Is TAESL shutting its doors in 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd like to say I'm wrong because I didn't use the right qualifiers, I'll gladly admit it.

are you willing to admit that AA does in fact contract with GE for its heavy engine overhauls as do apparently DL and UA?

And can you answer the question as to whether any of the big 3 send their large engine overhauls overseas or does GE and RR have exclusive contracts for their respective large 777 engines?

Is that not part of the basis of TAESL, which we are discussing here?

You do realize that DL is a TAESL customer, are they not?

it's not rocket science... either they do or they don't. Large contracts like this aren't top secret info.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
I'm still trying to understand when WT became such an expert on where engine overhauls are done... that's a pretty big stretch from revenue management.

Last I knew, the warranty period on aircraft engines was the lesser of 60 months on the wing and/or something around 5000 flight hours. An airline like AA or DL is probably out of warranty within a year based on hours.

Maybe someone knowledgeable knows otherwise and can correct me.
world traveler will be back soon he knows it all!

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, and HAECO is doing AA's 777 overhauls if I recall.

That's probably not proof enough for WT, though. I'm sure there will be a new set of qualifiers by dinner time.

Reactions: 2 people
I would bet LH Techlink can do GE90s as well as Singapore Technologies.

Guess he doesnt remember that THY in Tukery overhauls engines as they had the uncontained failure on the ValuJet engine.

Wonder who overhauled the JT8 that killed passengers on the Delta MD80?

Status
Not open for further replies.