JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
topDawg said:
Does anyone at AA think this will happen?I don't think the company and ass have even swapped openers on the big sections of the contract yet. (Pay/scope/retirement/Insurance)
They have agreed to 18 articles, the association gave the company their opener last December and no they haven't gotten to the big items yet.

700UW said:
They have agreed to 18 articles, the association gave the company their opener last December and no they haven't gotten to the big items yet.
Thanks for confirming something we know....

topDawg said:
Does anyone at AA think this will happen?I don't think the company and ass have even swapped openers on the big sections of the contract yet. (Pay/scope/retirement/Insurance)

700UW said:

Flying low said:
Thanks for confirming something we know....

OldGuy@AA said:
The last contract passed by a total of 48 votes.  I stood on a corner holding a vote no sign for several days.  I think all the time that if I could have convinced 25 more people to vote no it would have failed. 
But along with the 48 vote passage, the TWU and the Company were stating  that 4000 were going to be laid off, then after the vote, it was disclosed the actually the 48 votes was in fact the truth.

Buck said:
But along with the 48 vote passage, the TWU and the Company were stating  that 4000 were going to be laid off, then after the vote, it was disclosed the actually the 48 votes was in fact the truth.
As usual the TWU proved that by using fear they could convince people to vote against their own best interests.  But we will always regret the pilots sucking up to Parker and pushing a merge with US Air and thinking Parker would treat them well while he was screwing his own employees ears off.  The Pilots Union convinced the board to accept the merge and the rest is history.  I often wonder why just about every AMT I knew thought the merge was a terrible idea but the pilots thought it was great?  

OldGuy@AA said:
As usual the TWU proved that by using fear they could convince people to vote against their own best interests.  But we will always regret the pilots sucking up to Parker and pushing a merge with US Air and thinking Parker would treat them well while he was screwing his own employees ears off.  The Pilots Union convinced the board to accept the merge and the rest is history.  I often wonder why just about every AMT I knew thought the merge was a terrible idea but the pilots thought it was great?  

my thoughts and i do not know how they could not see that, for goodness sakes parker had a lot of trouble in is own backyard but is talking to aa union but having some of the lowest paid work groups at us and not talking to them

Another lame and lazy week of negotiations. Are hours of work and training really that complicated? I see we are now scheduled thru August. The new leadership at DWH was trying to sell the idea of a June contract. Lol, just one of several promises the new guy can't back up. It seems to be a theme with this new management team. Promise everything, deliver nothing!

There is plenty difference and there is no leverage for the union in Section 6, until a 30 day cooling off period.

You do know the RLA was enacted to prevent the disruption of interstate commerce.

dvlhog212 said:
Another lame and lazy week of negotiations. Are hours of work and training really that complicated? I see we are now scheduled thru August. The new leadership at DWH was trying to sell the idea of a June contract. Lol, just one of several promises the new guy can't back up. It seems to be a theme with this new management team. Promise everything, deliver nothing!
Whose the new guy? Pike still shows on the 567 website.

DallasConehead said:
Whose the new guy? Pike still shows on the 567 website.
Management side. Chris Hentz from LAX. He is making all sorts of promises.

Why should we be in a hurry to get a new contract? The iam is in charge and they have already agreed to concessions on our sick time and IOD time.

767 mechanic said:
Why should we be in a hurry to get a new contract? The iam is in charge and they have already agreed to concessions on our sick time and IOD time.
Really?
Post the concessions.

And the TWU still has to approve any changes at the table, its not a dictatorship.

Currently at US mechanics get 10 sick days a year and that's what has been signed off in the JCBA, so show me th concessions

It only took 8 minutes to draw you out of your hole. Yes concessions we had 12 sick days in 2003 before it was time to board the twu concession train. Even though the twu wanted to get back to the 12 days the iam didn't want to fight for the 12 days and settled for 10 days in the TA. 

767 mechanic said:
It only took 8 minutes to draw you out of your hole. Yes concessions we had 12 sick days in 2003 before it was time to board the twu concession train. Even though the twu wanted to get back to the 12 days the iam didn't want to fight for the 12 days and settled for 10 days in the TA. 
You do realize the TWU side has to sign off the IAM doesnt have the power to agree to something without the TWU also agreeing?

How many sick days does PMAA have now?

If you have 10, and you agree to 10 in the JCBA, its not a concession.

So since you dont get your pension back is that a concession too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back