Is Mda Taking Over Their Own Flts At Phl?

SpinDoc

Veteran
Feb 17, 2003
PIT
Visit site
Six positions were posted this morning for
MidAtlantic Customer Service Supervisors
in PHL. Does anyone know why? Up to this
point, mainline employees have been
handling the gate and ramp duties for
the E70 flights, but it appears that things
are about to change.

I saw somewhere on my last trip that MDA's flights will be moving from D to F concourse.

Jim

Yea...when MDA first starting flying to PHL they used 2 US gates at Terminal D. Now they are using a few gates at Terminal F which is all express. I think MDA is around 18-20 flts a day in PHL.

Yes, MDA will be moving to Terminal F with all the other Express flights.
Also, MDA will be the new handler of flights into This Terminal. It is my understanding that mailine will lose about 60 Fleet Service Employees durring this transition.

Changes at PHL Express

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - US Airways will change its check-in procedures for customers traveling on any of the eight US Airways Express carriers and MidAtlantic Airways from Philadelphia beginning Aug. 8.

Customers will now check in at the F terminal, from which Express and MidAtlantic flights depart. Previously, customers checked in at the ticket counters between terminals B and C, and were bused to the F terminal from gate C16.

The new check-in procedure will alleviate congestion at the B/C ticket counters as well as reduce the transfer time to Express flights for both passengers and baggage. US Airways recommends checking in at least 60 minutes prior to departure.

US Airways Express operates 204 daily departures, and US Airways division MidAtlantic Airways operates 19 daily flights from the F terminal, increasing to 28 daily flights in September.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The new check-in procedure will alleviate congestion at the B/C ticket counters as well as reduce the transfer time to Express flights for both passengers and baggage. US Airways recommends checking in at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
Soon, they won't have to worry about that ... according to all these rumours... Let' just get out of WNs way now shall we??

My "quote's" inop just like everythign else

PHl is adding their own MDA employees for both inside and outside and in DCA they are adding MDA employees just for outside at this time. Thr FS agts being recalled will be working only MDA flights

Hope777 said:
Yes, MDA will be moving to Terminal F with all the other Express flights.

[post="169909"][/post]​

I don't think this is a good idea. It only broadens the gap that currently exists between mainline and MAA employess, who really are one and the same.
MAA is not really an express carrier, except for the letters on the plane of course.

I wonder what they hope to gain by this? More animosity between the two groups of employees? :blink: :unsure:

Moreover, will this really help lessen the confusion among the customers?

Air Conditioned,

I tend to agree. I can only hope that the explaination is that the increase in MDA flights in PHL can't be accomadated at the "mainline" concourses.

On a slightly different note, it is interesting that UAL is seeing fit to offer 3 class service (1st/economy plus/economy) in the Emb-170's operated for them by Republic.

Jim

BoeingBoy,

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for the info.
Hopefully you are right that the reason for the move is for growth reasons and nothing else. Good point. Gotta think positive!

The MDA operation in the Hubs and large stations, is nothing more than Mainline Express with a different name tossed on it. They can't call it Mainline Express, because there are too many Mainline flights in those stations. So they came up with MDA jobs that have close to the same pay and benefits. The top rate is a Whopping $1 an hour more.

:up: Will the company call back the layed off employees at BTV STL DAY MEM
and AVP when MDA takes over or will it remain contract?

Latest posts