Is TAESL shutting its doors in 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and in the United States, what other providers other than GE overhaul GE 90 engines?

whether AA or DL could or not, they haven't.

WorldTraveler said:
and in the United States, what other providers other than GE overhaul GE 90 engines?

whether AA or DL could or not, they haven't.

And while you could've been more specific in your original response, you weren't.

This was the OPs question ...

Quick question, who's doing the work on ...the new 777 engines ?

The OP doesn't specify just the US.

Your initial response was wrong and topdawg called you on it.

Reactions: 1 person
Sure, GE allows overhauls on their big engines outside of the US but unless US airlines are willing to send their work overseas, it isn't relevant.

again, if you can let me know what engine overhauls AA or DL send out of the US and I suppose UA now for their GE 90 engines.

specific to the OP's question, can you tell me who other than AA or GE is servicing AA's 773ER engines?

thus, my response is based on where US carriers would seek engine overhauls and specifically AA or DL's on the 773ER/772LR....

for a bonus, you can throw in Air Canada

If the engine is owned by the airline GE has NO say on who overhauls it unless the airline has a contract with GE for the overhaul.

And airplane and its parts are sent all over the world for repair and overhaul.

Guess you cant find that on one of your excel spreadsheets.

WorldTraveler said:
Sure, GE allows overhauls on their big engines outside of the US but unless US airlines are willing to send their work overseas, it isn't relevant.

again, if you can let me know what engine overhauls AA or DL send out of the US and I suppose UA now for their GE 90 engines.

specific to the OP's question, can you tell me who other than AA or GE is servicing AA's 773ER engines?

thus, my response is based on where US carriers would seek engine overhauls and specifically AA or DL's on the 773ER/772LR....

for a bonus, you can throw in Air Canada

Its entirely relevant. 

The OP never specified "just in the US" in his post, to which you erroneous answered " GE No alternatives"

There clearly are "alternatives" that have been pointed out by others, and even you in your latest post where you clearly acknowledge that the work does go on overseas.

Trying to re-qualify your remarks to appear less wrong isn't fooling anyone.

Its entirely relevant. 

The OP never specified "just in the US" in his post, to which you erroneous answered " GE No alternatives"

There clearly are "alternatives" that have been pointed out by others, and even you in your latest post where you clearly acknowledge that the work does go on overseas.

Trying to re-qualify your remarks to appear less wrong isn't fooling anyone.
just tell me what engine overhauls AA does overseas and then it might be a relevant point.

I don't drive a forklift or anything else for AA.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to find that AA is having its engine overhauls done in close proximity to where its widebody overhauls are done.

That's going overseas.

Given how much widebody overhaul work is done in North America right now, it's not at all surprising to see that nobody wants to invest in doing GE engine overhauls here. Perhaps that forced GE to set up their own operation, and wasn't by choice.

perhaps... but can you provide evidence of that?

I'm sure someone can correct me but I am certain that GE incorporated exclusive overhauls as part of the GE 90 from when the engine was developed and became the sole engine on the 772LR and 773ER.

Even if other companies have been authorized by GE to do the work overseas, GE has licensed them.

BTW, GE has nothing to do with TAESL other than that, unless someone else says otherwise, Rolls-Royce also asked for and got exclusive maintenance agreements on several major engines including the Trents on the 772ER which AA and DL fly.

Again, someone can argue the point otherwise, but I don't believe there is another US company authorized to do those overhauls besides TAESL.

dawg can say it is because AA and DL don't want to invest in the test cell but the volume of business is likely not there to compete with GE or RR specifically because few widebody overhauls are coming to the US.

Not sure about AA, but DL does insource narrowbody engine overhauls to the US from overseas even without doing the airframe overhauls. Not sure if they can or do insource widebody engines overhauls but airframe and engine overhauls are not necessarily linked to the same location.

WorldTraveler said:
just tell me what engine overhauls AA does overseas and then it might be a relevant point.

I don't drive a forklift or anything else for AA.

What AA does or doesn't work overseas has nothing to do with your erroneous statement.

You claimed there were no alternatives - there are.  No amount of "after the fact" re-qualifying is going to make your initial statement true. 

you can argue YOUR POINT all you want, but unless AA or DL or UA actually send engine overhauls overseas - specifically for the GE 90, there are no alternatives.

If you want to prove me wrong, then provide evidence that someone other than GE in the US does or has the contract to do AA's engine overhauls on the GE90s that power the 773ERs.

and I have to laugh at the number of mechanics who are lining up to try and prove me wrong when I am arguing that engine overhauls are and should be done in the US and you all are trying to convince me that overhauls could be sent to other countries.

It's the jobs of US mechanics at stake, not mine.

WorldTraveler said:
you can argue YOUR POINT all you want, but unless AA or DL or UA actually send engine overhauls overseas - specifically for the GE 90, there are no alternatives.

If you want to prove me wrong, then provide evidence that someone other than GE in the US does or has the contract to do AA's engine overhauls on the GE90s that power the 773ERs.

and I have to laugh at the number of mechanics who are lining up to try and prove me wrong when I am arguing that engine overhauls are and should be done in the US and you all are trying to convince me that overhauls could be sent to other countries.

It's the jobs of US mechanics at stake, not mine.

I and others have already proven you wrong, you simply lack the integrity to admit it.

Again, the original question ... note there is no qualifier for only in the US.

Quick question, who's doing the work on ...the new 777 engines ?

Again your initial answer .... note you also made no qualifier for only in the US.

GE.

No alternatives.

Are there alternatives? YES there are.

You claimed there wasn't, and have been trying to defend your erroneous statement by adding qualifiers the initial question never contained.

And your inability to provide evidence that AA, DL, or UA send their heavy engine overhauls overseas proves your own lack of integrity.

If AA actually has a contract with someone else to provide overhaul maintenance besides GE, it wouldn't take much to provide that evidence and prove me wrong.

My ORIGINAL statement still stands.

AA, DL, and UA obviously do their heavy overhauls on GE90s with GE.

IF there is an alternative, none of them have taken it up.

WorldTraveler said:
And your inability to provide evidence that AA, DL, or UA send their heavy engine overhauls overseas proves your own lack of integrity.

If AA actually has a contract with someone else to provide overhaul maintenance besides GE, it wouldn't take much to provide that evidence and prove me wrong.

My ORIGINAL statement still stands.

AA, DL, and UA obviously do their heavy overhauls on GE90s with GE.

IF there is an alternative, none of them have taken it up.

You're original statement was wrong, but thanks for once again displaying your lack of integrity.

I'm still trying to understand when WT became such an expert on where engine overhauls are done... that's a pretty big stretch from revenue management.

Last I knew, the warranty period on aircraft engines was the lesser of 60 months on the wing and/or something around 5000 flight hours. An airline like AA or DL is probably out of warranty within a year based on hours.

Maybe someone knowledgeable knows otherwise and can correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.