Jim Little has got to go

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
Tulsan's at the Local 514 will begin the chain of events in June that will finally change the TWU from a toothless joke of a union to a real union.

With the election of Dave Stewart as Local President and other Candidates for Change as convention delagates the covention delegates from Tulsa will no longer be a rubber stamp of the incumbant party.

Bus drivers and train maintenance convention delegates, Southwest Flight Attendant delagates, line maintenance delegates, and others who have been disappointed by the TWU's preference to represent themselves better than the workers they are paid to represent will all have a common goal-Rid the TWU of Jim Little.

Look for the TWU to begin actions against Mr. Stewart and other candidates for change in a desperate last minute attempt to maintain their power.

Change is coming and their scared $hitless. :up:

Good luck to Dave in helping to eradicate Jim Little. B)

Still, wouldn't it be better to eliminate the TWU from the property? Or will defeating Little make that easier?

Still, wouldn't it be better to eliminate the TWU from the property? Or will defeating Little make that easier?
It would be easier and faster to dump the twu, as the convention is not until 2009, and then it would be a vote of the delegates and not the membership. If the former manAAger/diploma mill masters dues collection agency leader had to face a vote of the membership, he would of never made it in the first place. :shock:

Either way, good luck to those running, especially with the forthcoming smear campaign by both the union and company. I do hope you guys can run a full slate and take over the whole local. Next year, all the line locals, including some FSC locals will be taken over with pro-union leaders, that is if the dues collection agency is still on the property. ;)

Jim Little is the best thing that ever happened to AA

Your bitterness presents a very poor, and skewed, image of the otherwise fine employees of TWA.

I am sure that, if we turned back the clock ten years, we would find you just as bitter and nasty, except then your bitterness would have been against TWA itself. You usually don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. In your case, my guess would be that you are one of the "perpetually disgruntled," angry no matter who the manager or who pays your paycheck.

People like you are just a mess of raw nerves and anger, simply looking for an outlet.

Sorry to burst y our bubble, but I never talked down TW. AA is another story

Your bitterness presents a very poor, and skewed, image of the otherwise fine employees of TWA.

I am sure that, if we turned back the clock ten years, we would find you just as bitter and nasty, except then your bitterness would have been against TWA itself. You usually don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. In your case, my guess would be that you are one of the "perpetually disgruntled," angry no matter who the manager or who pays your paycheck.

People like you are just a mess of raw nerves and anger, simply looking for an outlet.

Experience tells me that detailing plans and exposing ideas on an internet website not only tips off the opposition to counter measure implementation plans but also leads to failed success in accomplishment of overall union political changes.

Let me just simply say that HOPE has now been generated at the Tulsa Base, and the membership backlash of power grab tactics by incumbent union officers will be met with harsh reactions by members fed up with status quo.

Today's efforts will payoff for us all in the future big time!

I am beginning to have fun and enjoy going to work once again. :D

A question that really needs an answer is how/why the TWU retained ECLAT as the consulting body for financial data during the 2007-2008 negotiations that are approaching.

We have a material breach of the duty to represent: by whom, it is unclear.

Either AA, ECLAT or the TWU failed their obligation to negotiate in good faith or their obligation of fiduciary duty during the 2003 Concessions Hostage Crises.

If AA concealed the information about the KERP/SERP/PUP plaans; their duty to the TWU to negotiate in good faith was violated.

If ECLAT did not inform the TWU of the KERP/SERP/PUP plaans after having done a "top-down" review of AA operAAtions in 2001, then they were grossly negligent in the performance of their fiduciary duty.

If the TWU was allowed to retain ECLAT on the condition that such information would not be revealed to the TWU, ECLAT was negligent in their fiduciary duty to the TWU.

If ECLAT actually informed the TWU of the KERP/SERP/PUP plaans and the membership was not informed of material information prior to voting for or against the concessions package it could constitute a failure to represent.

If ECLAT had failed to inform the TWU of the KERP/SERP/PUP plaans; why would the TWU NOT SUE ECLAT FOR FAILURE TO PERFORM THEIR FIDUCIARY DUTY? More Importantly, why would they retain them now?

A question that really needs an answer is how/why the TWU retained ECLAT as the consulting body for financial data during the 2007-2008 negotiations that are approaching.
That answer is simple, the reason we hired them in 2003.

Jeff Brundage was Randy Babbitt's sidekick at ALPA. they both leave ALPA, Jeff goes to AA management, Randy starts ECLAT. Jeff hires Randy's firm to start the pre-concession discussion in July 2002. Randy does such a good job for the company, the twu was impressed. The rest is history, except of course the question of who paid for Randy's ticket to show up at an AMFA meeting in Tulsa, September 2003? AA or the twu. ;)

Fast forward to 2007, in exchange for screwing the mechanics out of an election in 2004, the twu will do whatever the company asks, including hiring Jeff's old buddy one last time to finish us off once and for all. :shock:

The other side of the answer is that there are only a few firms like ECLAT who understand the issues and do this type of analysis. So, it's inevitible that Randy will wind up working both sides of the fence from time to time.

The other side of the answer is that there are only a few firms like ECLAT who understand the issues and do this type of analysis. So, it's inevitible that Randy will wind up working both sides of the fence from time to time.
But pushing the concessions for both management and the union? I can understand working for both sides, but not on the same contract. It would be nice to have another firm to check the numbers, and in the twu's case, another firm to suggest snap backs inline with levels of profitability or better yet, the stock price. ;)

AMFAMAN,

I have often heard tell that Jim Little at one time was AA management. Was he? If so what were the details behind him returning as a dispatcher? What's this guys background?

Latest posts