It's All In The Messaging

SS255

Veteran
Aug 10, 2004
LAX via AVP
Somebody sent this article to me via e-mail.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jetblue-airways-names-bonny-simi-vice-president-talent-128178023.html

While it is specifically about JetBlue, I found it very interesting that the title which this woman was given appears to be a reflection upon how JetBlue views their employees, and seems to be in keeping with their corporate culture. Heck, I wish that we had a VP like this at my company!

I don't know if US has any equivalent position, but perhaps if somebody high enough up in Tempe sees this article, it will provide some inspiration. ;)

Somebody sent this article to me via e-mail.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jetblue-airways-names-bonny-simi-vice-president-talent-128178023.html

While it is specifically about JetBlue, I found it very interesting that the title which this woman was given appears to be a reflection upon how JetBlue views their employees, and seems to be in keeping with their corporate culture. Heck, I wish that we had a VP like this at my company!

I don't know if US has any equivalent position, but perhaps if somebody high enough up in Tempe sees this article, it will provide some inspiration. ;)

What a nice article and window into how and why JetBlue is profitable. US Airways suffers from NIH Syndrome, (NIH= Not Invented Here) and I'm really not knocking US here either as more companies pursue the US Airways approach than the JetBlue, WN, CostCo, NuCor approach which is why these highly successful companies mentioned seem like a dream come true for workers.

What a nice article and window into how and why JetBlue is profitable. US Airways suffers from NIH Syndrome, (NIH= Not Invented Here) and I'm really not knocking US here either as more companies pursue the US Airways approach than the JetBlue, WN, CostCo, NuCor approach which is why these highly successful companies mentioned seem like a dream come true for workers.
Hey now, US had someone in charge of morale for a while...even took a survey... :lol:

Jim

Back