JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck said:
Try this one: At the Mechanic Maintenance Competition this year Parker approached the mechanics of our team and after some discussion, that we should have a contract at the end of September..
This may be true Buck,  but imo, parkers not runnin the joint, his middle upper vp's/ managers are, he's just a mouthpiece and a carnival barker. They're the ones that will decide when we have an agreement.

1AA said:
Hey if you don't like it in Tulsa you can always transfer to a line station. Remember years back Tulsa always told us New York boys that same line. Not to sound like I'm rubbing it in but we all need to be on the same page. If you have 7 day coverage and multiple shifts then the CS policy for the line should be similar for all stations. I say similar but not identical. My understanding is Tulsa has 7 day coverage and two shifts. CS should be allowed. This is why the new AA wants it contractual.
Yes we do need to be on the same page but you guys have been saying for years that the line is different than overhaul.  Therefore we need some kind of policy that fits us.  We are not asking for something unreasonable.  You guys work doubles and take days off and save vacation.  That will not be available to us so we need something different.  Like being able to adjust our start/stop times by 2 hours for example.  Lighten up on the Tulsa hate.  I voted no on all that stuff that you hate me for.

OldGuy@AA said:
Yes we do need to be on the same page but you guys have been saying for years that the line is different than overhaul.  Therefore we need some kind of policy that fits us.  We are not asking for something unreasonable.  You guys work doubles and take days off and save vacation.  That will not be available to us so we need something different.  Like being able to adjust our start/stop times by 2 hours for example.  Lighten up on the Tulsa hate.  I voted no on all that stuff that you hate me for.
I don't hate you. Just brought out a past point of divisiveness that has led us to where we are today. Until we all support each other as one group with identical responsibilities and goals we will continue to analyze what's mine and not mine and this does or does not affect me. AKA, I Got Mine.

1AA said:
I don't hate you. Just brought out a past point of divisiveness that has led us to where we are today. Until we all support each other as one group with identical responsibilities and goals we will continue to analyze what's mine and not mine and this does or does not affect me. AKA, I Got Mine.
So we are going to continue to not support each other by demanding a CS policy that makes it impossible for some in Tulsa to take advantage of?  I guess I don't understand that way of thinking.  I guess you don't understand that the vast majority of morons who voted the last couple of contracts in are gone so you are wishing ill on people who did support you in the past.  Thanks.  I still would not vote on anything or wish for anything that would negatively affect the line.  But rock on Homie.  I guess I won't waste any more time here as it is all about line and nobody else.  I'll shut up and keep taking vacation time to make doctor's appointments.  Thanks

1AA said:
Hey if you don't like it in Tulsa you can always transfer to a line station. Remember years back Tulsa always told us New York boys that same line. Not to sound like I'm rubbing it in but we all need to be on the same page. If you have 7 day coverage and multiple shifts then the CS policy for the line should be similar for all stations. I say similar but not identical. My understanding is Tulsa has 7 day coverage and two shifts. CS should be allowed. This is why the new AA wants it contractual.
Hangar 1&2 is one shop made up of several docks. 7 Day coverage? well yes but it is a mixture of 5/8's  M-F , Days , Afternoons and Midnights. Friday and Saturday off or Sunday and Monday off.

Then on top of that there are 4/10's  Saturday thru Tuesday with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off with Days  and Afternoon shifts. As for CS, management seems to be reasonable  depending on the reason. 

OldGuy@AA said:
So we are going to continue to not support each other by demanding a CS policy that makes it impossible for some in Tulsa to take advantage of?  I guess I don't understand that way of thinking.  I guess you don't understand that the vast majority of morons who voted the last couple of contracts in are gone so you are wishing ill on people who did support you in the past.  Thanks.  I still would not vote on anything or wish for anything that would negatively affect the line.  But rock on Homie.  I guess I won't waste any more time here as it is all about line and nobody else.  I'll shut up and keep taking vacation time to make doctor's appointments.  Thanks 
we on the line and in the bases us and aa amts its now important we all stick together. like you said the guys who helped vote in the pos bk contract were in it  for the early out,we all need to stick together and get the contract we deserve.  we know the company is going to do any thing in there power to devide us like they allways do, and we know the unions will to. but the company and unions are not in it for our best intrest ,were the ones who live with the contract. so we need to make it happen this time. fight the company and unions not our selfs. lets let the pass be water under the bridge. in the contract  we need one that works for the bases what ever that entails and one for the line . lets not let the union and company screw up our cs policys by making a one size fits all .  

