JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nelson said:
Seniority Integration: Joshua Javits

Not sure if you guys got the same update as Fleet but I'll assume the anti union Javits is handling your seniority recommendations as well. The real bio of Javits is as follows.

From my dealings with him, he is a anti union piece of crap. When George Bush appointed him in 1988 to lead the Republican controlled NMB, his NMB ruled against the Teamsters at US AIRWAYS and ordered an unnecessary vote.

The rules to the election were a joke. US AIRWAYS violated our rights left and right. I flew up to the NMB offices to make an appeal. Javits assigned an investigator to hear my complaint. The Teamster lawyers argued for a laker ballot or key ballot to penalize the company for such violation. Javits NMB ruled for us against the blatant US AIRWAYS election interferrance but didn't penalize the company or order any Laker or Key ballot.

He is not only a Republican, but a Republican appointee by George Bush Sr. That's the story, and our ridiculous 2 Labor organizations are putting our seniority in his hands instead of figuring the things out itself. Putting this stuff in the hands of 3rd parties is a very very bad decision.
Agree.  That would not be good if he is the chosen one.

Tim Nelson said:
Seniority Integration: Joshua Javits

Not sure if you guys got the same update as Fleet but I'll assume the anti union Javits is handling your seniority recommendations as well. The real bio of Javits is as follows.

From my dealings with him, he is a anti union piece of crap. When George Bush appointed him in 1988 to lead the Republican controlled NMB, his NMB ruled against the Teamsters at US AIRWAYS and ordered an unnecessary vote.

The rules to the election were a joke. US AIRWAYS violated our rights left and right. I flew up to the NMB offices to make an appeal. Javits assigned an investigator to hear my complaint. The Teamster lawyers argued for a laker ballot or key ballot to penalize the company for such violation. Javits NMB ruled for us against the blatant US AIRWAYS election interferrance but didn't penalize the company or order any Laker or Key ballot.

He is not only a Republican, but a Republican appointee by George Bush Sr. That's the story, and our ridiculous 2 Labor organizations are putting our seniority in his hands instead of figuring the things out itself. Putting this stuff in the hands of 3rd parties is a very very bad decision.
Are you speaking of the time when you guys were Teamsters and he forced you to vote and your coworkers voted to go non-union?  If that's the case, I remember like it was yesterday

I also agree that it is a bad decision to have our Lead seniority issue involved with an arbitrator this early in the game.  since we really never hear what going on behind closed doors, this doesn't look good for either side.

I thank we should get to vote on the seniority not decided by folks who do not get to live by there action . Oh how could I forget the association dose not like for our votes to be counted since the association is unelected on the property. our voice are not being herd are carried out. It's time to get rid of the twu/Iam . I don't know about the us air side. But it seems on the aa side with the twu that there are always issues that the fa and pilots do not seem to have. The equity for one thing . In the 2003 pay cuts the pilots got snap back we did not. When the pilots and flight attendants are picketing where has the twu been. When the twu has gone first even with the me to clauses we got screwed when the other groups got way better and the me to clause never kicked in. And the twu always seems to be on the company side. When the president of the pilots union wrote Parker where was the association.and why want the association let us no what's going on . It's time that the association is removed from the property

Reactions: 2 people
What is so difficult about combining the lists? Or, is there some muck up that the ass cant seem to figure out?  Anyone know whats the deal?

Any chance of getting a restraining order on this?  I mean the only way to do it fairly is to have a vote.  Since we haven't got to vote on a single thing with this association I think we should look into it before it's too late.  Anyone know a lawyer?

Reactions: 1 person
DallasConehead said:
What is so difficult about combining the lists? Or, is there some muck up that the ass cant seem to figure out?  Anyone know whats the deal?
Yes, this is more about the crew chief seniority.
But have we ALL not had enough of this TWU-IAM-ASS crap?
Certainly if the Brits can rid themselves of the EU, we can rid ourselves of the TWU.

Are you speaking of the time when you guys were Teamsters and he forced you to vote and your coworkers voted to go non-union?  If that's the case, I remember like it was yesterday

I also agree that it is a bad decision to have our Lead seniority issue involved with an arbitrator this early in the game.  since we really never hear what going on behind closed doors, this doesn't look good for either side.
Remember, Javits ruled for lead ratios between sUA and sCO. He completely effed things up. Every so sUA leads, then a sCO lead. These idiot arbitrators want to apply fairness to everyone but in doing so they eff it all up. Never ever allow arbitrators and hired guns to do the work that a Union should do by figuring out seniority. Why do we have a seniority integration team?

