Jim Little Quote

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
I recently viewed a TWU produced video with Jim Little making an incredible quote. The video was from the August 2004 Joint Officers Conference assembled to discuss the "saving of the TWU" and the latest attempt at smoke screen change.

Jim Little is quoted in this video as stating:

"If there is not evolution of change, then the next step is REVOLUTION."

TOO LATE JIM, The revolution has already began and smoke and mirrors will NOT reverse the REVOLUTION. There is NO saving the TWU this time with your BS.

If you want to see the beginning of the latest TWU "run for cover" video then click here...

The Smoke Blowing Begins Video

The last Jim Little attempt at change and evolution was "self determination" and "seperate locals". Where did that get you?

JIM LITTLE THINKS THE PROBLEM IS COMMUNICATION

WRONG

The Problem is DICTATORS and "without further ratifcation" Labor Agreements

The Problem is a Consitution that allows changes an amendments to labor agreements WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.

The Problem is TWU LEADERSHIP that is appointed and do not take sacrifices along with the members.

The Problem is Majority Rule Union while being a minority CRAFT AND CLASS.

The Problem is you cannot place CRAFT UNION philosophies into an INDUSTRIAL UNION structure.

THERE IS NO HYBRID JIM, IT WONT WORK!

Decision, I think Jim's response to you will be: "You are out of order brother" :cop: "No use of Grey matter will be allowed!!!"

One guy in the video seemed to be honest. He said "From my heart I just want everyone to know that those presidents were representin the twu, not tittle one, not tittle two, they were representin the twu."

Why didn't they represent the membership instead of the twu. Looking out solely for the twu, and not the members is one of the reasons they are in a precarious position. Oh well, at least he was honest!!

From my heart, I can say "the DUES MONEY" is top priority with the TWU. Not your bread-n-butter money brother, "DUES MONEY".

The truth be known, Stewart is simply attempting to cheapen Mr. Little's attempt at change, perhaps before some amfa wannabes decide Little is worth listening to. Typical Stewart style, or lack there of.

The truth be known, the twu constitution is the only meaningful place where change can happen. little's attempt at change, is just smoke and mirrors!!!

Decision 2004 said:
I recently viewed a TWU produced video with Jim Little making an incredible quote. The video was from the August 2004 Joint Officers Conference assembled to discuss the "saving of the TWU" and the latest attempt at smoke screen change.

Jim Little is quoted in this video as stating:

"If there is not evolution of change, then the next step is REVOLUTION."
TOO LATE JIM, The revolution has already began and smoke and mirrors will NOT reverse the REVOLUTION. There is NO saving the TWU this time with your BS.

If you want to see the beginning of the latest TWU "run for cover" video then click here...

The Smoke Blowing Begins Video

The last Jim Little attempt at change and evolution was "self determination" and "seperate locals". Where did that get you?

JIM LITTLE THINKS THE PROBLEM IS COMMUNICATION

WRONG

The Problem is DICTATORS and "without further ratifcation" Labor Agreements

The Problem is a Consitution that allows changes an amendments to labor agreements WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL.

The Problem is TWU LEADERSHIP that is appointed and do not take sacrifices along with the members.

The Problem is Majority Rule Union while being a minority CRAFT AND CLASS.

The Problem is you cannot place CRAFT UNION philosophies into an INDUSTRIAL UNION structure.

THERE IS NO HYBRID JIM, IT WONT WORK!
[post="179692"][/post]​

Just goes to show you how pathetic Little and the International are. I used that evolution or revolution line on them four years ago and on several posts here when I was suggesting that they merge the ATDs and give the members accountability. Now he is trying to put his spin on it, all the time avoiding the real issue that we want his useless ass out and to be able to put in someone we can hold accountable. With accountability comes the real "hard decisions".

I disagree to a certain extent on one of the things you listed as a problem, because it appears to be an attack on Fleet service, although it could apply equally to line vs overhaul. With all the layoffs I think that our class and craft actually outnumber Title III now anyway.

