Julie's flt on NWA

Robbed, you are too easy to bait.

Coulda bet once you saw PTO on this thread a scab reference was sure to follow.

And Jenny@NW did not need to include that sideswipe in an otherwise thoughtful post.

I do not always agree with PTO but I respect his candor.

For that matter, why do the mods tolerate all the mud-slinging towards non-union employees?

Inconsistent standards here mods. You are quick to threaten cornfield trips for far less personal commentary yet you allow this PTO-related bashing ad nauseum.

This mob-mentality is boring and childish.
Certainly not mature or reasoned and thus has no credibility here.

If a poster wants to disagree with a non-union employee on a professional basis -- okay.

But simply to lambast a poster because of a career-association (or lack thereof) is nonsense.

Think I am wrong? Okay, try this exercise.

Choose any 'scab' bashing post on this board and replace the word 'scab' with 'white collar' (or if you want to really have fun use the word 'unionist').

See how long you last before the mods arrange an up close and personal meeting with a John Deere.

Well if I want to put on a moderator hat here, I would say that this should of been nipped in the buttocks ALONG TIME AGO.

Doing moderating job is not easy. It is tedious and you have to study posts carefully to see who was doing what and what language they have used. Who started it, what happened and exchange a bunch of PM's.

My side swipe "comment" is just a mere comment for this person who claims to be this seasoned non-rever. I had never heard of this new termonology of "de-board". If one repititiously hears announcements, it's unlikely they would use a world like "de board".

The overall fact is this, that no side will come to an agreement. Silly retarded comments is just going to anger both sides in order to go off and give the other side hell. Who relishes in that type of excitement? Look who has the most posts so far who posts here.

As of now, I know everyone has moved on with this "strike" issue. In spirit, they are on strike.... but they all have good paying jobs now. However, my heros are those who are still dedicated to go and stand in the picket line on their days off.

Wheelchair issue.

Well the only other thing I would like to add is if a flight attendant or gate agent decides to push the wheelchair themelves, BE CAREFUL.

I have known many people to get OJI doing this.

If I can I always help push the wheelchair passenger.

Some airports use contractors who are underpaid (and understaffed) because they tell them they might get tips. Guess what? That all depends on the airport. I hardly think that in DTW and NWA customers who paid $20 for round trip tix will even think about tipping a porter $5.

There's no reason for them to "rush".

The system is flawed at some places.

Robbed, you are too easy to bait.

Coulda bet once you saw PTO on this thread a scab reference was sure to follow.

And Jenny@NW did not need to include that sideswipe in an otherwise thoughtful post.

This mob-mentality is boring and childish.
Certainly not mature or reasoned and thus has no credibility here.

If a poster wants to disagree with a non-union employee on a professional basis -- okay.
WHAT KIND OF FRESH HELL IS THIS??????

You bored me half way thru your post.....what are you the SCAB police?

You can stop frequenting this forum if you choose....I choose to not be repremanded by the likes of you, bad enough I need to put my boots on to read PTO's posts....

now where is that ignor button?????

whatkindoffreshshell, I dont agree with PTO at all and he seems to think that just being in the airline industry it is so easy to maintain the planes but yet their maintaince is anything but complete.
he truly lacks any kind of skills that AMFA professional mechanics have/had and not crossed the line. It is scabs like him that have derailed the entire aviation and in particular NWA. as for moderators, I am sure that they have been lurking on here for sometime to come. but it is like Jenny said, they have a lot of work to do as well

Time was you could go to the ticket counter and get a pass that looked like a boarding pass and would allow you to go through security. This was in the very recent past after 911. You could get to the gate to pick up a minor child or a diabled family member, etc. Its like a lot of things...you don't know till you ask.

Don I can tell you that at least one parent or family has to get a pass to pick up/drop off a child to fly somewhere. I dont know if it would apply to people with disabilities but I dont believe so.

