What Is This Amfa Has A Concessionary Agreement

twuer said:
And give us the layoff numbers for NWA and UAL again Bobby!!

You can kiss the UAL maintenence bases goodbye!!!!!!
Oh, and Delle is still an idiot!!!!!!
[post="237625"][/post]​
Give us the numbers for the layoffs at SWA. And the pay, and the holidays, and the vacation, and the sick time, and the doubletime etc,etc.

twuer said:
And give us the layoff numbers for NWA and UAL again Bobby!!

You can kiss the UAL maintenence bases goodbye!!!!!!
Oh, and Delle is still an idiot!!!!!!
[post="237625"][/post]​
What about the thousands on the street at AA and more coming?

The twu saved 12000 jobs and 3 maintenance bases? I think not......but you and the rest of the twu blind morons still don't get it. This was not suppose to happen with the biggest twu SELLOUT IN HISTORY!!!!! Its the cherry on the sundae after 22 years of twu sellouts

Jimmy Do-little is a twu sellout kompany union POS!!!! His "without further ratification" industry leading twu concessions brought the whole industry to a new low. Now other carriers have to match or beat it thanks the Totally Worthless Union. Twu Proud NOW?

"Yeehaaa, having some kind of fun now"!!!!!

"Concession Huh"? Why aren't you boy's screaming for the recall of amfa's national officers? It should be an easy task with all the democracy you people say resides within the amfa constitution.....Go for it ;)

They even have one that is not even a member of the amfa, should be an easy target right???? ;)

This one just has an "honor bestowed upon him" to sign his name to their concessionary agreements :blink:

amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
"Yeehaaa, having some kind of fun now"!!!!!

"Concession Huh"? Why aren't you boy's screaming for the recall of amfa's national officers? It should be an easy task with all the democracy you people say resides within the amfa constitution.....Go for it ;)
[post="237711"][/post]​

Maybe it is because the National Officers have NOT recommended a yes vote, and damn sure will not sign off the concessions "without further ratification" of the membership.

You still cannot see the difference no matter how times we discuss this simple aspects of a democratic union.

Again,

AMFA - The MEMBERS decide

TWU - JIM LITTLE will decide (proven in Federal Court)

GET IT?

Regardless of who represents the members, TWU or AMFA, I hope they realize the concessions are not the answer.

I read somewhere recently where the average wage in the US was somewhere near $15.86 an hour. I believe the CEO's and stockholders are wanting average pay for our industry. They just do not realize, there is no shoulder of the road to pull off on when mistakes are made by average mechanics.

seed,

Neither the Airline Executives, the Public, the Politicians or the TWU care!

For all of the above, the current situation works.

The Airline Executives get millions, the Public gets cheaper tickets, the Politicians get to take credit for de-regulation and the TWU gets paid an increase and an "inflation indexed" pension.

Think about it.

I was going to lay blame to other unions voting concessions, but I see no positive ending to that. Laying blame simply sheds responsibility.

Boomer, we need to send the Execs, the public and politicians a strong message. I believe it is time to act, a simple merging of the minds here would be a good start. The unions we have and the unions we want will hear us if our message is loud enough.

seed said:
I was going to lay blame to other unions voting concessions, but I see no positive ending to that. Laying blame simply sheds responsibility.

Boomer, we need to send the Execs, the public and politicians a strong message. I believe it is time to act, a simple merging of the minds here would be a good start. The unions we have and the unions we want will hear us if our message is loud enough.
[post="238134"][/post]​

Seed, the reason this bb and others like it are in existance is because "our message" is NOT heard loud and clear by the twu & iam. AMFA hears AMTs but must battle against decades of industrial union ineptness.

As for hearing does the iam hear the membership at USAir? How many concessions must the iam accept?

Please tell us how we are better off in BK?

I believe the TWU and the members made the right choice under the circumstances. We do have control of our direction.

Look at the bad language at Alaska, NWA, United and others? Look who represents them! By the way when is Amfa going to show Unity? And strike? I believe they have at least 3 contracts in mediation right now and several others being negotiated. Not only are the members pissed off for lack of representation the companies are fed up also.

I also have read where Amfa has agreed to farm out work overseas?

Checking it Out said:
Look at the bad language at Alaska, NWA, United and others? Look who represents them! By the way when is Amfa going to show Unity? And strike? I believe they have at least 3 contracts in mediation right now and several others being negotiated. Not only are the members pissed off for lack of representation the companies are fed up also.
[post="238207"][/post]​

Oh really? Members pissed off at AMFA? Well, what is the current TWU authorization card count at any one of those airlines? ZERO!

Hell CIO you call mediation a bad thing, and yet defend industry leading concessions without membership ratification good unionism.

Tell us all again that one story, you know the one where we saved 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases with those industry leading concessions. Please...tell that story one more time!

Checking it Out said:
Dave I think, you covered the issue about the 12,000 jobs with full overhaul capabilities. Thanks
[post="238313"][/post]​

Yeah CIO, the letter below really sounds like the TWU International has your same beliefs...

