JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet. **New and improved 2.0 version**

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, sounds about right. i won't watch those videos again to confirm.

maybe the company has an out clause and is extremely friendly with an irving tx. based airline support company?

how many millions in saved labor costs go straight to our top level execs.?

- the article states that aa has gotten another fly-by-night company to handle freight in phl?

Actually G2 is not a fly by night outfit. It’s an outfit that is very wrapped up in some of the former AA Executives pockets. During the BK before the Merger Tom DelValle was named as their CEO that F’n POS. He was the guy who was negotiating with our team and before the BK threw down a Final Offer that took away our Cabin Service jobs. It’s pretty simple to see where that work was intended to be transferred too.

Since none of that happened Tom only lasted at G2 for 3 years and they dumped him. Assumably cause he couldn’t secure OUR work from the new AA.

Well the Company made a claim in their presentation about having Freight in the Hubs as I recall. The illusion being that we would be doing Freight in ALL the Hubs. But then we get this little bit of news of the Company signing a new contract with G2?

I’d like to know some more about this Contract if I were speaking for the Association? The Company says they want Catering in that Station. Has the Association made a pass to regain old lost work?
WeAAs,
I believe the company made the claim about cargo in the hubs “ AS IT IS TODAY”. PHL is a hub but does not have cargo “TODAY”. Just another way of the company misleading the membership. IMO that also means that non hub stations like Las, Lax and possibly Phx ( if Phx is no longer classified as a hub) will not have cargo as proposed by the company.
What do you mean about regaining old lost work? Re-opening stations?

Does anyone here want to actually converse “on topic” ?
Yes.

IIRC, G2 took over a lot of UAL Ramp work as well? They also handle a lot of cabin svc. work for DL.

Well the Company made a claim in their presentation about having Freight in the Hubs as I recall. The illusion being that we would be doing Freight in ALL the Hubs. But then we get this little bit of news of the Company signing a new contract with G2?

The devil is ALWAYS in the details!

i agree. there are no secrets between the company and our negotiators.

What our Negotiators mean by “telegraphing” is when enough people publicly display what it is they would be ok with out of their proposals they can then take that information and tailor it to suit the collective.

Of course only one or two people displaying their wants is not enough data for the Company to collect to win an argument that this is what the overall Members want.

But they collect the data from every outlet. First of course is their own “comments” section on Jetnet and Workbrain, then they send around their CSM drones to survey the pulse, then we have their spies on Facebook pages and finally yes this site here gives them some measure of feedback.

Put it all together with enough collected information and absolutely a case can be made that we’re undermining our own Negotiators and in return our own full success.

Basically we might not capture all the juice from the fruit?

Last edited:
WeAAs,
I believe the company made the claim about cargo in the hubs “ AS IT IS TODAY”. PHL is a hub but does not have cargo “TODAY”. Just another way of the company misleading the membership. IMO that also means that non hub stations like Las, Lax and possibly Phx ( if Phx is no longer classified as a hub) will not have cargo as proposed by the company.
The company has or soon will offer clt and phl cargo. As long as extending lus health thru 2020. Although the videos may seem cryptic if the company is mentioning things in the video that the negotiators havent seen but i mentioned the enhanced fleet offer a couple weeks prior to the video. Superfly has been "spot on".

WeAAs,

I thought the as it is today line was in reference to something else but I’m also not going to go back and watch those waste of my time videos. Yes I do believe the Company intent is to again chop off another of our body parts to ring more savings in an area for them against our work.

No not Stations. I trust that the Association has covered that from what the birds sing on the wind. What I mean is work. Namely to start with that Cargo work on the IAM side. Catering on the TWU side? Mail House, Fueling, Cabin Service even if it is now under the Maintenance Class And Craft, Etc.

Commuter work.

I heard in some IAM cities they don’t even do Lavs and Water Servicing.

Put all those little jobs together and they add to dramatic head count increases.

Or vote “yes,” and the T/A passes, but everyone swears they were a “no” vote.
Honestly, what has been offered would pass by 95%. Nothing telegraphed. That's why the union won't bring it out for a vote. Few in ord care about clt catering.
And it looks bad for someone to say they dont care about LUS health but most laa wont let that turn them into a no vote.

IIRC, G2 took over a lot of UAL Ramp work as well? They also handle a lot of cabin svc. work for DL.

I have a problem believing the Company has signed an agreement with G2 that’s only for an extremely limited amount of time?

Yes I know they usually have out clauses where they have to pay a fee for discontinuing the service provided and if that does wind up being the case we’re watching another transfer of the Company wealth into the hands of former AA Executives. (A scam)

That’s of course if the Company suddenly pretends to play Mr Nice Guy and reopen Freight back in PHL?

Honestly, what has been offered would pass by 95%. Nothing telegraphed. That's why the union won't bring it out for a vote. Few in ord care about clt catering.
And it looks bad for someone to say they dont care about LUS health but most laa wont let that turn them into a no vote.

Well if you’re that desperate for the .22 cent raise that won’t cover your raised Medical I guess you might pass it?

ORD will absolutely care about losing their Deicing. That’s a 95% fail.

you have been so supportive of laa i can't believe they would not support you

Either I missed it or we haven't been informed. LUS has a one flight a day scope for the IAM and LAA has 17
I believe. What has the NC proposed and what did AA offer to keep our guys staffed?
Lus does have the 7 flights a week threshold. Just for clarification purposes it is 7 per week not 1 per day. I know it sounds the same, and as difficult as it may be to believe, as written the language means that there could be 3 flights on Sat and 4 on Sun ( as an example) and that would satisfy the threshold.
As far as a proposal, I heard there were a number of options being discussed. Keeping 7 with no additional stations, moving threshold to a number that would include opening stations that fall into that flight threshold. Again as example only....going a
I have a problem believing the Company has signed an agreement with G2 that’s only for an extremely limited amount of time?

Yes I know they usually have out clauses where they have to pay a fee for discontinuing the service provided and if that does wind up being the case we’re watching another transfer of the Company wealth into the hands of former AA Executives. (A scam)

That’s of course if the Company suddenly pretends to play Mr Nice Guy and reopen Freight back in PHL?
Freight for catering in Phl is not even close to being an equal swap. If the numbers in the article you posted about 160 jobs in freight is accurate, that falls approx 100 jobs short of current Phl catering staffing I’m told

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back