Jetblue AMTs AMFA?

Seems that Jetblue already outsources all of their overhaul and most of their line outside of their hubs.

For an airline with 280+ airplanes, they only have 700 mechanics, give or take.

Aircraft exceeding mechanics is a pretty good indicator they already outsource most of the work.

Seems that Jetblue already outsources all of their overhaul and most of their line outside of their hubs.

For an airline with 280+ airplanes, they only have 700 mechanics, give or take.

Aircraft exceeding mechanics is a pretty good indicator they already outsource most of the work.

Well I guess we can’t blame that on AMFA, IAM, IBT or TWU but I’m sure some of the posters here would try, 😂

Maybe not, but the only argument to be made for Jetblue would be to try and keep the few jobs they have. Can't say that there's much of a value proposition here. I don't recall any cases where a union managed to bring overhaul into a contract when they've never done it. Nor do I recall too many cases where a station got staffed in-house where it had never been staffed.

If I recall, the thresholds at AA for staffing with TWU members was >10 flights a day if the station had previously been staffed in-house, and 20 flights a day if the station had never staffed in-house. 20 flights is a fairly high bar...

Maybe not, but the only argument to be made for Jetblue would be to try and keep the few jobs they have. Can't say that there's much of a value proposition here. I don't recall any cases where a union managed to bring overhaul into a contract when they've never done it. Nor do I recall too many cases where a station got staffed in-house where it had never been staffed.

If I recall, the thresholds at AA for staffing with TWU members was >10 flights a day if the station had previously been staffed in-house, and 20 flights a day if the station had never staffed in-house. 20 flights is a fairly high bar...

It’s not necessarily all about a value proposition. I believe within the AFL/CIO constitution there’s a clause that X amount of incoming dues needs to be spent on organizing. The philosophy being or supposedly being to lift the boat for all under the umbrella. Anyway people can argue the philosophy however they want.

Not sure of the particulars regarding overhaul being added into or back into any Airline under Union contracts but you could very well be correct? I wouldn’t suspect many non Legacy Airlines to have grown an in house Overhaul program without any existing need to do so.

The current TWU/IAM M&R Recognition and Scope language is about 12 pages long if you want to glance over it. Very good except for PIT which it looks like the Company wants to eventually close.

It’s not necessarily all about a value proposition. I believe within the AFL/CIO constitution there’s a clause that X amount of incoming dues needs to be spent on organizing. The philosophy being or supposedly being to lift the boat for all under the umbrella. Anyway people can argue the philosophy however they want.

Not sure of the particulars regarding overhaul being added into or back into any Airline under Union contracts but you could very well be correct? I wouldn’t suspect many non Legacy Airlines to have grown an in house Overhaul program without any existing need to do so.

The current TWU/IAM M&R Recognition and Scope language is about 12 pages long if you want to glance over it. Very good except for PIT which it looks like the Company wants to eventually close.

I also wanted to add to this in case anyone wants to respond to criticize or undermine this agreement that it was ratified with a 90% yes vote among the AMT Class and Craft.