskiest means of supporting yourself going. The less you make the riskier it is. Your best means to security is to work hard, charge more and live well below your means. To agree to sell yourself cheap is to sentence yourself to a lifetime of struggle. We are better off to weather short periods of extreme hardship than to agree to a permanent state of mediocre hardship. Many of us did so in order to get our tickets. We learned a trade in the hopes of avoiding a lifetime of hardship. The TWU does not respect our profession nor do they think we are worthy of living a fulfilling remunerative life. Instead they seek to bring us ever closer to their average member(@$15/hr) with constant threats and disinformation. The TWU's goal is simple, as CIOs post highlights, take any and alls money, specialize and promote none-in their eyes we are equally worthless. We are in their words "the 15 minute attention spanned, thankless, uncaring, uninvolved, apathetic membership" and its our fault that we allowed the TWU to destroy our careers.

Maybe they are right. Its about time we took responsiblity for ourselves a voted these bums out!

Airline workers need airline unions! AMFA and the AGW NOW!