Letter to Ralph Richardi and Robert Reding - Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 10:13
January 10, 2005

Mr. Ralph Richardi
Sr. V.P. Customer Service
American Airlines, Inc.
4333 Amon Carter Blvd. MD 5616
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Mr. Robert Reding
Sr. V.P. Technical Operations
American Airlines, Inc.
4333 Amon Carter Blvd. MD 5603
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Gentlemen:

Having already experienced the dramatic headcount reductions in MCIE and STL, and with the impact of the projected 2005 budget pending, it is fitting that you recognize the following:

The TWU is painfully aware of the substantial challenges that lay ahead. The financial position of the company is precarious at best given the fragile, volatile, and unpredictable environment (e.g Delta fare reduction, Southwest Airlines code share with ATA, etc). We are concerned that the reductions incurred by the TWU membership are substantial and in our view, may jeopardize the dependability, performance, and service of the airline. Further, it appears these decisions rely upon broad assumptions replete with increased operational risk.

Article 28(B) of our agreement provides in part that, “the Company will have sole jurisdiction of the management and operations of its business.â€￾ Post restructure, the Company is now entrusted with the management and operation of “ourâ€￾ business. The Company has a moral, ethical, and fiscal responsibility to not mismanage the sacrifices made by so many.

In closing, please note that the TWU anticipates safety and security to remain a cornerstone of everything we do and that compromising is simply not an option. Lastly, we expect these reductions will not produce violations of our agreement as a byproduct of implementation.

Sincerely,

John M. Conley
AA System Coordinator
International Representative

Robert Gless
International Representative

JC-RG:cjw opeiu-153 afl-cio

C: J. Little
G. Yingst
ATD staff assigned
AA Locals 501-590

By The Way, When did you get your ballot to vote John M. Conley as the AA System Coordinator?

Checking it Out said:
Please tell us how we are better off in BK?

I believe the TWU and the members made the right choice under the circumstances. We do have control of our direction.

I also have read where Amfa has agreed to farm out work overseas?
[post="238207"][/post]​
Do tell cio, how we are better off with 22 years of twu concessions? The twu always makes the right choices (sellouts) in your warped mind, status quo for the International, and a chance for twu robots like yourself to slink off into the International six-figure unaccountable world. When is the pay cut for jim Do-little?

We have control of our direction? WTF are you smokin??? Which direction would you say that we are heading, being that we have another thousand going on the street to match our industry leading concessions?

Yeah cio, look at the bad language!!! Look at your twu bad language!!! OSM's, 41% farmout according to the gov't, the worst concessions in history, no scope what-so-ever, and on and on....... Everyone but you and your twu blind cronies knows that the iam gutted UAL, Northwest, and Alaska before they got ousted. Which I am sure the twu plans to do when they get the boot. AMFA cannot renegotiate all iam sellouts in one contract, but the twu sure can give 50 years away "without further ratification".

Members are pissed off because industrial unions keep selling out to management. The twu concession kings have lowered the bar for M@E so far from 1983 to present the other airlines are now trying to match it!!!

Even in Bankruptcy they still cannot match the twu's Industry leading concessions!!!!

When is that twu card drive at any of these carriers CIO????? Should be easy for the twu to knock AMFA off since they are all so pissed!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Actually I do not think AMFA has proved, one way or another, their ability just yet. Certainly our industry is the item in the downward spiral, and the unions are cought in the swirl pattern. This also ties in with the voted upon concessions with AA. The TWU leadership, with the immediate knowledge they held, presented what they felt was the best go for the numbers represented. Though many of us voted NO, we have to go with the majority, as AMFA will with UAL.

seed said:
Actually I do not think AMFA has proved, one way or another, their ability just yet.  Certainly our industry is the item in the downward spiral, and the unions are cought in the swirl pattern.  This also ties in with the voted upon concessions with AA.  The TWU leadership, with the immediate knowledge they held, presented what they felt was the best go for the numbers represented.  Though many of us voted NO, we have to go with the majority, as AMFA will with UAL.
[post="238480"][/post]​

#1 You are wrong, we are not working under a majority rule agreement at AA, we are working under a Jim Little "without further ratification" agreement. Do not forget that just before Little Jim signed off the sell out without the membership approval, he stated that ratification process was NOT a legitimate ratification and only a re-vote would make it legit, and that re-vote never happened.

#2 AMFA has not proved "thier" ability?

It is the membership with AMFA not "they".

And given the 20 years of TWU Concessions that have even been given in good economic times, this is not about the current state of the industry, it is about membership control of the union and the TWU "without further ratification" example of dicatorship rule.

Regardless of the economic conditions, the MEMBERS should have the free will to vote on their collective bargaining agreements, their international leaders, their negotiators, the side letters of agreement, and the re-call accountability process must be available to the MEMBERS.

Why does everyone want to compare current industry problems to determine the better union? You should look at the Constitution for comparison, and quit calling the unions a "they, them, and their".