The membership has authorized the International which must have authorized the negotiating committee to act on their behalf through the Union Constitution and By-laws and the payment of dues.

The bylaws of the iam are breached with the association. According to the bylaws, the district is suppose to have the negotiation rights and its interpretation.

Under the association, the rights are given to the Association.

MetalMover said:
Yes, this is more about the crew chief seniority.
But have we ALL not had enough of this TWU-IAM-ASS crap?
Certainly if the Brits can rid themselves of the EU, we can rid ourselves of the TWU.

Ok, so, LUS has CC seniority whereas LAA uses title group occupational, the union wants to have a neutral decide, probably after written arguments have been submitted.  This gets the ass and the unions out of the decision making process, thus they can avoid the dfr.  I would guess they all agreed on the neutral.

I hate to say but, its a smart decision in my IMO.  Just seems like they should have thought of this crap 6 months ago, why is it these guys are so freaking slow at everything?

DallasConehead said:

Ok, so, LUS has CC seniority whereas LAA uses title group occupational, the union wants to have a neutral decide, probably after written arguments have been submitted.  This gets the ass and the unions out of the decision making process, thus they can avoid the dfr.  I would guess they all agreed on the neutral.

I hate to say but, its a smart decision in my IMO.  Just seems like they should have thought of this crap 6 months ago, why is it these guys are so freaking slow at everything?
I agree. Like I said earlier, neither side wants to concede their methodology for cc/lead seniority. Also, my understanding is that this will be an "expedited: arbitration process. Not, "i will render my decision within 90 days."

I have asked this before and never got a response.  Is there a way to come up with a hybrid system? Any ideas out there?  Or do you all think it will go one way or the other?  Could it be that all CC's would retain there positions on seniority list where they are now as long as they don't interchange to the other groups locations.  Other than a hybrid system with some sort of grandfather clause, I would think they would put through the current system being used by the largest group.  With that said others will argue that US bought AA and theirs should stand to rule.  No matter the out come you guys are right, this is not a good thing for an outsider to decide.  I am shocked that this asso. has not been able to come up with something from their seniority integration cmte.  Something from the inside (even with changes) is much better than something from an outsider---remember that guys.  Wonder if you guys could push your asso. to keep working on this issue and hammer something out from the inside. Would be worth a try don't you all think?  Good luck...

MetalMover said:
I agree. Like I said earlier, neither side wants to concede their methodology for cc/lead seniority. Also, my understanding is that this will be an "expedited: arbitration process. Not, "i will render my decision within 90 days."
That's what scares me to death. An expedited arbitration (someone having to quickly come up with a remedy) being decided by an outsider=====not a good outcome in my opinion...

Crew Chief seniority is BS, title one is title one.  If an AMT wants to take a CC job in his later years with the firm for whatever reason, he shouldn't lose his seniority.  I have heard both sides of the argument.  Tired of seeing AMTs always being limited; if not by mangement, then by their own union,  Same goes for maintenance control jobs.  The other issue is AA has title one AMTs & title two mechanics - auto and facilities. On the other hand, US Air has Mechanics who do different jobs based on whatever they bid and hold with the proper credentials.  The idea to rectify that - was give the A&P licensed mechanics a period of time to decide if they want to be aircraft mechanics or stay doing whatever they are currently doing.  The AFL/CIO rocket scientists saddled us with this mess of an association.  

Reactions: 5 people
Vortilon said:
Crew Chief seniority is BS, title one is title one.  If an AMT wants to take a CC job in his later years with the firm for whatever reason, he shouldn't lose his seniority.  I have heard both sides of the argument.  Tired of seeing AMTs always being limited; if not by mangement, then by their own union,  Same goes for maintenance control jobs.  The other issue is AA has title one AMTs & title two mechanics - auto and facilities. On the other hand, US Air has Mechanics who do different jobs based on whatever they bid and hold with the proper credentials.  The idea to rectify that - was give the A&P licensed mechanics a period of time to decide if they want to be aircraft mechanics or stay doing whatever they are currently doing.  The AFL/CIO rocket scientists saddled us with this mess of an association.  
The point is that the CC job is not management and we should not lose AMT time while a CC.  

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.