Interesting Reading

insp89

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
CLT
To all Usairways Mechanics on this board,

Plese click on over to the United Airlines Forum and read the following topics : "UAL & AMFA ta" and "Judge Rejects Deal with United's Pilots."

What a difference a judge makes...

Mechanics, Before you check that "Yes" box on the 17th, I would make it a point to see the final T/A at United...

I see Usairways management has "sweetened" their imposition for members that are to be furloughed, I see no reason they can't sweeten it for the members that are staying..

How about it IAM negotiators, It's not too late, Tell them "again" this imposition will not cut it..

Do you not understand?

There is no longer a contract with the IAM and US.

There is no longer anychance of a better deal with the company, it is take it or leave it.

Remember UAL still have all their labor contracts entact.

700UW said:
Do you not understand?

There is no longer a contract with the IAM and US.

There is no longer anychance of a better deal with the company, it is take it or leave it.

[post="238430"][/post]​
What do you mean ? The contract is STILL in place UNTIL the vote is held....."status quo provision" ???

If there is no chance of a better deal, Are you deneying the company is NOT giving the furloughed employees more than what was previously imposed ??

Are you sure that it's not you that has the problem with understanding ?

The company as of 1/21/05 or if it fails to ratify is free to impose anything they want. The company and the IAM agreed to a status quo, if you want to get technical the judge termiated the Collective Bargaining Agreement on 1/6/05, therefore no CBA.

They are giving the furloughees a better deal because of a conversation with a certain executive, but if you think there is a better deal out there, then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for you.

700UW said:
[post="238430"][/post]​
At least for a week or two. If the company doesn't get what they want, they are going to run to their "daddy" to have him enforce it. The pensions are gone, even though they are still in place, the company has said over and over that they can't compete with the pensions hanging over their heads. UA's wages and bene's are going right to the bottom of the barrel.

700UW said:
The company as of 1/21/05 or if it fails to ratify is free to impose anything they want. The company and the IAM agreed to a status quo, if you want to get technical the judge termiated the Collective Bargaining Agreement on 1/6/05, therefore no CBA.

They are giving the furloughees a better deal because of a conversation with a certain executive, but if you think there is a better deal out there, then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn for you.
[post="238444"][/post]​
So, I guess I can expect no further help from my negotiating committee.

You talk to me about some bridge in Brooklyn, then you admit that the furloughees are in fact getting a better deal. [I'm glad they are.] :blink:

flyin2low said:
Those are the facts.
[post="238453"][/post]​

US Airways is now the "Great Lakes Airlines" of the majors . . . . the undisputed bottom-feeder.

Winglet said:
US Airways is now the "Great Lakes Airlines" of the majors . . . . the undisputed bottom-feeder.
[post="238460"][/post]​

The rest of the Legacy's will be lining up soon to get to the bottom. USair is leading the way in the destruction of airline wages. All the others will be following our lead, that is a given.

Winglet said:
[post="238460"][/post]​

Uh oh, that's not good.....

From Great Lakes Airlines' 3Q04 report:

"the Company’s independent auditors indicated in the explanatory paragraph that these matters raised substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern."

"the Company is in arrears and is negotiating with creditors that have provided financing for the Company’s Brasilia aircraft to restructure the Company’s remaining debt and lease obligations."

"The Company cannot determine with a high degree of confidence that, in the future, the Company will be able to generate cash flows sufficient to satisfy the outstanding arrearages or regain compliance with the Company’s aircraft debt and lease agreements."

"At September 30, 2004, the Company was in arrears with respect to almost all of the Company’s aircraft debt and lease obligations. Furthermore, the Company is uncertain that, during the remainder of the Company’s fiscal year 2004, the Company will be able to generate cash flow sufficient to satisfy the outstanding arrearages or regain compliance with the Company’s aircraft debt and lease agreements."

Jim

Back