Johnny Carson, Aa Traveler

lpbrian

Veteran
Mar 7, 2004
Just saw a tribute to Johnny Carson today. It seems he traveled a lot in retirement. I saw footage of him with his wife recently walking through the AA terminal. Everytime I see footage of stars in the airport, they are always walking through the AA terminal at LAX. All the bums are at terminal 1, flying on SWA.

lpbrian said:
Just saw a tribute to Johnny Carson today. It seems he traveled a lot in retirement. I saw footage of him with his wife recently walking through the AA terminal. Everytime I see footage of stars in the airport, they are always walking through the AA terminal at LAX. All the bums are at terminal 1, flying on SWA.
[post="242138"][/post]​

AA "WAS" the airline of the stars.Now they travel in their own personal Gulfstream jet or buy leasing time from a jet leasing company.

AA marketing still does not get it.The "business traveler" is never coming back in massive numbers and paying the high prices.

Are you some kind of Hollywood nut? Being on a plane with a TV/movie primadonna is a lot worse than a bum. At least the bum realizes he is a burden on other people. ;)

goingboeing said:
AA "WAS" the airline of the stars.Now they travel in their own personal Gulfstream jet or buy leasing time from a jet leasing company.

AA marketing still does not get it.The "business traveler" is never coming back in massive numbers and paying the high prices.
[post="242464"][/post]​

The Gulfstream might be true some of the time but for the most part they are still flying on AA daily. You just need to walk through the terminal at JFK and you will see someone. If they aren't on a transcon they are on the Miami or Caribbean flights.

I guess the AA marketing team knows what they are doing because my Business and First class cabins are usually full of frequent fliers and full fares.

jj said:
[I would probably give that honor to TWA then AA.IMHO. :up:
[post="242328"][/post]​

TWA is no longer flying. Stars or anyone else for that matter. DUH. :shock:

Skymess said:
The Gulfstream might be true some of the time but for the most part they are still flying on AA daily. You just need to walk through the terminal at JFK and you will see someone. If they aren't on a transcon they are on the Miami or Caribbean flights.

I guess the AA marketing team knows what they are doing because my Business and First class cabins are usually full of frequent fliers and full fares.
[post="242788"][/post]​

Usually full of frequent fliers[just using up mileage at a higher rate]and non-revs.

JS said:
Are you some kind of Hollywood nut? Being on a plane with a TV/movie primadonna is a lot worse than a bum. At least the bum realizes he is a burden on other people. ;)
[post="242475"][/post]​

Over the years it has been my pleasure to meet a number of the "stars" who flew TWA.

Mr. Johnny Carson was one of these. Since this thread concerns this gentleman, allow me to relate this short story.

Entering one of our TWA Ambassador Clubs many years ago I was surprised to see a handsome gentleman rise and walk across the room smiling, hand extended, and say "Hi. I'm Johnny Carson." (We had not previously met.) He then introduced me to his beautiful wife and their son. After a short conversation, his son and I located a spare airplane at a nearby gate, and did a little tour of the "front office".

Mr. Carson will always be remembered for his warm friendliness in real life, even more than for his 30 years as King of late night television.

Movie/TV Stars are kinda like employees. Some are an absolute pleasure to be around, and some are not. The ratio is probably about the same.
;)

Randy Kramer