Is TAESL shutting its doors in 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA767JET said:
Wow if TAESL shuts down that'll be one less place them Tulsa boys can bump to, Watch out DFW and DWH im sure there's a RIF in the works soon for them Tulsa boys...
Thats not how the process works and you know it. IF there is a rif in tasel or tul. They bump the junior stations. Which certainly are NOT DFW/DWH. Nice try at stirring the pot!

Remember that AA is still covered by the WARN Act which requires a minimum of 60 days written notice of any layoff or reduction in force for us worker bees. It isn't much, but it's better than some management level employees got over the past few years--i.e., "You are not being retained in the reorganization. While you clean out your desk someone will wait here with you to make sure you don't take any company property." (The person being terminated was allowed to gather their personal belongings, then got summarily marched to the front door at Centreport.)

dvlhog212 said:
Thats not how the process works and you know it. IF there is a rif in tasel or tul. They bump the junior stations. Which certainly are NOT DFW/DWH. Nice try at stirring the pot!

The way I remember the RIF procedure. TUL gets riffed most go to DFW or AFW, then the rest of the stations get riffed and go to NY, ORD, or LAX. But I do believe those days are over.

bigjets said:
The way I remember the RIF procedure. TUL gets riffed most go to DFW or AFW, then the rest of the stations get riffed and go to NY, ORD, or LAX. But I do believe those days are over.
That was the past when AFW and DFW had low seniority. One year AFW was red circled so Tulsa couldn't bump in. Now the low seniority is up north or out west.

Remember that AA is still covered by the WARN Act which requires a minimum of 60 days written notice of any layoff or reduction in force for us worker bees. It isn't much, but it's better than some management level employees got over the past few years--i.e., "You are not being retained in the reorganization. While you clean out your desk someone will wait here with you to make sure you don't take any company property." (The person being terminated was allowed to gather their personal belongings, then got summarily marched to the front door at Centreport.)
that's fairly common in American business, esp. in highly competitive industries and where employees have access to key information.

it was a known part of the merger.

Quick question, who's doing the work on the 737,767,787, Airbus and the new 777 engines ?

bigjets said:
Quick question, who's doing the work on the 737,767,787, Airbus and the new 777 engines ?
Idk but we just did a 319 engine change. I visited with a ppoe engineer afterwards to discuss the paperwork and tooling issues we encountered. He stated the bad engine would likely be going to a vendor here locally in dfw fwiw.

dvlhog212 said:
Idk but we just did a 319 engine change. I visited with a ppoe engineer afterwards to discuss the paperwork and tooling issues we encountered. He stated the bad engine would likely be going to a vendor here locally in dfw fwiw.
All 737 CFM56-7's & 767 CF6's are overhauled in Tulsa, the future of the 319's, 321's, NEO's & 787 GEN-X engines is up
in the air. The CFM56-5's QEC kits (319) are installed in Tulsa, and we were told last week that a test cell adapter has been
purchased. The first 321 spare engine had its QEC kit installed in Tulsa and the 2nd is due in the fall, the first GEN-X spare
will also be here in the fall to have its QEC kit installed. If a decision for the future overhaul or check & repair work on the new 
engines has been made they have not told us but the purchase of tooling is encouraging 

Shafted said:
Has anyone heard any info on the status of the TAESL building over at the base formerly known as AFW? Rumors are starting to float around that they will be shutting down soon!
If you go back into the Town Hall archives, you will find the one that took place in TUL....When asked why AA doesn't pursue more contract work for the base, the answer was short and brief.. "Third party work is just a distraction and we have to worry about our own fleet." How we may view TAESL may be different than how the New American views it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back