Ireland Winter 06

Dec 4, 2005
I hear U.S are going to continue service into Ireland DUB/SNN thru the winter of next year, seems to be a profitable route as CO and DL adding extra services next year too. Will U.S use 767 in the winter, service both markets seperately or do a wrap in the winter PHL-DUB-SNN-PHL?

I hear U.S are going to continue service into Ireland DUB/SNN thru the winter of next year, seems to be a profitable route as CO and DL adding extra services next year too. Will U.S use 767 in the winter, service both markets seperately or do a wrap in the winter PHL-DUB-SNN-PHL?
if Certificates are merged you might see HP 757 ETOPS aircraft during the winter of 06.

Yeah the 757 is a strong probability for winter 06, would they
have to announce it soon tho, so seats could be sold for nov 06 onwards??

Yeah the 757 is a strong probability for winter 06, would they
have to announce it soon tho, so seats could be sold for nov 06 onwards??

They haven't even announced their summer Europe schedule yet, even though all the other carriers announced theirs a month or two ago. Perhaps that's because they still haven't issued one single lousy press release since the merger about any of the new service on the East side of this company. :down:

The closest they got was the press release last Friday about the cheap Shuttle fares that they issued after the close of business on the East Coast. :blink:

They haven't even announced their summer Europe schedule yet, even though all the other carriers announced theirs a month or two ago. Perhaps that's because they still haven't issued one single lousy press release since the merger about any of the new service on the East side of this company. :down:

The closest they got was the press release last Friday about the cheap Shuttle fares that they issued after the close of business on the East Coast. :blink:

I dont think they even know what the "Media" are or "press releases"

Oh, they had no trouble getting one out today for their new Hawaii flights, they know exactly how to issue them. And I've been complaining about this issue here for weeks, and management reads this board. They're consciously choosing not to issue press releases for the new service in the East.

Take a look at this thread where the complaining has been taking place, and this thread where they screwed up the Shuttle release.

and this thread where they screwed up the Shuttle release.

ringmaruf, I agree that the company should be issuing some kind of press release re: new East service. However, I disagree that the Shuttle release was screwed up. The fares are clearly directed at leisure travelers and DL Shuttle, and the business travelers flying those routes don't care about a $69 fare.

ringmaruf, I agree that the company should be issuing some kind of press release re: new East service. However, I disagree that the Shuttle release was screwed up. The fares are clearly directed at leisure travelers and DL Shuttle, and the business travelers flying those routes don't care about a $69 fare.

You misunderstood me, the content of the release was just fine. It was the issuing it after 5:00 on the Friday where they made their mistake. They clearly didn't consider the time zone difference, and it likely got ignored by some reporters as a result. You try to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope the time zone thing wasn't symptomatic of bigger problems.

I'm just pointing it out and making a big deal about it because I think management reads these boards, and someone will notice me making a big deal about it, and they'll realize they screwed up, and learn and not make the time zone mistake again. Everybody makes mistakes. Just learn from them and try not to make them twice. :)

Edited to add: You're apparently some sort of management. I haven't the slightest idea what you do, but perhaps you might be able to pass along the time zone thing to whoever issues the press releases, and then I'll have accomplished my goal. I'm not complaining about the airline for the fun of it, I'm complaining trying to make things better.

I'm complaining trying to make things better.

That's completely understood. And I did understand about the timing: still it's there to be there and not a huge trumpeting because of the leisure fares. We don't necessarily want to court those, but the market conditions currently demand that particular fare on those routes.

BTW - Nice press release about BOS, and don't worry, Scott Kirby never makes those actual quotes ;)

but perhaps you might be able to pass along the time zone thing to whoever issues the press releases

Point taken. No promises, but I'll nudge a few people I might know...

Oh, they had no trouble getting one out today for their new Hawaii flights, they know exactly how to issue them. And I've been complaining about this issue here for weeks, and management reads this board. They're consciously choosing not to issue press releases for the new service in the East.

Take a look at this thread where the complaining has been taking place, and this thread where they screwed up the Shuttle release.

Instead of using this board to communicate to corporate communications, why don't you just e-mail them? That would be far more productive, they will mostl likely get back to you and give you an answer to your questions at least. Give it a shot..don't count on management spending too much time reading these boards.

What is there to do in Ireland in the winter?

What is there to do in America in the Winter??

Usually the Ireland market is saturated by yanks in the summer, but come november the irish head off in there droves, to places like NYC, SFO, MCO. Nearly every second irish person goes to the U.S for xmas shopping.. EI flts to JFK full during NOV/DEC

What is there to do in America in the Winter??

Usually the Ireland market is saturated by yanks in the summer, but come november the irish head off in there droves, to places like NYC, SFO, MCO. Nearly every second irish person goes to the U.S for xmas shopping.. EI flts to JFK full during NOV/DEC

Latest posts