A reply I'd expect from a scab.
I dont think my position on organised labor has anything to do with his post. I just have zero tolerence for rude unprofessional behavior.
On a much more positive note, My Brother and I had to make an emergency flight last night due to a crisis in the family. The gate agents and flight attendents were incredible in their attempt to get us to our destination on time. The kindness shown my brother by the crew was above the call of duty. Jenny, if it within your power to do so, please accept a note of thanks on behalf of all your fellow F/A's from this grumpy old Jarhead.
:up: :up: :up:

Time was you could go to the ticket counter and get a pass that looked like a boarding pass and would allow you to go through security. This was in the very recent past after 911. You could get to the gate to pick up a minor child or a diabled family member, etc. Its like a lot of things...you don't know till you ask.

Don--

You still can. The procedural nuances may vary from city to city, but the ability (no pun intended) still exists....

I dont think my position on organised labor has anything to do with his post. I just have zero tolerence for rude unprofessional behavior.
On a much more positive note, My Brother and I had to make an emergency flight last night due to a crisis in the family. The gate agents and flight attendents were incredible in their attempt to get us to our destination on time. The kindness shown my brother by the crew was above the call of duty. Jenny, if it within your power to do so, please accept a note of thanks on behalf of all your fellow F/A's from this grumpy old Jarhead.
:up: :up: :up:
Well, perhaps maybe you should step up to the plate and see what its like to supervise a large group of people.

You wouldn't give an answer like that if you did. But please, start as a frontline personel first. This also has nothing to do with supervising an unionized workforce or not. I appologize for the inference of thought that people who are scabbing having this mentality that people who make one mistake should get fired for one mistake and be replaced with someone who is "willing to do the work".

Your answer gave me that impression. B)

Well, perhaps maybe you should step up to the plate and see what its like to supervise a large group of people.

You wouldn't give an answer like that if you did. But please, start as a frontline personel first. This also has nothing to do with supervising an unionized workforce or not. I appologize for the inference of thought that people who are scabbing having this mentality that people who make one mistake should get fired for one mistake and be replaced with someone who is "willing to do the work".

Your answer gave me that impression. B)
For the record, I've led platoons of up to 40 Marines under combat conditions. I've also owned a company that employed 65 people. Not a huge amount by any means, but I am pretty sure I understand the fundementals of leadership.
Look, I understand that mistakes happen, people have bad days, and that WE ALL are operating under some relatively tough conditions. I know now, looking back on my career, I would have fired ME a half dozen times when I was starting out. We cannot, however, use the current situation as an excuse for poor behavior. One of the things I have always stressed to my troops is that no matter how difficult the task, or how miserable the conditions, you ALAWAYS complete the mission. You can gripe moan and complain in private all you want, but you WILL get the job done in a professional manner, and NEVER lose your bearing!
I have seen the way most of you F/A's and CSA's get treated by the general public, and believe me, I have sympathy for you. In all honesty, I dont think I could do what you do and not end up choking the hell out of some of the SOB's you deal with on a daily basis. We must, however, maintain our professionalism and bearing through it all. The flying public is our bread and butter, and you as F/A's and CSA's are the face of this company. For the most part, YOU are what Ma and PA Kettle will see and remember about NWA.
You may have a grudge against NWA, perhaps even rightly so; but you DO NOT have the right to take it out on Grandpa Will on his way to his brothers funeral, or Aunt Dea on her way to see her niece graduate, or a host of other flyers going about their business.
At any rate, I would like to commend the most of you who do maintain the highest of standards despite all that has transpired, and I truelly do wish you the best of luck.