OldGuy@AA said:
You did not understand the intent of my posts. I guess your having a bad day. BTW, I have not voted YES on any contract during my time at AA represented by the TWU. If people supported me in the past every contract would have been voted down and Little would have probably forced it on us.

conehead777 said:
we on the line and in the bases us and aa amts its now important we all stick together. like you said the guys who helped vote in the pos bk contract were in it  for the early out,we all need to stick together and get the contract we deserve.  we know the company is going to do any thing in there power to devide us like they allways do, and we know the unions will to. but the company and unions are not in it for our best intrest ,were the ones who live with the contract. so we need to make it happen this time. fight the company and unions not our selfs. lets let the pass be water under the bridge. in the contract  we need one that works for the bases what ever that entails and one for the line . lets not let the union and company screw up our cs policys by making a one size fits all .  
Good post.  

I posted this earlier this year and I feel it needs to be repeated. Never forget that the company's most productive tactic is to devide and conquer. We have already given the company a huge advantage with the creation of the association. IAMPF vs. defined benifit and matching 401k. LUS seniority vs. LAA seniority. Line maintenance vs. base maintenance. One of the tools used to get yes votes that I find particularly underhanded is to offer tasty retirement packages in exchange for selling less senior employees down the river. Everyone here has been a casualty of that tactic and when it happens numerous Union leaders are usually the first ones to take the money and run! When the Association and the company emerge from the negotiations with a tentative agreement, there will be many unhappy members. The company and the Association's goal is a passing vote of 50%+1. Everyone will have to decide for themselves when they are satisfied. I am willing to hold out for more for ALL of us that stay and fight for what we have been promised and what we have earned.

BeechDriver said:
I posted this earlier this year and I feel it needs to be repeated. Never forget that the company's most productive tactic is to devide and conquer. We have already given the company a huge advantage with the creation of the association. IAMPF vs. defined benifit and matching 401k. LUS seniority vs. LAA seniority. Line maintenance vs. base maintenance. One of the tools used to get yes votes that I find particularly underhanded is to offer tasty retirement packages in exchange for selling less senior employees down the river. Everyone here has been a casualty of that tactic and when it happens numerous Union leaders are usually the first ones to take the money and run! When the Association and the company emerge from the negotiations with a tentative agreement, there will be many unhappy members. The company and the Association's goal is a passing vote of 50%+1. Everyone will have to decide for themselves when they are satisfied. I am willing to hold out for more for ALL of us that stay and fight for what we have been promised and what we have earned.
Good points, but in all fairness, the TWU was the main producer of the tactic of divide and conquer between the base and overhaul. The used the sheer voting TUL bloc power to pass their agenda. With respect to those "tasty" retirement packages, the TWU allowed it. They told the younger workers they had to think about the older workers. Let's give credit where credit is due.

BeechDriver said:
I agree and will pledge to do the same.  I challenge others to do the same.

Buck said:
Try this one: At the Mechanic Maintenance Competition this year Parker approached the mechanics of our team and after some discussion, that we should have a contract at the end of September..
Does anyone at AA think this will happen?
I don't think the company and ass have even swapped openers on the big sections of the contract yet. (Pay/scope/retirement/Insurance)

Buck said:
You guys act like your votes are going to make a difference?
The last contract passed by a total of 48 votes.  I stood on a corner holding a vote no sign for several days.  I think all the time that if I could have convinced 25 more people to vote no it would have failed. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back