Just as I predicted

My prediction is 2 years from now it won't be AA mechanics complaining about the company suit. Mechanics will be outsourced like our building cleaners. We won't even remember how it happened or who was in change of the company, but we will still remember all the name calling and grudges against the union local and international officers. We are so focused on ripping each other apart we can't see the Lufthansa or Canadian maintenance model coming our way.

Horton didn't ask to be replaced. You and your peers asked for that.
It's ok you can say you tried to hack it aa but couldn't.........
Like it or not, the changes he sought weren't any different from what a lot of people had been saying all along: AA's labor costs and workrules were out of whack with its competition. You had eight years to find solutions, and could only come up with snapbacks and full pay to the last day as alternatives.

AA was performing at the bottom of the DOT rankings for years before Horton was CEO, and seems to me y'all have been bitter and demoralized since 2003.

I see all these excuses being thrown around for what was wrong at AA, but rarely does anyone hold themselves or their own contract up to any scrutiny.

It's like firing the coach over a losing season. It happens all the time in sports, but rarely changes how well you do in the next game or how you place next season. For that, you need to start replacing people on the field or changing how they're used.

Seems you guys just wanted to fire the coach and maintain your status quo.

The unions didn't like Crandall, but individuals couldn't help but be swayed/pursuaded by him when they spoke to him in person or went to a live event where he was speaking...

You didn't like Carty (who seemed to be willing to check emotion at the door and make decisions), you got Arpey.

You didn't like Arpey (who knew what had to be done but didn't want to be the one to pull the plug), you got Horton.

You don't like Horton (who managed to make the tough calls, go to the mattresses, or whatever other cliche you need to understand things...), and now you've gotten your way, for the third time in a row, before the guy even had a chance to prove whether or not the changes he'd made were going to work.

After going thru three CEO's in ten years, do you really think a fourth CEO is going to make a difference?...

I don't.

It's entirely possible that you guys really are the problem. Your contracts, your representatives, the way you've/they've approached negotiations, how everyone else is always to blame...

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you never stop pissing and moaning about how bad things are, yet are too chickenshit to actually do something about it, like replacing the representatives who made the bed you're now sleeping in... You spare no amount of criticism for those actually making the hard calls, but don't want to hold yourself accountable.

Sorry, but that's the stuff that happened at Eastern, Braniff, and Pan Am. If that's what you want, go for it. I think they still sell blinders at Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet.

Go ahead, guys. Click the red arrows like crazy. I can handle it.

Horton didn't ask to be replaced. You and your peers asked for that.

Like it or not, the changes he sought weren't any different from what a lot of people had been saying all along: AA's labor costs and workrules were out of whack with its competition. You had eight years to find solutions, and could only come up with snapbacks and full pay to the last day as alternatives.

AA was performing at the bottom of the DOT rankings for years before Horton was CEO, and seems to me y'all have been bitter and demoralized since 2003.

I see all these excuses being thrown around for what was wrong at AA, but rarely does anyone hold themselves or their own contract up to any scrutiny.

It's like firing the coach over a losing season. It happens all the time in sports, but rarely changes how well you do in the next game or how you place next season. For that, you need to start replacing people on the field or changing how they're used.

Seems you guys just wanted to fire the coach and maintain your status quo.

The unions didn't like Crandall, but individuals couldn't help but be swayed/pursuaded by him when they spoke to him in person or went to a live event where he was speaking...

You didn't like Carty (who seemed to be willing to check emotion at the door and make decisions), you got Arpey.

You didn't like Arpey (who knew what had to be done but didn't want to be the one to pull the plug), you got Horton.

You don't like Horton (who managed to make the tough calls, go to the mattresses, or whatever other cliche you need to understand things...), and now you've gotten your way, for the third time in a row, before the guy even had a chance to prove whether or not the changes he'd made were going to work.

After going thru three CEO's in ten years, do you really think a fourth CEO is going to make a difference?...

I don't.

It's entirely possible that you guys really are the problem. Your contracts, your representatives, the way you've/they've approached negotiations, how everyone else is always to blame...

It never ceases to amaze me how some of you never stop pissing and moaning about how bad things are, yet are too chickenshit to actually do something about it, like replacing the representatives who made the bed you're now sleeping in... You spare no amount of criticism for those actually making the hard calls, but don't want to hold yourself accountable.

Sorry, but that's the stuff that happened at Eastern, Braniff, and Pan Am. If that's what you want, go for it. I think they still sell blinders at Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet.

Go ahead, guys. Click the red arrows like crazy. I can handle it.
its ok you can say you tried to hack it at as but couldn't......couldn't make the cut.....there can be only so many at the top the rest well you know the way it goes....

It can only outsource 50% of billable hours of heavy maintenance. Line maintenance cannot be outsourced.

So half the work can be outsourced, but half the work must be done in-house.

The chapter 11 was in 05, transition agreement in 08, first section 6 negotiations started in 2011.
What do you call contract maint. @ stations we fly to?

We should have our mechanics at every station we fly to. That is in-house maint. Get the f*#k off of our threads and get a life!

its ok you can say you tried to hack it at as but couldn't......couldn't make the cut.....there can be only so many at the top the rest well you know the way it goes....

If you say so, but I look at it as being paroled. Trading W2+D2 for W2x2 seemed like the right choice at the time. Still does.

What do you call contract maint. @ stations we fly to?
Contract maintenance only does on-call maintenance when a plane breaks in a non-mtc station, and in most cases US mechanics are road tripped to the station if parts are sent to fix the plane.

No airline has mtc in every station, and uses contract mtc when a plane breaks.

Its not outsourced on a daily basis, doing line checks, like a daily check, RON work, an A or B check, those are not outsourced to contract mtc.

Maint. is maint. It doesn't matter if it is unscheduled or not. If we fly there, we should have our techs there if it breaks. Airlines used to man a lot more stations with their own techs. To cut back they have closed more and more stations for keeping techs at the stations.

Maint. is maint. It doesn't matter if it is unscheduled or not. If we fly there, we should have our techs there if it breaks. Airlines used to man a lot more stations with their own techs. To cut back they have closed more and more stations for keeping techs at the stations.
How can you justify the company having there own maintenance at stations with 1 or 2 flights a day. We fly to over 80 cities and it would b impossible to staff every station.

How can you justify the company having there own maintenance at stations with 1 or 2 flights a day. We fly to over 80 cities and it would b impossible to staff every station.

The same way you justify filing bankruptcy with four Billion dollars in the bank I suppose. The same way you justify giving someone 20 million dollars to leave. The same way you justify giving bonuses to executives when the company is supposedly losing million of dollars per quarter. You could staff all the small stations and then some with the "bonuses" AA gives out every year to our "leaders". Couple that with the fact that American Airlines labor has never been cheaper.

You want to talk justification? Have American Airlines justify how they are paying their mechanics less today than they were 15 years ago. Have American Airlines justify placing the biggest airline order in history when they are supposedly losing money.

No red arrow here... I actually agree. I'm continually amazed at how far the TWU can go against the basic tenets of organization and yet they're still here...

Economically unsustainable maybe, but not impossible. :)

I suppose you could justify it (or at least offset your fixed costs) by insourcing work from other carriers at the field?

Back