ISP UPDATE!!!!!!!

PLANES333

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Under the new schedule, US AIR has made some changes to their ISP schedule. All PHL flights will be reverted back to the 37 seat Dash-8''s. The two ALB flights will change from the Dahs-8''s to the BE1900C''s operated by Colgan air.
US will also cxcl to 9:15 PHL (Which originates in ALB) and add a 6:00 AM departure. All other PHL flight times are unchanged.

This is an improvement. All service now reverts to Allegheny rather than Piedmont--the 50 seat Dashes were ok but when there was a problem there were multiple cancellations.

I just can't wait for them to have jets......

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/7/2002 9:05:26 PM PLANES333 wrote:

Under the new schedule, US AIR has made some changes to their ISP schedule. All PHL flights will be reverted back to the 37 seat Dash-8's. The two ALB flights will change from the Dahs-8's to the BE1900C's operated by Colgan air.
US will also cxcl to 9:15 PHL (Which originates in ALB) and add a 6:00 AM departure. All other PHL flight times are unchanged.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Well, isn't that nice.
Don't know if it exactly rates SEVEN exclamation points on the 'excite-o-meter', though...
Maybe four or five...

Thank you Art @ Isp and I was very sorry to hear of your horrific experience at PHL a couple of weeks ago. From all of your posts, I believe you are a fair and just person, you didn't deserve that.

Coolflyingfool,

Thank you for your note of support. Things don't usually go that badly, but it does happen--it just was worse since my family was with me. I have flown US since, and now am awaiting a response from their corporate management.

Thanks again and good luck!

Although not officially announces, Deltamatic is showing that in early JAN 03 two CRJ flights will be replaced with the new 70 seat RJs. That makes for a total of 4 daily CRJ-700 flights into ISP out of the 6 Delta Connection flights.
I know this is small potatoes, but hey its something right?
I also would look for an increased number of flights to BOS if not by AA, then either by US, CO or DL. When WN entered the ISP-BOSTON area market, CO and US pulled away, not being able to compete with the low fares and friends fly free promos. AA also decreased their frequencies from 9 to 5 and now to 4. THE ISP-BOS market not only holds promise or O&D but also to connecting traffic. The market although not as strong as NYC-BOS is too strong for airlines to overlook.

Eagle was cut at ISP for a variety of reasons. A few of which were ASM's. Mgt can't keep giving RJ's to Eagle, that's why they are going to STL.

I would look for mgt to increase the ISP flying with LUV exiting the the PVD market.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/9/2002 12:35:51 AM mga707 wrote:

Well, isn't that nice.
Don't know if it exactly rates SEVEN exclamation points on the 'excite-o-meter', though...
Maybe four or five...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Correct, MegaOldies. The only time seven exclamatories would be justified is if Herb announces the long-desired nonstop to Boise. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

Hey Art I was near ISP last week and a new hotel is under construction at Veterans & Ocean in Bohemia...THANK GOD!! Any idea what brand it is?? There were no signs :(

Does WN still plan to create a hub at ISP? Ending service to PVD does not speak well of the hub idea. I thought they were planning to use ISP to relieve BWI? Do you think PVD - ISP nonstops will return when the new terminal is finally built?

Right now SW only flies from ISP to Florida, BWI, BNA and MDW. The runway I believe limits the range of aircraft so it can't reach MCI. So if you are not going to fly to BUF, MHT, PVD, than I would agree that there is little reason to build a hub.

Runway 6-24 at ISP is the same length as the runways at LGA, 7000 ft. Although this might limit transcons (they are possible under most conditions), there are no further limitations.

I just think that there wasn't enough ridership for ISP-PVD due to the annoyance factor. It is easier under most circumstances to drive and take the ferry from Orient Point. I know that if I don't have to fly elsewhere from Providence or Boston, that would be my choice...then again WN was never an option for me in the first place.

My hope is that other carriers see an opportunity here. I agree with PLANES-there is a market for ISP-BOS.