John Ward

You don't know John Ward and you don't know any of the people on his list so how can your opinion count for anything anyway?
Actually, L1011Ret spent the better part of the day, a few years ago, sitting in a Brooklyn courtroom listening to John Ward lie through his teeth while giving testimony under oath. I bet that is closer than you ever got to that pathological miserable excuse for a human being.

I looked at both lists and what I saw was that Ward's list consisted of true FA's while Gladings was peppered with a lot of the perpetually trip removed who think they're better than the average working FA. I've flown with them, you haven't. You don't know me and you don't know what I'm about.

You don't know John Ward and you don't know any of the people on his list so how can your opinion count for anything anyway?
I am sure all the FA's listed, are true FA's, both literally and figuratively.

The difference between how we read the list is I judged it specifically on people I know personally or have worked with. You seem to be taking people you have heard stories of, and derogatorily referring to them as the perpetually trip removed. I have to say at best since you don't have their schedules and you likely don't know many of them personally. You are judging them on a FA gossip, not what you know in fact to be true and correct.

You continue to insist it was stealing when there was no stealing as you yourself pointed out.
Bill, the list was given to her in her capacity as the union president for use by IFFA for union business. She had no legal or moral right to turn it over to the IAM. That was in violation of a confidentiality agreement, an unethical breach of duty and possibly also a violation of law.

The difference between how we read the list is I judged it specifically on people I know personally or have worked with. You seem to be taking people you have heard stories of, and derogatorily referring to them as the perpetually trip removed. I have to say at best since you don't have their schedules and you likely don't know many of them personally. You are judging them on a FA gossip, not what you know in fact to be true and correct.

I see quite a few names on the Glading supporter list I recognize and respect, and it seems to be a pretty fair sampling from around the system. On the other hand, the Ward list seems to be almost entirely composed of DFW/IDF, which makes me wonder if he is just getting support because he is the "hometown favorite." DFW/IDF have always thought a bit differently from the rest of the system, anyway.

It makes you wonder if the people who have a reference list made up from people from a single base or mainly one base. If they didn't take that part of the BIO seriously, or couldn't get people outside their base to support them in their run for office. It seems trivial but really can be a decision factor, for someone undecided on one candidate or another. Seeing names of people you know and respect supporting them as well. May just bring someone over.

Bill, the list was given to her in her capacity as the union president for use by IFFA for union business. She had no legal or moral right to turn it over to the IAM. That was in violation of a confidentiality agreement, an unethical breach of duty and possibly also a violation of law.

I'm aware of that Dror, my point was she did not steal it, she misused it.

A prosperous New Year to you and family.

I've judged the list the same way. What can I say, I guess I know a lot more people than you do? While FA gossip might be fun, I don't rely on it for my information. I pay attention and I talk to people.
I have been at 3 bases and I use my passes quite a bit where I meet a lot more of my colleagues.

I know my limitations; I may be a big mouth but I've got a pretty good personality and people tend to like me even if they don't always agree with me. ;)

Whatever the case, this topic is over for me. Have a good Christmas everyone. Later.

Its all semantics right? merger, acquisition, steal, misuse.

Not that simple. To steal something you have to remove it from a persons presence. In this case she already had the documents. To say she stole them is wrong. A court would not find her guilty of stealing. But possibly misuse of information.

As they used to say in Victorian England, "You, sir, are a cad!" I can't think of anyone I know who is more straightforward, honest, and giving than Nancy. I have NEVER known her not to tell the truth. The fact that the truth does not gel with your personal view of the world does not make it any less the truth.

You are hereby put on ignore. You are one of only two people I ignore on the entire USAviation boards. Do not consider it an honor because I generally want to hear the views of even the people I disagree with. But, you are not worthy of an audience.

And, Nancy, there is no need to call and admonish me. I'm fully aware that you do not need me to leap to your defense, but I did it anyway. Beside that, you can't tell what to do. Your not my momma. :lol:
OMG! I agree with Jim! This truly is the season of miracles! :D Nancy is one person on this board whose integrity I would not question!
Merry Christmas to you!

I'm aware of that Dror, my point was she did not steal it, she misused it.

A prosperous New Year to you and family.

She stole the list for her own purposes. Stealing can be represented many ways. You can steal words, money, lists, time and in SC's case, many people believe she helped steal jobs. Semantics... Or what side of the "fence" you're on.

She stole the list for her own purposes. Stealing can be represented many ways. You can steal words, money, lists, time and in SC's case, many people believe she helped steal jobs. Semantics... Or what side of the "fence" you're on.

You cannot steal what you already have in your hands!

To steal something you have to remove it from a persons presence.
Not necessarily. Taking from a person's presence is an element of robbery. There are other forms of theft. For example, if your car is taken by a stranger without your permission while you are away from it, it is still stolen, isn't it? That is so even if you leave it with a valet at a restaurant and give him permission to park it for you but then he decides to disappear with it.

You cannot steal what you already have in your hands!
Of course you can. What do you think embezzlement is? It is a form of theft where a person fraudulently appropriates property, which has been entrusted to him or her, for use or purpose not intended by its owner.

The real point being you were just trying to incite more anti SC feeling and further divide a very split group of TWA f/as. If you are into healing as you claim, just rehashing 20 year old information about someone no longer in the picture does absolutely nothing to help out the TWA F/As. In fact you encourage them to feel like victims. Hardly empowering.

Latest posts