Jim Little Quote

High Speed Steel said:
So I may assume with your reply at this point the question regarding McCormick's increase in compensation is not known. Can I be confident within the coming weeks that you will provide the information?

....Just curious ;)

--------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="181609"][/post]​

The McCormick GROUP is tied to the amount of administration work they must do. Therefore when the membership size doubles the charge will double. If I remember correctly McCormick said when AA comes on board they will charge us around 800 thousand more to administrate. Can you imagine that only $800,000 when it cost the twu in the 10's of millions, for that matter it cost twu international over 750,000 in office rent alone.

twu LM2 international corruption

Nightwatch said:
Made substantial raises? Would you please post that, also post how his raises are gained...thanks!
[post="181209"][/post]​

You are the one pushing the TWU, you explain how they get themselves raises while we are losing at least 25% of our compensation and seeing thousands of jobs eliminated.

The fact is that the language in the Constitution is not clear or precise concerning how International officers get raises but it does appear that negotiating long progressions and low wages are in their best interests. Since it does not mention that pay cuts are entered into the formula, only pay raises we have to assume that even though they negotiated a 17.5% paycut for us that the net effect upon thier salary over its 5 year term will reflect a 7% increase, even though at the end of this contract we will be earning at least 20% less in 2009 than we were in 2001!

Nightwatch said:
Made substantial raises? Would you please post that, also post how his raises are gained...thanks!
[post="181209"][/post]​

You have read the LM-2 for yourself, which prove that TWU Int'l salaries have continued to rise, unless of course you have been ignoring everything and every document posted to date on this bulletin board.

And since I doubt you will actually do any research on your own, here is how the raises are determined.

vp_pay.jpg

Now tell us "nightwatch" how does that pay formula mandate any "shared sacrifice" by the TWU International Sellouts?

The TWU International Rep also has a FULLY PAID FOR and safe pension regardless of what happens to yours nightwatch...

I don't see their pre-funding or supplemental medical out-of-pocket expense though, DO YOU?

intl_pension.jpg

Decision 2004 said:
You have read the LM-2 for yourself, which prove that TWU Int'l salaries have continued to rise, unless of course you have been ignoring everything and every document posted to date on this bulletin board.

And since I doubt you will actually do any research on your own, here is how the raises are determined.

vp_pay.jpg

Now tell us "nightwatch" how does that pay formula mandate any "shared sacrifice" by the TWU International Sellouts?
[post="181999"][/post]​

Well actually there are two ways that pay is determined, one for the President and Treasurer and one for everyone else. So in other words its a you scratch mine and I'll scratch yours. You figure out a way to maximize my pay and I'll increase yours, even if in fact the members are seeing real wages and benifits decline.

Articles V sect 10 & VI sect 5.

The salary of the Pres (treas) shall be adjusted by the weighted average increase in wages or salaries recieved by the Union Membership,,,.

So here we see how negotiating long progressions and low starting wages are in the Internationals best interests.

Even if no contractual wage increases are won, the fact that members are still rising through the long progressions guarantees that the Top two International officers get raises. They in turn reward every other International officer. Since only increases are calculated, a 17.5% paycut for us will not be reflected in the formula, neither will all the other losses, however the 1.5% increase will. Thats how the International manages to get increases while negotiating concessions, since the value of benifits are not part of the formula it also explains why the TWU has been the industry leader in giving away benifit and why they claimed that "flex benifits" were an improvement over fully company paid medical.

Its a "win win" for the International.

Decision 2004 said:
The TWU International Rep also has a FULLY PAID FOR and safe pension regardless of what happens to yours nightwatch...

I don't see their pre-funding or supplemental medical out-of-pocket expense though, DO YOU?

intl_pension.jpg

[post="182001"][/post]​

Yes I recall that Bobby Gless was bragging about how after 5 years he will be entitled to a full pension from the TWU while concurrently accumulating benifits and time towards his pension from the company. In other words earning two pensions at the same time.

Maybe thats why he was kept on full company pay in addition to his TWU check.