Isp, Ewr, And Mia Next?

what ever happened with Melbourne? That part of the state is probably the next big thing now that Dade and Broward are packed. FLL to me is a better experience than MIA. The traffic on 826 and 836 is allways bad. Anyway, I don't work for B6 but I talk with some of the pilots who park at the same lot as we do. I'm an airline junkie I guess.

Not so sure about that, WN knows a thing or two, as a matter of fact, more than three. Besides, it would probably be a war of attrition. Sure, the consumer might win, but not neccesarily good for either airline.

I think B6 is a better deal as far as getting where you want to go without driving 90 miles out of the way. However, I never met anyone who would want to spend more than an hour in an emb., no matter how far you stretch it out.

Bagbelt said:
I think B6 is a better deal as far as getting where you want to go without driving 90 miles out of the way. However, I never met anyone who would want to spend more than an hour in an emb., no matter how far you stretch it out.
[post="182445"][/post]​

The EMBs that jetBlue are getting are not typical cramped RJs. They are more 717/Fokker 100 like. United Express' EMBs even have three seat clases: Businesss, Economy Plus, and Economy. They don't sacrifice much on interior comfort like the smaller RJs.

And even if you have never met anyone who wants to spend more than an hour on an RJ, every year, millions of people do, so it really doesn't matter.

coolflyingfool said:
Lots of jets available now, thanks to USAir. I think Jetblue should try to move up and get some a little sooner and boost service now. Just my thoughts.......
[post="182525"][/post]​
Lots of 170's available. JetBlue is getting the 190 which hasn't even been certified yet.

You're right about that MAH. There is a butt for every seat. The only operational problem we ever have is the plane is at the lower limit of most jetbridges. The autoleveler can't be used either. I just had to remove one that an agent drove into a plane the other day. But they beat flying on the ATR'S.

SW has seen plenty of low fare and "other" competition. Anyone remember B6's entry into ATL? DL/FL had a few things to say about that. Also, you can count on the usual response from AA and CO in MIA, EWR respectively. B6 was beaten in ATL, why would MIA/EWR/ISP be any different? Airliners need to try like heck to make money - and going up against titans in MIA/EWR would be the same as ATL - lots of new flights, low yields, and see who blinks first.

PS: Bringing B6 into ISP may not be so bad - WN just completed a $65M expansion project at ISP - night and day from the old terminal. New food court, working air conditioning (!), and Irish pub. B6 would be in the "old" terminal, and pax coming into ISP to fly B6 would see a big difference in appearance - could be some nice free publicity for WN.

Yep, and when the fly down to Florida and enjoy LiveTV,XM radio, and pay per movies all in a reserved seat they will see clearly how inferior WN's product is. I like SWA they have been good to me traveling but their product is going to need enhancements in the future.