Julie's flt on NWA

I just have to add my two cents to this. There are many cases that a person is handicapped and are traveling alone where they do need help. There are just as many cases where they are traveling with their families and the families basically pawns the handicapped person off on to the airline, this is just flat out wrong. Then you have the people that are not as handicapped as they like to portray themselves as. On top of that you have the ones that simply do not listen then get upset when they don't feel they are receiving the service that they should. For example, when you are handicapped and waiting for a wheelchair you stay in your seat until everyone else has de-boarded. The Flight Attendants tell them this every time. Well I'm standing in the jetway waiting for everyone to de-board. People quit coming out of the door so I figure all the passengers are off, I step onto the aircraft and here is this woman with her cane and husband taking an incredible amount of time getting their shet together with the whole rear of the aircraft trapped behind them. They finally start coming down the aisle, so I step back out on the jetway. The woman and man come out of the door and ask me where her wheelchair is at. I say, "Ma'am, if you have a seat it will be down shortly." Now people are piling up behind them to get off the plan. The husband says, "There is no wheelchair here?" and the woman says, "This is Northwest what do you expect?". They then begin their trek up the jetway (I don't guess she was as handicapped as she thought). As the line of passengers de-boarding begins to thin out, here comes Prospect with three wheel chairs down the jetway. I step in the aircraft to see two passengers sitting and patiently waiting for their wheel chairs. Now you have this woman waddling around out there griping about the service at Northwest when actually its here own ignorance she should be bitching about.

Since non traveling family members are not allowed beyond security perimeters a disabled person is dependent on the agent of air transport. Why is this so difficult to figure out?

"Ignorance" is defined as destitute of knowledge or education. UHEM! Does this ring a bell? LOL

Since non traveling family members are not allowed beyond security perimeters a disabled person is dependent on the agent of air transport. Why is this so difficult to figure out?

"Ignorance" is defined as destitute of knowledge or education. UHEM! Does this ring a bell? LOL
I question that. I believe their non trvling family member would be allowed past security with pass. I could be wrong and maybe someone else could weigh in on this.

that I would think depends on the airline and airport. I know at my airport, for US, it is the responsibility of the airport workers to help the disable to the aircraft but a gate agent assists the pax on and off of the plane

I thought there was something in the American Disabilities Act that allowed for it. They just have to request pass at tkt counter and be subjected to security screening. Of course, that would depend on any security issues happening at that time in that airport. Ill try to find out where I got that info, who knows maybe I dreampt it.

I thought there was something in the American Disabilities Act that allowed for it. They just have to request pass at tkt counter and be subjected to security screening. Of course, that would depend on any security issues happening at that time in that airport. Ill try to find out where I got that info, who knows maybe I dreampt it.
No, I think this is where they say "We have Porters, don't worry"....

ADA is only for the facilities and workplace I believe. If they have a wheelchair ramp and have proters they can not let the family through. Depends on the airport and airline.

.... waiting for everyone to de-board....
Voice of an experienced airline worker/ non rev... "de-board". :lol:
You aint gonna miss your flight bennies? You were bragging about how you use it all the time yet you can't seem to grasp the correct ubiquitous terminology. :lol:
your pants on fire yet?

Voice of an experienced airline worker/ non rev... "de-board". :lol:
You aint gonna miss your flight bennies? You were bragging about how you use it all the time yet you can't seem to grasp the correct ubiquitous terminology. :lol:
your pants on fire yet?
de-board
de-plane :lol:
unload
get the hell off
call it whatever you want. Maybe I'll figure it out when I become a NWA F/A Scab.

If that happened I would break my own promise and trvl this airline just to see it. Just the thought of it makes me smile!

make sure the video cameras are recording for that especially when the capt tells the scabs that "we are making an emergence landing due to no hydralics, wheels on the left main!"

I question that. I believe their non trvling family member would be allowed past security with pass. I could be wrong and maybe someone else could weigh in on this.
I have seen non-ticketed folks, with a pass, to meet & greet others at some airports. Please don't ask where as I fly to damn much to remember. I've seen it with UM's as well. Didn't PIT start allowing non-flying folks to go thru Security so they could shop when with friends? The day the TSA becomes consistent between every airport, I'll be retired as well as my Son's next un-born child.

I dont need to. Why dont you stop spilling the bad scab blood all over these boards?

Robbed, you are too easy to bait.

Coulda bet once you saw PTO on this thread a scab reference was sure to follow.

And Jenny@NW did not need to include that sideswipe in an otherwise thoughtful post.

I do not always agree with PTO but I respect his candor.

For that matter, why do the mods tolerate all the mud-slinging towards non-union employees?

Inconsistent standards here mods. You are quick to threaten cornfield trips for far less personal commentary yet you allow this PTO-related bashing ad nauseum.

This mob-mentality is boring and childish.
Certainly not mature or reasoned and thus has no credibility here.

If a poster wants to disagree with a non-union employee on a professional basis -- okay.

But simply to lambast a poster because of a career-association (or lack thereof) is nonsense.

Think I am wrong? Okay, try this exercise.

Choose any 'scab' bashing post on this board and replace the word 'scab' with 'white collar' (or if you want to really have fun use the word 'unionist').

See how long you last before the mods arrange an up close and personal meeting with a John Deere.

Latest posts