"The Problem is Majority Rule Union while being a minority CRAFT AND CLASS."

Actually its a little more complex than that. The problem is the way that unaccountable International appointeees are able to keep the membership divided while manufacturing just enough consent, through fear and misinformation, to get lousy contracts put in place. The complex system of deflection that the International has in place then deflects valid outrage and criticism either back onto the membership themselves or the local leaders. The Local leaders end up being the sacrificial zinc while the structure that made the agreement and sold the agreement remains intact. This system has not just harmed us. Nor has it improved the lives of Title III workers, the fact is we all lost except for those who went into the International, with every concessionary contract they reward themselves with raises.

Well I just got done watching the video.

Communication, communication , communication.

What he really means is "Propaganda, propaganda, propaganda.

Thanks to the Internet the old ways of information control are no longer effective, they are losing control. Their days of being able to manufacture just enough consent are thankfully coming to an end.

Jim claimed that "the members dont understand our structure". Well Jim, despite your little schmooze session we have seen the courts documents, we have seen what the TWU International says under oath. We have seen how the International handles those who want to put accountability and democracy in place. And it is there that the members can see the true structure of the TWU/ATD at AA.

We understand your structure, the structure that keeps crooks like you in place, and that is why there will be a vote for representation and the TWU will be history for our class and craft. Once thats done I hope that we will do our best to help other workers in this industry rid themselves of your business union tactics and get unions that will improve their lives.

The TWU has the proud distinction of representing Traingle, Worldwide and Ogden. They "negotiate" minimum wage contracts with little or no benifits and force their members to fork over two hours or more of that minimum wage over to them for the privilege of their representation. They then use those TWU contracts and pay rates to get our Fleet service workers to agree to concessions which in turn impact everyone else. You and the TWU/ATD are a disgrace to the labor movement.

It is a structure that is top down, controled by the International, not the Presidents council, not the Locals and certainly not the members. Sure some Locals may enjoy a certain amount of conditional autonomy but should they stray into an area that theatens the autonomy and untouchability of the International they soon find out how little autonomy they really have, the fact is all they have to do is read the Constitution.

When the TWU put in the seperate locals, several of the locals that were being split up took the TWU to court. They cited the fact that the Presidents council voted against seperate locals. The International claimed that the Constitution gave them the right to do as they pleased with the Locals. They were right, seperate Locals were put in place.

The International claims that they were satifying the wish of the members, however history shows how self serving this claim is. The fact is that mechanics in some of the smaller locals were not included in the seperate locals offer. The process was deliberately flawed.

AMFA was founded by TWU mechanics because the TWU refused to give mechanics seperate locals. For nearly 40 years the TWU refused to grant mechanics seperate locals. They only put seperate locals in place after some of the larger locals in Chicago and New York started challenging the business union structure of the ATD and to try and quell an AMFA drive that was going on. Thats why although they granted the seperate Locals they did as little as possible, except for making a deal with the company to pay UB, to make those new locals strong. They put seperate Locals in place to split up some of the larger Locals and brought the President of 514 into the International. Those they could not buy off they killed off.

When Local 501 sued to have the Kasher decision overturned because they felt that it violated the language of the contract the judge ruled that Local 501 had no right to sue, even if it was a contract violation because the local was not a party to the contract. The judge ruled that the TWU International and AA were party's to the contract, none of the locals or the elected leaders were party to the contract.

When Local 562 sought an injunction to restore our agreement until a new vote was conducted the TWU asserted, and the judge agreed that the TWU is not compelled to allow its members to vote on any amended agreement, only completely new ones.

As you can see from these three brief examples you cant trust a word that Jim Little says to you, trust what the TWU says in court. In court they have said that the Presidents council has no authoirity over how the International choses to run the union. They have control over the contract not the elected leaders of any local at AA. They do not have to let the members vote on amended contracts.

Communicate. communicate communicate, says Jim Little. Well Jim go right ahead. As fast as you can lie we will expose your lies.

