Just Heard This

mike7867

Nov 7, 2002
just heard that mci is doing a c-check on a air canada 767. now i dont know if its true but thats what i heard. but if this is true what does that say about outsourcing? delta outsourced there heavy maintence to air canada. now air canada is outsourcing there work to american. go figure. also heard if they do a good job on this 767 the will get more work.

mike7867 said:
just heard that mci is doing a c-check on a air canada 767. now i dont know if its true but thats what i heard. but if this is true what does that say about outsourcing? delta outsourced there heavy maintence to air canada. now air canada is outsourcing there work to american. go figure. also heard if they do a good job on this 767 the will get more work.
[post="268963"][/post]​
It is true. It was stated in a letter from the TWU local 530 president in MCI. See for yourself on their website.

Do a good job fella's, heck with another pay cut and benefit raping we can get all kinds of third party work. soon we can compete with the likes of trashco or dalfort, heck the sky is the limit! :up: :up: :up:

mike7867 said:
also heard if they do a good job on this 767 the will get more work.
[post="268963"][/post]​

What do you expect them to say? "Do a good job but hurry up because when you are done you are gone".

Lets not forget how they were saying that they were going to put the work where it gets done. STL had the best numbers in the system, how were they rewarded? By nearly shutting down the station and laying them off.

local 12 proud said:
Do a good job fella's, heck with another pay cut and benefit raping we can get all kinds of third party work. soon we can compete with the likes of trashco or dalfort, heck the sky is the limit! :up: :up: :up:
[post="269013"][/post]​

I would say that that just may be the opening that MCI needs. If you keep badmouthing third party work brought in-house you are saying that amts at AA cannot compete in anyway with the TIMCOs of this world. Good for you, if that is your level of competence.

If the work were in JFK, Bob would be all over how great this was.... Then again, maybe not. He'd still find something to complain about.

Checking it Out said:
Isn't it nice to see the system is working. Keep the work coming in.
[post="269380"][/post]​

If the system were working, the OSM would not exist. As long as you condone the existance of the classification, you are not a union man.

Are there going to be any OSM's working the support shops for this 767 work?

mike7867 said:
[post="268963"][/post]​
<_< It's true! but, this is just one aircraft! So don't get excited! And yes, they're playing the carret on a stick thing! But frankly nobody's buying it! Now, you know what I heard? :shock: MCI nails down a contract for four 757 "C" checks, and now that we're laying off 500 AMT's, management says we don't have enough bodies to service them, so they're going to TUL!!! Am I surprised? Hell no!! BOHICA!!!!! :angry:

MCI transplant said:
<_< It's true! but, this is just one aircraft! So don't get excited! And yes, they're playing the carret on a stick thing! But frankly nobody's buying it! Now, you know what I heard? :shock: MCI nails down a contract for four 757 "C" checks, and now that we're laying off 500 AMT's, management says we don't have enough bodies to service them, so they're going to TUL!!! Am I surprised? Hell no!! BOHICA!!!!! :angry:
[post="269460"][/post]​

Excuse me, but just for the record, MCI didn't nail down the contract. AA did. MCI doesn't exist as a separate corporate entity...

Former ModerAAtor said:
Excuse me, but just for the record, MCI didn't nail down the contract. AA did. MCI doesn't exist as a separate corporate entity...
[post="269802"][/post]​

But the TWU will take credit for it.

Massive amounts of Third Party Maintenance rolling in the door. It would appear that TUL is going to receive the Third Party Maintenance that MCI could have used. But of course that is the TWU looking out for MCI/TWA again.

Former ModerAAtor said:
[post="269802"][/post]​
<_< Don't play word games with me sir! That contract was found, persued, and negotiated by a member of the MCI (exTWA) staff!!!!! :angry:

MCI transplant said:
<_< Don't play word games with me sir! That contract was found, persued, and negotiated by a member of the MCI (exTWA) staff!!!!! :angry:
[post="269890"][/post]​

It's not word games -- it's reality. Y'all keep perpetuating the concept that MCI is a different airline, and it isn't.

And quite bluntly, it doesn't really matter where the person who negotiated the contract started their career. They've been getting an AA paycheck for at least three years if not longer.