Final Union Faces Deadline

He is a piece of work, he thinks he knows everything when in reality he is making the stuff up.

He is not a member of the IAM or on the Negotiating Committee nor a member of management or on thier negotiating team.

He does not even know who is on both committees except for the names on the Bulletins from the IAM and not everyone's name is on them, still waiting for him to answer the questions I poised to him.

I know exactly what is going on, he does not.

USA320Pilot said:
You do not have to be on the NC to know what's going on. You simply talk to the parties.

As I said and then the company indicated in court, the IAM has been stalling due to the AMFA threat, which is why the IAM would not mind "imposition".

Will there be a deal? Probably with the Trainers and FSA's, but it will be much more difficult with the Mechanics/Utility.

In regard to the company not wanting to negotiate, is that not what the IAm did over the A320 outsourcing issue and their position all summer?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="229905"][/post]​
what AMFA threat?? this is ridiculous............your AMFA threat died 2 years ago....its over at this point. do you think they will come in on a white horse and save us from glass and his merry band of pranksters? i think you are grasping here dude...

700UW, if you understand negotiating so well and are in the know, why is the company playing hardball with the IAM at this late stage of the game?

I will say it again, you have no idea what is truly happening at the top, but that's o.k. because there could be more "pain" than ever imagined. What's sad is that it could have been avoided. I think the IAM leadership lacks courage even more than ALPA's RC4 who could not make the difficult decision too.

A union should try and help as many people as they can and with the company's foot on the throat of the membership, it may be too late. Let's hope not and the IAM helps as many members as possible and stops thinking about them self.

I am tired of arguing with you and if more IAM members get hurt than necessary so be it -- it's the IAM's choice. We are in the ninth inning and it could be over for the IAM unless things change. I hope your union has an "ace in the bullpen" to save this thing because as I have said, there could be more "pain" than was discussed earlier this year.

BoeingBoy, your words ares spoken as a true "hardliner". Can you tell me how ALPA's advisors now feel about the current state of affairs and the company's prospects since the GE announcement? By the way, it's interesting how you have two different communication styles on this and the ALPA board.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

700UW,
NEEDS TO FINE A NEW LIFE.

he is a broken record!!! and always will be

has always given strong educated data on all his posts! :up:

USA320Pilot said:
700UW, if you understand negotiating so well and are in the know, why is the company playing hardball with the IAM at this late stage of the game? I will say it again, you have no idea what is truly happening at the top, but that's o.k. because there could be more "pain" than ever imagined. What's sad is that it could have been avoided. I think the IAM leadership lacks courage even more than ALPA's RC4 who could not make the difficult decision too.

A union should try and help as many people as they can and with the company's foot on the throat of the membership, it may be too late. Let's hope not and the IAM helps as many members as possible and stops thinking about them self.

BoeingBoy: Spoken as a true "hardliner", can you tell me how ALPA's advisors feel about the current state of affairs and the company's prospects since the GE announcement? By the way, it's interesting how you have two different communication styles on this and the ALPA board.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="230024"][/post]​

ATTEN: BillLumbergh said:

Enough of the personal attack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be a "ham" inside joke...and make the captain cease and desist his attacks...they might not be "mean and nasty" but attacks they are!

Curt...also a "ham"

I know exactly what is going on.

You TRULY HAVE NO IDEA of what is going on.

For the fifth time, name who is on the IAM NC ( not all members listed on the bulletin) and the Company's NC.

See you can't name them because you DO NOT know what is going on.

Don't worry there is enough PAIN for you too, if there is an abrogation, a strike will occur, the Ramp and the AFA will honor the picket line, the ATSB will pull the funding and bye bye US Airways, plenty of pain to share.

Courage? You know nothing about courage, the IAM Leadership and the NC are doing what is best for the IAM, not you and your cushy six-figure income. And how come when the IAM told the company will take out the proposal as is right now, they said no?

Were you there? I was.

XJT, that is the funniest post I have ever read on US Aviation, put the KoolAide down and back away from the keyboard.

deano said:
ATTEN: BillLumbergh said:

Enough of the personal attack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be a "ham" inside joke...and make the captain cease and desist his attacks...they might not be "mean and nasty" but attacks they are!

Curt...also a "ham"
[post="230026"][/post]​
whata ham..... :D

700UW:

You still do not get it. I do not know all of the IAM negotiators, but I do know informed people on Wall Street and within the Company who thoroughly understand the inside politics. By the way, the IAM leaders talk to ALPA and NMB officials and guess what, they talk too.

Stop thinking about the direct negotiation and micro management. Think macro negotiations and what can I do to get the best deal possible for the members. Think big picture and maybe, just maybe the IAM can help as many members as possible.

That's what the CWA did and to a lesser extent the AFA, but they too are giving up more concessions than the "initial ask".

I'm not trying to fight you, but the IAM has backed it self into a corner and now we are at the end of a 1-year struggle on labor restrcuturing. It's almost game, set, match and the IAM needs to do what's right for the membership, not the union.

By the way, I can assure you the IAM knows what needs to be done, they just do not know how to get there, but let's hope that changes.

I'm going out for the rest of the day and if Ido not respond to a question (I never hide), I will tonight.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You are wrong again, the IAM leadership is not talking with the NMB or your so called union.

You don't know any of them personally, you can read names on a bulletin, so you admit you don't know the whole committee? And what about the company's committee? You have implied you talk to them, who are they?

The IAM will do what is best for its members and no one else, the IAM represents workers, not airlines.

And no NMB, ALPA or Wall Street person (same people who told you about the UCT/ICT?) are not present at CCY or in negotiations.

Why don't you just come clean and admit you do not know what is going on and you are speculating?

The IAM knows what needs to be done, but is has to be done fair and equitable, not group is being asked to decimate the rank and file as much as the IAM is, but you don't care as long as you get your $150,000 a year.

Like I have told you time and time again, stay out of the IAM's business and let it and its members decide their own fate, they don't need you telling them what to do. You are an outsider and do not know what is going on, I am on the inside and know exactly what is taking place.

I'm not trying to fight you, but the IAM has backed it self into a corner and now we are at the end of a 1-year struggle on labor restrcuturing. It's almost game, set, match and the IAM needs to do what's right for the membership, not the union.
dude...you ever hear of the fighting machinists???
they like coming off the ropes...just hope we don't take the gloves off too soon....

I have been there and done that and will continue, I even have the T-Shirt to prove it!

700UW said:
The IAM will do what is best for its members and no one else, the IAM represents workers, not airlines.
[post="230033"][/post]​

No airline = no worker to to represent.

By the way there is a statement on or near the first page of every IAM contract. Don't quote me exactly, but it goes something like this "in the best interest of the members and company". Ever read that? ;)