Nightwatch said:
The truth be known, Stewart is simply attempting to cheapen Mr. Little's attempt at change, perhaps before some amfa wannabes decide Little is worth listening to. Typical Stewart style, or lack there of.
[post="179834"][/post]​

Nightwatch;

You weren't here when Little came into power so we can excuse your ignorance.

Then again we can excuse it even if you were, just because you are you.

The fact is that Little spoke of his deep committement to "change" back when he first replaced Koziatek, the guy whose retirement party from the union was hosted by Don Carty.

He mailed out two newsletters and thats it. No more change.

Oh he had lots of excuses, such as "The International will not give me a budget, I dont have the money". Then later he would claim "I dont want a budget because then I'm limited, all I do now is ask Sonny and I get it".

The only change that you will see is a whole new slew of Presidents at the Presidents council as the members vote out their old ones that bought into Littles games. Little convinced them to make "the hard decisions" that gave him his pay raise, then sat back and blamed the Presidents council for the contract"they voted on it, I didnt have a vote". But then hed signed the contract into place "without further ratification" So did the Presidents council actually ever vote on that Jim?

Already Rodriguez (12 years in office I believe) from RDU and your buddy over at 514, Randy are gone. Just look at the list of Presidents that were in power during the 2001 and compare it to who is there now. You will see that there are a good number of changes, except one-Little. Thats just the way the International likes it. They like the constant rotation of Local leaders. They feel as long as they can get the members to take out their fustration on local leaders they can keep the scam going. The sad part is many of the Local leaders are so dumb they dont even realize that they are being played! I wonder how old Nester feels now! Probably sniffing around in the desperate hopes of an International appointment or some other crumb like Joe Hasen did. Randy, well, not much needs to be said there.

Bob Owens said:
I disagree to a certain extent on one of the things you listed as a problem, because it appears to be an attack on Fleet service, although it could apply equally to line vs overhaul. With all the layoffs I think that our class and craft actually outnumber Title III now anyway.
"The Problem is Majority Rule Union while being a minority CRAFT AND CLASS."

Actually its a little more complex than that. The problem is the way that unaccountable International appointeees are able to keep the membership divided while manufacturing just enough consent, through fear and misinformation, to get lousy contracts put in place.
[post="179842"][/post]​

I was actually making reference to the TWU International as a whole, not just TWU at AA. Sorry Bob, I should have been more clear.

Little has a knack for not doing anything unless it is to screw the mechanics!

Directors Update - 06-14-04 - Monday, June 14, 2004 at 14:52
VIA FACSIMILE

Mr. Jim Weel

Managing Director EPR

American Airlines, Inc.

PO Box 619616 MD 5235

DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616

RE: Information – Shared Sacrifice - Restructuring

Dear Jim:

As you know, we have had on-going discussions regarding the 2003 restructuring agreement and the issue of “Shared Sacrifice.â€￾ A few weeks ago, Jeff Brundage, Senior Vice President Human Resources assured us that finance was in the process of putting together an analysis of a cross section of Management concessions as compared to the labor concessions.

We again raised the issues at the May 19, 2004 Stockholders Meeting and also at the follow-up meeting with Mr. Arpey.

Jim, as you well know we all are aware of the shared sacrifice that Mr. Arpey and the Senior Management has taken. However, although we have been advised that Management’s share across the board is reflective of our members’ sacrifices, we have yet to be giving this breakdown.

Bottom line, our members, as equal partners in avoiding bankruptcy, deserves the information. What is absolutely unacceptable is that our members and all labor groups had to have the entire restructuring agreement completed in less time than it is taking American Airlines to provide us with the comparison, which is the benchmark of credibility.

We can no longer continue to accept more excuses. Therefore, if the information is not received in our office by Monday, June 28, 2004 we will take whatever action we deem appropriate considering that Shared Sacrifice did not occur.

Sincerely,

James C. Little

Director Air Transport Division

Intl. Administrative Vice President

JCL:cjw opeiu-153 afl-cio

C: S. Hall

ATD Intl. staff assigned

J. Brundage

AA Local Presidents