For the record, I've led platoons of up to 40 Marines under combat conditions. I've also owned a company that employed 65 people. Not a huge amount by any means, but I am pretty sure I understand the fundementals of leadership.
Look, I understand that mistakes happen, people have bad days, and that WE ALL are operating under some relatively tough conditions. I know now, looking back on my career, I would have fired ME a half dozen times when I was starting out. We cannot, however, use the current situation as an excuse for poor behavior. One of the things I have always stressed to my troops is that no matter how difficult the task, or how miserable the conditions, you ALAWAYS complete the mission. You can gripe moan and complain in private all you want, but you WILL get the job done in a professional manner, and NEVER lose your bearing!
I have seen the way most of you F/A's and CSA's get treated by the general public, and believe me, I have sympathy for you. In all honesty, I dont think I could do what you do and not end up choking the hell out of some of the SOB's you deal with on a daily basis. We must, however, maintain our professionalism and bearing through it all. The flying public is our bread and butter, and you as F/A's and CSA's are the face of this company. For the most part, YOU are what Ma and PA Kettle will see and remember about NWA.
You may have a grudge against NWA, perhaps even rightly so; but you DO NOT have the right to take it out on Grandpa Will on his way to his brothers funeral, or Aunt Dea on her way to see her niece graduate, or a host of other flyers going about their business.
At any rate, I would like to commend the most of you who do maintain the highest of standards despite all that has transpired, and I truelly do wish you the best of luck.

Your continued analogy of Marines VS Civilian companies is making me think otherwise. In the Civillian world, you don't go around getting demerits or have ch. 15 thrown at you if you screw up. (or demoted or visit sunny Leavenworth) Of course they'll have to listen to your little spil and obey. I suggest you take off those military glasses and get yourself a nice designer glasses.

Your continued analogy of Marines VS Civilian companies is making me think otherwise. In the Civillian world, you don't go around getting demerits or have ch. 15 thrown at you if you screw up. (or demoted or visit sunny Leavenworth) Of course they'll have to listen to your little spil and obey. I suggest you take off those military glasses and get yourself a nice designer glasses.
Alas, fair maiden, methinks ye may be right...(sigh)....

Alas, fair maiden, methinks ye may be right...(sigh)....
nuther thing to ponder: Military, non union. Goverment employees- unionized.

I understand where you are comming from but I'm telling you its not the same. It was article 15 not chapter 15. I've been out of the service for a while. (NOT OUT OF SERVICE...)

nuther thing to ponder: Military, non union. Goverment employees- unionized.

I understand where you are comming from but I'm telling you its not the same. It was article 15 not chapter 15. I've been out of the service for a while. (NOT OUT OF SERVICE...)
To ponder your pondering....the military works VERY well at what they do. Govt employees.....well, as a Libertarian, I have serious doupts about the quality of govt services, as, I'm sure, do most of you. This does not aid your argument in support of unions. Hell, just look at that joke of an agency, the TSA!

To ponder your pondering....the military works VERY well at what they do. Govt employees.....well, as a Libertarian, I have serious doupts about the quality of govt services, as, I'm sure, do most of you. This does not aid your argument in support of unions. Hell, just look at that joke of an agency, the TSA!
:down: Just what is it you do know? The tsa is NON-union. Bush wanted it that way. So why did you stick your nose where it did not belong? This was not your fight. Scabbing is anything but honorabe.Your a man with no code! You stabbed many of you so called brothers in the back when you crossed their line! 2 kinds of men in this world, those who are marines and those smart enough not to BE! ####.

:down: Just what is it you do know? The tsa is NON-union. Bush wanted it that way. So why did you stick your nose where it did not belong? This was not your fight. Scabbing is anything but honorabe.Your a man with no code! You stabbed many of you so called brothers in the back when you crossed their line! 2 kinds of men in this world, those who are marines and those smart enough not to BE! ####.
My aren't we the articulate one this afternoon. Such eloquence is indeed breathtaking, and so indictative of your cause. ;) It is indeed refreshing to see some still have a sense of humor in these troubling times
For the record, I used the tsa as a generic example of govt screw up, not of union inefficiency. I will concede, however, that I did not make that very clear in my post. I thank you for bringing this up and allowing me to correct myself. Thanks again, and best wishes in youe endeavors.